TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm Expecting

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just want to be clear on the ordering of interior upgrade. Can you order the premium interior package without the red inserts. Thanks!

JJ

Yes you can. It consists of the leather look dash brow, console cover and door arm rests. Also has electrochromic compass mirror and aluminum pedals. It is independant of the interior color.

Congrats man!

I just stuck on some new meats. I put on the Nitto 305/35 in the rear and 245/40 in the front. The fronts are a bit smaller than i would like but I didn't want the front taller than the rear. This should at least get me to the winter when I can worry about the 19" rims and KDW's I've been eyeballing.

Now of to PA for a KB

Wow! Your baby's been built. How's it feel to be sooooo close? Can't wait to see the pics. It's going to be a bunch of sleepless nights for sure.

Yeah, I was really calm until the "bucked" status. No that delivery is getting closer, I am about to pop.

iceman, I can't wait to see what you have done with it. One of the first trips I make in mine will be down to show it to you and check yours out. I know a guy with a new Z06 that wants to compare rides. That should be fun.

Monday I will se what Ralph has to say.

Thanks Rob.

I welcome any information I can get. I am hoping he will tell you it is built.

Do you know if the stripes are getting put on at AAI, yet? If not would you ask Ralph about it?

I got a copy of my window sticker. It still says "ship through...Woodhaven".

Kevin

Yes you can. It consists of the leather look dash brow, console cover and door arm rests. Also has electrochromic compass mirror and aluminum pedals. It is independant of the interior color.

I remember reading somewere that the stiching on the upgrade is red. Can you confirm this thanks!

JJ

I remember reading somewere that the stiching on the upgrade is red. Can you confirm this thanks!

JJ

I don't think the stitching is red on the dash brow, armrest or console. It is red on the seat edges with the red interior. It is red on the steering wheel and shift boot on all GT500s. I would like to have seen it match on all parts. I would have even liked a subtle red on them with the black interior.

Sorry to keep asking questions. when you say dash brow do you mean just the edge or leather on the whole dash. Are the arm rests larger or more comfy. The console cover just the lid on top has leather look! Aprox how much $ for this option. Thanks.

JJ

Thanks Rob.

I welcome any information I can get. I am hoping he will tell you it is built.

Do you know if the stripes are getting put on at AAI, yet? If not would you ask Ralph about it?

I got a copy of my window sticker. It still says "ship through...Woodhaven".

Kevin

I will grill him for all the info and post it for you.

Rob

Sorry to keep asking questions. when you say dash brow do you mean just the edge or leather on the whole dash. Are the arm rests larger or more comfy. The console cover just the lid on top has leather look! Aprox how much $ for this option. Thanks.

JJ

The whole top of the dash. Arm rest are the same with a little nicer material covering them. The console lid is also the same with little nicer covering. Price is $595.

Rob, I look forward to hearing from you.

Joker, Thanks. I can't wait to post pics.

The whole top of the dash. Arm rest are the same with a little nicer material covering them. The console lid is also the same with little nicer covering. Price is $595.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! So............to you, I say:

BUCK YOU! :hysterical:

You have been bucked, now you'll get built! Congrats, DUDE! :beerchug:

~Chris

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! So............to you, I say:

BUCK YOU! :hysterical:

You have been bucked, now you'll get built! Congrats, DUDE! :beerchug:

~Chris

Thanks Chris.

Any luck on your deal yet?

JJ

Don't know if it is just the upgrade or not but yes the stitching is red for some reason on my shifter boot and the steering wheel. I whish it wasn't but it's not someting on my to change list.

Kevin - I'm really excited for you. I am having wheel issues so I will be getting something worked out this week and let you know what happens. Discount tire broke my 2 rear tire sensor bands when putting on the Nitto's. We put them back together and they seemed OK but half way to the lake house this week end the message about sensor failure or something came on. It then went off and came back later and then went off and came back on the way home. You can clear it easy enough but have to do it every time you start the car now so I'll have to deal with it. I suspect the band came off in the tire so now the question about the balance and interior tire issues are there. I really like the Nitto's in the rear but don't care for my smaller fronts. The ride is not as good as stock tires IMO but it may well be due to the balance issue with the sensor being off. I'm going to go in calm and wait for them to push the button then I'll blow up at them. I'm thinking I may go back to stock tires on the front and see how it looks. If no good I'm turning in the entire purchase and going to the 19" rims and other tires.

The point being when you do get the mod bug come talk to me - I'd do a few things different if I bought a new car now and knew what I did now. Over all I'm please with the amount of Mods I've done to only have 1-2 that I don't care for is pretty good but this tire thing is really bugging me....it's definately something to avoid if you can.

Chris

Kevin,

Your GT500 was bucked on Monday 7/30 and is somewhere in the Plant. Ford's computer system could not give the little birdie any more info than that. I was hoping to get more info for you, but could not. I will talk to the little birdie at the end of the week and try to find out more info.

Kevin,

Your GT500 was bucked on Monday 7/30 and is somewhere in the Plant. Ford's computer system could not give the little birdie any more info than that. I was hoping to get more info for you, but could not. I will talk to the little birdie at the end of the week and try to find out more info.

Thanks Rob. It is my understanding that is takes about 23.7 wworking hours to build one once it is bucked. I would think it would be done. Unless it had to be repaired or something (God, I hope not). It should be built by now.

Thanks for checking and let me know if you get any other info.

Monday's are a bad day to get accurate info out of the Ford computers from what ShelbyDude has told me. Birdie usually tells me the day it goes for stripes. I will work on finding out about when the darn stripes are expected to be finished. I will call again Thursday morning my time.

Monday's are a bad day to get accurate info out of the Ford computers from what ShelbyDude has told me. Birdie usually tells me the day it goes for stripes. I will work on finding out about when the darn stripes are expected to be finished. I will call again Thursday morning my time.

I heard from a friend at the factory today. It went to paint on Friday and should be out to "trim" today. We is getting close.

Thought you might be interested to know that the upgraded interior package in Canada is not a option it just comes that way. JJ

I talked to 2 birdies today about your car during my lunch today just now. As of 12 noon my time or 3pm Dearborn time this is what I have found out about your car.

Ramp birdie at Autoport (shipping) says that she does not have your car. She double checked.

I then called the Factory birdie and he has told me that your car is still in the plant and has not been transfered over to Autoport. I then asked him about the inhouse stripping and he confirmed that yours is being done in house. I then asked him if all of the GT500's are being done in house and he told me that only 20% of them are being done in house and the other 80% are still being done over at the shared Mazda stripping plant.

I asked him why and he told me that his qualified manpower to put the stripes on is very limited, so they still have to sub out most of it to the other plant. He said that your car has a name on it as Mr. S_i_t_. I assume that is your last name? He then guessed that you should have your car at the Lafayette, Indiana dealership by 8/17. But that is a Guess.

Be prepared for the car to sit in the factory parking lot for up to a week. This happens all the time. Then when the car gets moved over to Autoport to be loaded onto a truck or train, it could sit in there lot for a week or 2 also. This depends on how busy they are and how backed up they are and if they have a full railcar ready to load and send out or truck to your area.

So in closing this post, you might have your car by mid month or it could be at the very end of the month. Be prepared for the worst. I will be talking to my sweet little girl birdie again soon to find out when it gets loaded and weather or not it is going rail or train.

Hang in there.

I talked to 2 birdies today about your car during my lunch today just now. As of 12 noon my time or 3pm Dearborn time this is what I have found out about your car.

Ramp birdie at Autoport (shipping) says that she does not have your car. She double checked.

I then called the Factory birdie and he has told me that your car is still in the plant and has not been transfered over to Autoport. I then asked him about the inhouse stripping and he confirmed that yours is being done in house. I then asked him if all of the GT500's are being done in house and he told me that only 20% of them are being done in house and the other 80% are still being done over at the shared Mazda stripping plant.

I asked him why and he told me that his qualified manpower to put the stripes on is very limited, so they still have to sub out most of it to the other plant. He said that your car has a name on it as Mr. S_i_t_. I assume that is your last name? He then guessed that you should have your car at the Lafayette, Indiana dealership by 8/17. But that is a Guess.

Be prepared for the car to sit in the factory parking lot for up to a week. This happens all the time. Then when the car gets moved over to Autoport to be loaded onto a truck or train, it could sit in there lot for a week or 2 also. This depends on how busy they are and how backed up they are and if they have a full railcar ready to load and send out or truck to your area.

So in closing this post, you might have your car by mid month or it could be at the very end of the month. Be prepared for the worst. I will be talking to my sweet little girl birdie again soon to find out when it gets loaded and weather or not it is going rail or train.

Hang in there.

Thank you Rob. Your willingness to help and insider contacts are priceless.

I'll sit patiently :runaway: at my computer waiting to hear the next step.

Thank you Rob. Your willingness to help and insider contacts are priceless.

I'll sit patiently :runaway: at my computer waiting to hear the next step.

Hopefully they are not too backed up or having a railcar shortage. All it takes is a couple cogs in the wheel and all of a sudden there are thousands of cars backed up in the holding lots. Our GT500's are mixed in with all the Mustang GT's and they all get sent over to Autoport for shipping as they get completed. Autoport does one final quality inspection on them, and if they find something wrong, then the car gets sent back for a repair. I am sure yours will be perfect, but Ford's shipping program is very time consuming.

Your day is comming soon, and the entire wait will be long forgotten.

I just got off the phone with my little birdie at the Shipping yard to see if the Turkeys at the plant have turned your car over to her so she can ship it.

As of 2pm Dearborn time, it is still at the plant.

This is typical, so just be patient.

so just be patient.

:hysterical2: Too Late!

I understand. I have been following this car since long before the 2005s were released. I've seen many, many people go through this frustrating waiting game. Even though I expect it, I'll still look like this for the next 1-4 weeks. :wacko:

As always, thank you. If you get a chance, thank the birdies for me, too.

Archived