TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nice 09 (Stripe Delete) Kr On Ebay. Good Price.

AlaskanKR

Just to keep the record straight, there was no stripe delete option available on the KR's. The removal of the Shelby installed stripes would be considered an owner modification.

The stripe replacement & installation costs should be considered by the buyer when negotiating the price.

Steve

Hard to see from my little iPhone but it appears that the Shelby letters and the little winglets that go next to the cobra on the passenger-side are missing.

Correct Dave, they are missing. I am not sure why anyone would do this to a KR but to each his own. I would have the stripes painted on since the labor has already been done to remove the stripes. I did not see theFR brake duct kit included. Maybe it is installed.

Hard to see from my little iPhone but it appears that the Shelby letters and the little winglets that go next to the cobra on the passenger-side are missing.

Yes the passenger side "wings" are missing along with front & rear Shelby letters.

I too question the brake duct cooling kit. The auction description seems like a cut & paste so I would be surprised if the kit is still in the trunk. Even more surprised if it was installed.

Steve

Just to keep the record straight, there was no stripe delete option available on the KR's. The removal of the Shelby installed stripes would be considered an owner modification.

The stripe replacement & installation costs should be considered by the buyer when negotiating the price.

Steve

Steve, I'm aware of this. I called it stripe delete because they are gone. I'll use better terminology in the future. :)

AK.

Update:

This dealership is "Shelby" knowledgable store so they are fixing all issues.

The original owner removed the stock stripes and added black. The dealership removed them yesterday. The original owner also removed the hood and trunk lettering. It appears he did not know what he was doing. The fender badge...not too sure what happened there.

The car is being sold at the current price (as is) until the dealership returns the car back to stock which they are in the process of doing. Once completed the price will reflect those changes.

The car has not been wrecked.

AK.

I remember this car from an earlier thread. The black stripe on a KR stands out. Not sure I would want the dealer to do the work. If I was buying it I would ship it back to SAI, with the hopes that it isn't documented as an owner modification car.

I did notice the flags missing from the right side. I didn't notice the removal of SHELBY from bonnet and trunk. WHY would anyone do that? If I were to guess, it was wrecked. Also I looked on the latest production list and this car is not listed.

I'd run away on this deal. Especially for what they're asking.

...notice the removal of SHELBY from bonnet and trunk. WHY would anyone do that? If I were to guess, it was wrecked. I'd run away on this deal.

Completely agree...Why? There's a difference between a muted car and one like this where you take only some of the letters/badging off but not all. There's something wrong here.

Archived