TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby South Atlantic At Festival Of Speed, Amelia Island, Fl

ltbeach

I spoke with Joe Sabatini from the Festival of Speed. He extended an invite to our club to come to his event at Amelia Island FL, 14 Mar 2015. Joe will give us free display registration for the day of the show which includes admission for two and an event poster. He will group our cars together on the golf course fairway. He will also include us in advertisements and will also create a Shelby specific trophy for the event. The Festival of Speed event is setup to be a part of the 4 day Concours D'elegance weekend. Joe said he can take as many cars as we can register. Please respond to the event so we can get everyone registered and have an idea of how many cars are going.

He also mentioned that a couple of national magazines are interested in us and our cars and would like to take pictures and interview us.

go to Festivalsofspeed.com and register. Put "Shelby club" after your last name so he knows we are a free registration.

For those headed this way, think about making it an over-night stay if you can find a hotel or B&B available! After the show on Saturday, there's a cruise-in scheduled nearby, (Callhan, FL, about 15 miles away), and a great BBQ joint there to have dinner! Afterwards, cruise back to Amelia Island and downtown Fernandina for some night-life at the local watering holes - Palace Saloon is the oldest bar in Florida!

Of course, the Concour de Elegance is on Sunday!

Sam

Sam,

Vic and I are planning on Sat evening for Cruise in....not sure of the others yet.

Jim - Sounds like a plan! If you guys like BBQ we can hit "The Pig" in Callahan, right next door to the cruise-in. (OReilly's Auto Parts sponsors this particular cruise-in)

You guys staying at Comfort Inn?

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

We've got 10 below 0 air temps, 25 below 0 wind chills, 4" of snow on ground & possible 7 more this weekend ! :drop: My cabin fever is eclipsed only by my Shelby withdrawal :shift:

I have never been to this event (have read about it in Road & Track) and normally would not consider going to something so "highbrow" :cool: but I REALLY need a reason to get the :censored: out of here. Has anyone on here entered a car in previous years and could tell me a little more about it? Their homepage is somewhat less than informative for a "newby".

I was registered for the one in Orlando last year, but ended up not going because I had to travel for work. Jim went to the Orlando one last year and won a trophy. He wasn't going to go at first, but he said he was glad he did.

I disagree that we don't belong. We have the ultimate American Muscle Car...the epitome of Speed and power. Thats why Joe invited us to attend for free. He knows we belong and wants us to be there to represent the brand. He is advertising our presence and giving us prime parking on the golf course fairway. He is even developing a Shelby specific trophy. He wouldn't do all that if he thought we didn't belong.

Here is a link to the rest of the events going on all weekend on Amelia Island. https://www.ameliaconcours.org/

I say why not experience something you've never done before. As you said, its a great excuse to get the Shelby out and get out of the cold for a few days and hang out with a good group of Shelby owners.

We've got 10 below 0 air temps, 25 below 0 wind chills, 4" of snow on ground & possible 7 more this weekend ! :drop: My cabin fever is eclipsed only by my Shelby withdrawal :shift:

I have never been to this event (have read about it in Road & Track) and normally would not consider going to something so "highbrow" :cool: but I REALLY need a reason to get the :censored: out of here. Has anyone on here entered a car in previous years and could tell me a little more about it? Their homepage is somewhat less than informative for a "newby".

Shelbyville,

When I went in December, like Larry said, the day of show, I was "Ehhhh, not feeling it, dont want to go". Wife told me to go, I would enjoy myself.

Long story short, Had a blast, meet some GREAT people and won a trophy. Was not expecting that. I was not even going to the awards ceremony, but the guy parked next to me with a 5 window talked me into it. Glad I did that also.

As far as preparing the car, prepare the car like an MCA show or a judged show and you will do fine.

Just my 0.02.....

OK, so this is a judged event for us, not just display? What is the cutoff date for registration and approximately how many Shelby's are going?

Anybody been to this one? Curious as to if the reception is worth $125. per person. :dance:

Looking like another rainy weekend...hope it passes by earlier.

I have a reservation at the Quality Inn near the airport that I was cancelling next week.

The hotel info is posted above. Look into it..

Are you driving up and going home on the same day?

Soooo...coming up Friday night or early Saturday morning? I am going to hit cruise in and dinner also with you.

If Early morning, I will catch up with on the way up near St. Aug.

Archived