TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Shelby G T (Not The G T 350)

David Hawkins

You boys remember the last time oil was this low, 6 months before Terlingua in 2008......I was sitting in motel room in Van Horn Texas having a beer with some of our mutual friends the night before the event and George Bush addressed the nation. WE all no what happened after that. I am praying history does not repeat.

Reading the projections, oil prices will be low for about 18 months, before starting to climb....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I remember that well Michael. It was the reason I couldnt even scrounge up enough for a Terlingua I really wanted, and it was the bargain of the bunch. That was pretty hard on KR sales also. If this lasts 8 months, the damage will be done I believe. It certainly will be if its 18 months.

Not to be repetitive but what little info from Ford is available gives clear direction that this is a race car first and a street car only because in the FIA GTE class they have to produce a minimum of 300 cars and have 100 in the hands of mere mortals before they can race. We'll likely see some "bending" of the rules, since carbon fiber construction is disallowed. Ford has explicitly stated in multiple arenas that the new GT will be "much more exclusive" than the last. We who want one really bad expect that the first year's production will be fewer than 300 vehicles with 1200 over the life.

What little info is available from Ford (not through the grapevine) says the car will be priced in the class of their benchmark cars - Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S and Lamborghini Aventador. The range of prices for those cars optioned is 350Kish. Believe if you want to that the car will be priced "under" the Ford GT but the stuff that makes that thought process work is only available legally in Colorado and Washington. The carbon fiber tub is hand laid and thought to be in the $150K+ price range.

My name is on a list (that is worth the paper it isn't written on) with the owner of the largest Las Vegas dealer (and a bona fide car nut in his own right) but I expect that and $4.00 will get me a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Interior pics are about all I'm waiting for before I place an order.

too bad Highland Green wasn't available this body style would look real good in it as well as Gulfstream Aqua, Legend Lime, Black Jade, and Royal Maroon but all Ford gives us is Black, White, Red, blah blah blah

too bad Highland Green wasn't available this body style would look real good in it as well as Gulfstream Aqua, Legend Lime, Black Jade, and Royal Maroon but all Ford gives us is Black, White, Red, blah blah blah

I would love to see the 2015-16 in "Gotta Have it Green", "Grabber Green" and "Calypso Coral".

I would love to see the 2015-16 in "Gotta Have it Green", "Grabber Green" and "Calypso Coral".

The new Orange well that's close to Calypso Coral sort of but even though I'd take Green over any color I couldn't stand the Gotta Have it Green just way too out there and if you're spending $60k-$70k for a car you got to have some big coconuts to put that bright ass color on the car

The new Orange well that's close to Calypso Coral sort of but even though I'd take Green over any color I couldn't stand the Gotta Have it Green just way too out there and if you're spending $60k-$70k for a car you got to have some big coconuts to put that bright ass color on the car

Not my colour but to each his own.

The 2015 Comp Orange looks like it is a Dirty Orange to me.

Competition Orange is the same paint code as Calypso Coral

The new Competition Orange looks nothing like the 1970 version. Same with the 03-04 Competition Orange and 03-04 version is brighter than the 2015 version.

Calypso Coral Mustang1.png

Thanks Warren! We had Roush next to us at Barrett Jackson, and I had the chance to check out their cars. They have some nice mods, but they still insist on the fake plastic hood scoop, fake plastic side scoops (2 of them actually, one behind the doors and one glued on the quarter windows), plastic grille and plastic splitters. Their front fascia is nice though.

We have gone away from the Made in China pieces on purpose: some people will like it, some won't, but that's perfectly OK. The ones that will like what we have done, will actually love it and be happy with owning one of our cars. The others can go and buy their special Mustang from Roush, Saleen or Steeda if they prefer those designs better... As a consumer, I'm very happy to have choices...

AJ

Not to be a total ass but doesn't Shelby pretty much stick plastic scoops on the side and quarters and put a hood on with a fake scoop on the GT500?

I do agree that the SGT looks very clean in design and I appreciate that a lot. Hopefully that continues with Shelby design!

Not to be a total ass but doesn't Shelby pretty much stick plastic scoops on the side and quarters and put a hood on with a fake scoop on the GT500?

I do agree that the SGT looks very clean in design and I appreciate that a lot. Hopefully that continues with Shelby design!

The 2007 to 2014 GT 500's did NOT come with ANY Side Scoops and the Hood had functional Heat Extractor Scoops. You are thinking the Shelby GT. The Shelby GT-H had a special Hood with Heat Extractor Scoop.

Nothing fake on my 2012 GT350, or my 2011 CMC GT500 Cobra for that matter !

The 2007 to 2014 GT 500's did NOT come with ANY Side Scoops and the Hood had functional Heat Extractor Scoops. You are thinking the Shelby GT. The Shelby GT-H had a special Hood with Heat Extractor Scoop.

Actually I was alluding to the Super Snake. The 2007-2014 GT500s were produced by Ford in the SVT division and had some Shelby input into vision for the car. Then Shelby took the 662 hp beast and upped it to a max of 850 hp which is unbelieveable. In the process a few extra scoops were thrown into the mix.

I was driving a stock '13 GT500 over the weekend. That car was $74K new. Between '07 and '14 Ford has sold 48,000 or so GT500s. So, the notion of a 600+HP Mustang in the $70K+ range is not really that crazy... We wanted (and I think succeeded) in building a much better $75K car than the outgoing GT500. I will chose our new SGT over the above mentioned '13 GT500 all day long...

AJ

13-14 GT500 here in Canada were going for 63-64k so if that car was 74k someone got raked over the coals...like I said before the new less hp Shelby GT is going to be around

80+k here in Canada I don't care how the new SGT handles give me the GT500 any day for 15-20k less and way better looking IMO.

On the priceing I paid 51k MSRP here in Canada for my 07 GT500 new!!..I could have bought a new 13-14 GT500 for like I posted 63-64k new!!.. so that's only a 13-14k difference

in the 6-7 years not the 20+k you're talking about in two years.

The new Competition Orange looks nothing like the 1970 version. Same with the 03-04 Competition Orange and 03-04 version is brighter than the 2015 version.

The 2015 version of "Competition orange" is actually Calypso Coral - same paint code.

80+k here in Canada I don't care how the new SGT handles give me the GT500 any day for 15-20k less and way better looking IMO.

Somebody much smarter than I said once: "When it comes to world-views, they are neither right or wrong, they just are..." Once you have your "way better looking" GT500, send it to us so we can turn it into a nice SuperSnake :-)

AJ

Somebody much smarter than I said once: "When it comes to world-views, they are neither right or wrong, they just are..." Once you have your "way better looking" GT500, send it to us so we can turn it into a nice SuperSnake :-)

AJ

Well truth be told I was going to buy another GT500 and I waited for the new 15 to come out because I loved some of the concept pictures I saw and was anticipating even more

power than the 14 GT500 long story short BIG MISTAKE on my part...I could get a used one but with any performance car to get the options you want and mileage is not easy but

not counting it out yet either.

AJ

Ouch! He went there......

:drop:

Archived