TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Series 2 For Real?

John Canfield

In the latest issue of Mustang Monthly magazine there is a article about the Shelby Trust which is a series of Q&As with Neil Cummings and Joe Conway. in the interview they cover a number of subjects, but the one that really got my attention was that they have a new licensing deal to bring back the S1, but with Ford components and branding it as the S2. Anyone here got any more info or detail on this? It's the first I've heard of it.

In the latest issue of Mustang Monthly magazine there is a article about the Shelby Trust which is a series of Q&As with Neil Cummings and Joe Conway. in the interview they cover a number of subjects, but the one that really got my attention was that they have a new licensing deal to bring back the S1, but with Ford components and branding it as the S2. Anyone here got any more info or detail on this? It's the first I've heard of it.

Ya read that quite a good article , probably won`t announce anything until they have more details .

I would seriously doubt Shelby American would want to take on the role of a "full manufacturer" again. Producing a car like that would mean crash and other safety testing, EPA rules, and all the stuff that comes with it, especially now a long term commitment to things like recalls that aren't even theirs. But who knows.

Even if they did it as they do the current continuation cars, that would certainly not only make them a legit Shelby product but also provide a platform that would showcase the improvements that would come with a Coyote powerplant, supercharged or not.

I would seriously doubt Shelby American would want to take on the role of a "full manufacturer" again. Producing a car like that would mean crash and other safety testing, EPA rules, and all the stuff that comes with it, especially now a long term commitment to things like recalls that aren't even theirs. But who knows.

Back when they did the Series 1 in 99 didn't they keep product to 249 to avoid the "full manufacturer" label and thus avoid the crash testing required by a full manufacturer? Would this still apply today?

QSS

• 1 year later...

What engine? Oldsmobile Aurora long gone, as is Oldsmobile. And will it have GM Camaro parts as in the S1?

5.0 Coyote with a Whipple? 5.4 supercharged? 5.2 Voodoo n/a? lots of choices

NO eco-boost

• 6 years later...