TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby's In Kc Area

real_supersnake

....a large handful of us are in the kc area.......I live up between liberty and kearney. Two mustang clubs are in the kc area....the largest and the one with the most Shelbys is the Mustang Club of Greater Kansas City. This year we are having our monthly cruises at the Sam's Club at Legends in KCKS. Nice video by the way.....mine has been sitting in the garage for the last couple of months........I should probably get it out on these nice days.

and we have a very large gathering of shelbys and other mustangs at an event we call Shelbyfest......started in Hermann MO in 2007 but have moved this year to Jefferson City MO.........4/30 thru 5/2.......this year we have a dedicated motel with parking garage etc.......you would really enjoy it. If you get a chance we should sit down and chat over a beer or soda...........I certainly would love to see your 2013.

and we have a very large gathering of shelbys and other mustangs at an event we call Shelbyfest......started in Hermann MO in 2007 but have moved this year to Jefferson City MO.........4/30 thru 5/2.......this year we have a dedicated motel with parking garage etc.......you would really enjoy it. If you get a chance we should sit down and chat over a beer or soda...........I certainly would love to see your 2013.

I love beer and or soda. There might be some nice weather this weekend. PM if you want to link up somewhere around KC.

Sorry for the delay chiming in, been on the road. Cool video! I need to breakout my new GoPro and actually use it. What was the popping at the end of your fly by? Sounded like a hand gun at the range.

The local shows are pretty good, but our favorite is ShelbyFest. Be sure to mark your calendar.

We have a few Shelby sittings every now and then. I still think Texas and California have the highest concentration though.

Look forward to seeing your car in person!

Sorry for the delay chiming in, been on the road. Cool video! I need to breakout my new GoPro and actually use it. What was the popping at the end of your fly by? Sounded like a hand gun at the range.

The local shows are pretty good, but our favorite is ShelbyFest. Be sure to mark your calendar.

We have a few Shelby sittings every now and then. I still think Texas and California have the highest concentration though.

Look forward to seeing your car in person!

I think someone was doing some target practice on a nearby farm.

Already booked a room for ShelbyFest, just waiting on event registration!!

I think I am driving over on thursday......either of you up for a caravan?? keep it in mind as it draws closer

Definitely interested. I booked the room starting on Thursday, so I will be headed that way. I will hit up a couple other guys and see if they can as well. I guess we can backwards plan departure once we get the full lay down of the events.

Do they usually have a track event at ShelbyFest? Or just showing off the goods?

the only driving event I know of is a friday autocross, but no details yet........plus the actual show and banquet on saturday (not an award type show.......just parking, displays, talking, etc) Oh....did I mention drinking?? might be a bunch of that going on also....lol,

For me it is primarily a social event to get together with some folks I only see at this event.

my group is also into guns........and for the past few years we have brought our favorites to shoot and let others shoot. Hopefully we can find a suitable site around Jefferson City. Many types of handguns, and some ak and ar weapons. I think the favorite last year was an ak-type pistol with an extended stock/wrist support.......wicked weapon. I only had my browning shotgun to shoot since my kahr 40 broke its slide top spring....ugghhh.

the only driving event I know of is a friday autocross, but no details yet........plus the actual show and banquet on saturday (not an award type show.......just parking, displays, talking, etc) Oh....did I mention drinking?? might be a bunch of that going on also....lol,

For me it is primarily a social event to get together with some folks I only see at this event.

my group is also into guns........and for the past few years we have brought our favorites to shoot and let others shoot. Hopefully we can find a suitable site around Jefferson City. Many types of handguns, and some ak and ar weapons. I think the favorite last year was an ak-type pistol with an extended stock/wrist support.......wicked weapon. I only had my browning shotgun to shoot since my kahr 40 broke its slide top spring....ugghhh.

I have a couple toys I could bring along. Might be a cool and different addition to the motorhead entertainment.

Also in KC area and will be heading to Shelby Fest Thursday morning.

I think most of the KC area guys are on GT500.com and meet up for beers regularly, you guys are more then welcome to join.

Also into guns ;)

Anybody doing anything this weekend? I am definitely taking the car out today. Going to see American Sniper!!

Nice to see that there are lots of Shelby owners in the KC area. We live about 45 miles to the east.

We are planning on taking the Terlingua and one of our Saleens (probably the PJ) to Shelby Fest for the Saturday display.

This will be our first time to attend this event

Nice to see that there are lots of Shelby owners in the KC area. We live about 45 miles to the east.

We are planning on taking the Terlingua and one of our Saleens (probably the PJ) to Shelby Fest for the Saturday display.

This will be my first ShelbyFest as well. I am going to my 3rd Shelby Bash in Vegas in about 5 weeks, but always looking for more folks to meet and learn about these awesome machines. If you ever come through KC, let us know.

Now we're talking! Already looking forward to seeing that Terlingua in person! If only I knew of them when they were available! Big fan!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is and it has a very long straight. I got up to about 140mph before hitting the brakes for the turn. And its only a 2.5 hr drive from KC!!

http://www.midamericamotorplex.com/site/

It would take me about 4 hours to get to that track from where I live. I really miss Heartland Park Topeka. That was only a little over an hour away. Hopefully they will find a buyer to take over the track and start having track days again. In the mean time, I've started going down to Hallett Motor Racing Circuit near Tulsa.

Mark

It would take me about 4 hours to get to that track from where I live. I really miss Heartland Park Topeka. That was only a little over an hour away. Hopefully they will find a buyer to take over the track and start having track days again. In the mean time, I've started going down to Hallett Motor Racing Circuit near Tulsa.

Mark

Hallett in on my to-do list. Will have to wait until fall though. Hastings is another track I did recently. Took me about 4.5 hrs to get there. Going back there for Mustang Rally in Sept.

Here I am in a 2015 auto-V6 rental at Hastings:

https://youtu.be/ecg6XZuoO_s

• 1 month later...

CSX7070 is in KC! KC get together anyone???

I am all about a get together. I have found that most of the Shelby owners in the KC area typically chat on the GT500 Forum. There is a few things going on the this weekend, the biggest being the Street Car Take Over. Suppose to be a big show at Side Pockets in Blue Springs, 4-11pm on Saturday.

Are you tracking the Garnett Revival Grand Prix, 10-11 October? Bunch of old cobras and corvettes racing around a lake about an hour south of here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived