TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Extreme Performance Tires For Grip On 2009 Stock Rear Wheel.

09shelbyVertBLK

I am looking for some new rear tires for my 09 shelby. I currently have 285/40R18 continental extreme contact dw and was very pleased with the overall performance of these tires except for the grip. Since they are pretty much bald now I figured this is a perfect time to go with something a bit stickier. I'm not concerned with wet performance at all. The main two things I want out of the tires are dry weather grip and not completely horrible tread wear which is why I don't want to go to drag radials. Can anyone suggest the best tires for this criteria? Also I noticed that if I searched for tires in 295/35zr18 I came up with a lot more tire options. I know that size is a little shorter than stock but would it be a noticeable difference? Should I just stick with the stock size? (Appearance) I appreciate the help guys!!

09shelbyVertBLK

Hankook Ventus Evo

Been running them on my KR for 3 years now (on my second set now), and my KR gets used like Carroll would want

No garage queen or parade duty here...dry, wet, street or track, they are excellent, and the price point can't be beat. I just bought my second set and got them for $152 ea

275/40 18, but I wanted the tires square so could rotate all four corners. These tires are far better than what the car came with, and better than the Goodyear F1, in my opinion. The F1 requires a lot heat before it sticks.

Traction is as much a result of the suspension as it is the tire. I don't have near the power you do, but when the suspension has had a chance to set I have hard time breaking loose, unless I want to.

Archived