TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin' The Smokies '15

stngfever

Four guys have been going to the same Shelby trip to Tail of the Dragon for many years. Two days before the group is to leave, Jim's wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn't going.

Jim's mates are very upset that he can't go, but what can they do. Two days later the three get to the hotel at the base of the Dragon only to find Jim sitting at the bar with four drinks set up!

"Wow, Jim, how long you been here, and how did you talk your wife into letting you go?"

"Well, I've been here since last night. Yesterday evening, I was sitting in my living room chair and my wife came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes and asked, 'Guess who?' I pulled her hands off and there she was, wearing a nightie. She took my hand and pulled me into our bedroom. The room had candles and rose petals all over. Well, she's been reading '50 Shades of Grey'! On the bed she had handcuffs and ropes! She told me to tie her up and cuff her to the bed, so I did. And then she said, "Do whatever you want."

So --------- here I am!

Four guys have been going to the same Shelby trip to Tail of the Dragon for many years. Two days before the group is to leave, Jim's wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn't going.

Jim's mates are very upset that he can't go, but what can they do. Two days later the three get to the hotel at the base of the Dragon only to find Jim sitting at the bar with four drinks set up!

"Wow, Jim, how long you been here, and how did you talk your wife into letting you go?"

"Well, I've been here since last night. Yesterday evening, I was sitting in my living room chair and my wife came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes and asked, 'Guess who?' I pulled her hands off and there she was, wearing a nightie. She took my hand and pulled me into our bedroom. The room had candles and rose petals all over. Well, she's been reading '50 Shades of Grey'! On the bed she had handcuffs and ropes! She told me to tie her up and cuff her to the bed, so I did. And then she said, "Do whatever you want."

So --------- here I am!

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

I would try again. All rooms were refundable by 4pm of the same day with one exception and I cannot recall which hotel would prefer 24 hours but said it was not necessary.

I would try again. All rooms were refundable by 4pm of the same day with one exception and I cannot recall which hotel would prefer 24 hours but said it was not necessary.

Got it, all booked and ready! I should've known not to try that online - the trick was to just call!

All required 24-hour notice of cancellation, which makes me happy, along with the helpful young ladies at the desks in Franklin and Boone! (the gal in Boone wants to ride along - any takers sight unseen?)

Sam

Actually it is usually me. Scott will pull something funny like say he needs gas so we will pull into a gas station and as soon as I start filling he jumps in his car and speeds away................He is a tricky guy............

40 days until departure (Jim needs a lesson on how to properly count days or he's just REALLY excited to get going :yahoo: )

Appears Super 8 had a reduction in rates, therefore new rate is $60 + tax.

Don, Frank, and Steve have yet to inform me of rooms booked :whistling:

Actually it is usually me. Scott will pull something funny like say he needs gas so we will pull into a gas station and as soon as I start filling he jumps in his car and speeds away................He is a tricky guy............

That's cause you like to lolly gag when we stop (have 10 smokes, wipe down your car 5 times, then think about getting gas, after fill-up start routine all over again ....) :drop:

Edited by stngfever

Since the Nascar stuff will be wrapping up on Sunday (day before we venture to that area) we should be good.

Michigan is finally out of the deep freeze :yahoo: calling for 50's through this week with 61 on Friday :drool: Next we'll need a few good rains to wash the grime off the roads and it'll be time to :shift:

Added Rick from Michigan to the list as he'll be flying into Tampa on Friday to pick up his recently aquired 08SGT :happy feet: and joining us for the fun!

If Steve makes it we'll have 4SGT's, 4GT-500's and a Boss! :camera:

Edited by stngfever

Since the Nascar stuff will be wrapping up on Sunday (day before we venture to that area) we should be good.

Michigan is finally out of the deep freeze :yahoo: calling for 50's through this week with 61 on Friday :drool: Next we'll need a few good rains to wash the grime off the roads and it'll be time to :shift:

Was just making sure....