TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drag Strip Rental

Shelby3

Just curious if you guys ever rented a drag strip for the day. I'm interested but not sure where to leave my name. It would be nice to run a bunch of Shelby's for a day!

John Keller (GT50040th) had one rented for the 2013 Team Shelby Nationals. I know it was in the Carlisle area but due to weather only one person (Ilmor) showed up.

It's far up, right next to MA. I'd wouldn't mind going to Atco.

I think we need 20 guys to rent the place from 9:00AM to 4:00PM. I think it is $250 for the day. I left a message to GT50040th. May be he can round up some guys. I plan on calling the track to see if we can leave our names on a list or something so if someone is setting it up and are short of people we could attend.

$250 is pretty steep. I pay $50 at ours. We should try to find another group to join with. In the past, I've seen some other forum groups have drag days- SVT Owners, Mustang Junkies, etc. I'll see if I could find some. Keep an eye out for one.

Where is your strip? I will look around also.

We rent the Orlando track for about 55 / day. Its limited to 20-25 people.

Great fun

How do you find the people? I wouldn't mind driving a bit to get there but Orlando is a little too far from SEPA. I do have a house in Port St. Lucie but we can't make it this year. May be next year. How many runs do you get in a day?

The Garden State Region Mustang Club (GSRMC) does (2) two drag days each year. One in the spring time and one in the fall both at Englihtown. You get a tuner run plus 3-three passes. Check out the website. GSRMC.org.

Thanks. I get 3 runs in Englishtown when I go on Wednesday night. I need more practice to bring my 60ft down and that is why it would be nice to get 15-20 runs. I will check it out and appreciate your response.

I've been to Englishtown and wouldn't mind going there again, about 3-1/2 hour drive; I've always wanted to get to Atco because its a fast track. I'll look up the mileage and travel time. Don't know about Maple although I've heard of it. I'm in CT.

Hopefully we can meet and get some runs done. Once it warms up a little I'll contact both tracks and see if we can get in a group.

Atco gets my vote. I've been there 3 times and even the time that I got there at 7pm I was still able to get 8 runs. I've gotten 9 and 10 passes the other two times. At the end of the night you can pretty much get 3 or 4 in a row. you're pretty much hot lapping it. Which is pretty cool if your car can take it. The two times I've been to Englishtown I've only been able to get 2 passes each night. So I probably won't go back there.

Atco gets my vote. I've been there 3 times and even the time that I got there at 7pm I was still able to get 8 runs. I've gotten 9 and 10 passes the other two times. At the end of the night you can pretty much get 3 or 4 in a row. you're pretty much hot lapping it. Which is pretty cool if your car can take it. The two times I've been to Englishtown I've only been able to get 2 passes each night. So I probably won't go back there.

I only got 3 passes at Englishtown and you had to be very patient. Thanks for the info, that is where I'll be going next. may be we can meet and Secondo can join.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys I usually go to Atco for track rentals about $200 a head. But I am interested in atco, Englishtown, leabonan, maple grove,or Cecil county. I am in queens NY let me know pleasee my email is smokeurz06@yahoo.com