TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drag Strip Rental

Shelby3

Not sure if this is the correct region but the Northern Virginia Mustang Club rents the Mason Dixon Dragway in the spring and fall for 4 hours (8 to 12). The club charges $50 a head for advanced reservations (minimum 40 cars). I'm able to get 9 to 12 runs in during out time slot.

Not sure if this is the correct region but the Northern Virginia Mustang Club rents the Mason Dixon Dragway in the spring and fall for 4 hours (8 to 12). The club charges $50 a head for advanced reservations (minimum 40 cars). I'm able to get 9 to 12 runs in during out time slot.

I think some guys are from Connecticut so it may be a little far. How far would Atco be from you? I'm in the process of installing my 3.73 gears. Found that my carrier run out was out a spec so I just ordered another one. Hopefully we can plan something within the next few weeks where everyone is available.

Id be down for ATCO.......I've done Englishtown 5 or 6 times and its always only 3 or 4 runs tops.........

getting on 9 or 10 runs in one event would be awesome.

We are getting some traction here. Hopefully we can all get together and have a fun day burning rubber!

• 2 weeks later...

My son has a Mustang as does one of his buddies........he says him and his buddy are in for ATCO...........

I'm working on my gear swap this week. I did them but wasn't happy with the result so I'm doing them again. We should see the availability of everyone early June. I haven't called Atco yet but I plan on doing so this week to see what we need to do to set that up.

How do you find the people? I wouldn't mind driving a bit to get there but Orlando is a little too far from SEPA. I do have a house in Port St. Lucie but we can't make it this year. May be next year. How many runs do you get in a day?

We have two FB groups that rent it together.

One is a Cyclone Mustang Group and the other is a mustang group. There are time we struggle to get the 20-25. We also only do it in spring and fall.

I'll keep an eye out, too, for an Atco track rental day.

Looking at the rules it looks like 10 racers at $200 should do it although Atco reserves the right to add people but they don't count in our group but they would also race. We must be close to 10. I have a buddy with a S8 that would probably join us. I have to get my damn gears dialed in so we can schedule

Looking at the rules it looks like 10 racers at $200 should do it although Atco reserves the right to add people but they don't count in our group but they would also race. We must be close to 10. I have a buddy with a S8 that would probably join us. I have to get my damn gears dialed in so we can schedule

Well I finally got my gears dialed in. I did receive the Email addresses from the interested parties and will call Atco this week. I will report dates available via Email and hopefully we can schedule something very soon before it gets really hot.