TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Shelby G T (Not The G T 350)

David Hawkins

Right, but if you don't like that look they'll charge you $1000 to paint it.

If you think about it .................. You have to not only sand, prep and Paint the top of the Hood but also the Underside of it as well. I have done Body Work and I have written Repair Estimates while working at a Body Shop so, with that said, Sanding, Priming, Sanding again and Prepping the top of the Hood will be about 3 Hours at $130.00 an Hour = $390.00. Sanding, Priming, Sanding again and Prepping the Underside of the Hood will be about 3.5 Hours at $130.00 an Hour = $455.00. Then there is 1.5 to 2.0 Hours just to Paint both sides of the Hood depending on the Color (some are Tri-Coat Paint), so that is $195.00 to $260.00. Then there is the Cost of Paint & Materials which will be about $150.00 to $200.00 depending on the Paint. That puts it at $1190.00 to $1,305.00 depending on the Paint Color. This is what it will cost at a GOOD Body Shop here in Tallahassee and they charge $130.00 to $150.00 an Hour, since SAI will be doing many at one time, that will drive the cost down a little so $1,000.00 is not a bad deal. OH, and this does not include R&R the Hood, I am assuming it is already off the Car when it will be given to the Painter.

Edited by tesgt350

Shelby GT, Shelby GT350 or Shelby GT350R? Let the discussions begin....price vs. performance vs. HP.....etc. etc....

Shelby American vs. Ford SVT vs. Ford Racing...take your pick. To me, it gets confusing when the Shelby name is used interchangeably between the two companies due to the licensing thing.

Shelby American vs. Ford SVT vs. Ford Racing...take your pick. To me, it gets confusing when the Shelby name is used interchangeably between the two companies due to the licensing thing.

And a little more confusing this year as "SVT" and "Ford Racing" no longer sorta exist as it is now "Ford Performance"....

Well I can definitely say regardless of what the name is, Ford is making some awesome performance cars right now. I'm loving the new direction they are taking with a strong emphasis in road course racing.... Getting back to their roots.

ViperNC you are right and they seem to be getting out of drag racing. More money and RR for sportscar racing. Hope they have the Shelby GT350 on display @ the Rolex 24. I really like my 2015 GT. I think the metallic paint really shows off the wider body . I'll drive it for two years then pick up a Shelby GT 350 or Shelby GT or supercharge it.

Let's see $55k for a base GT 350 or $75k for a Shelby GT ?post-9597-0-28785200-1421513585_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-80326000-1421624816_thumb.jpg

Edited by mach 1 1970

The GT350R is pure unobtainium, the GT350 will be well into the $70k range by the time you add the dealer markup.

AJ

Well in two years if there is still a ADM I will not buy one. It's that simple. Never paid a ADM and never will. Not even on the Ford GT I owned. Waited 4 years on that one which was still on MSO (new car) from a bankrupt dealership. Had over 5k miles and paid $122k. Sold it later and made a good bit

When they first came out they had ADM's from $20k to $40k .

post-9597-0-90482800-1421505170_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-53114400-1421505868_thumb.jpg

Edited by mach 1 1970

FORD has not said how many GT350's they will build so if its 5,000 or less worldwide in the first year you bet your ass the dealers are going to jack them up and I say let them keep them. What they did with the 07 GT500's then the 08 KR's we the buyers just need to say no

FORD has not said how many GT350's they will build so if its 5,000 or less worldwide in the first year you bet your ass the dealers are going to jack them up and I say let them keep them. What they did with the 07 GT500's then the 08 KR's we the buyers just need to say no

I think most people have learned from `07 about adm &with the economy the way it has been , I think any dealer looking for ADM will have a surprise.

ViperNC you are right and they seem to be getting out of drag racing. More money and RR for sportscar racing. Hope they have the Shelby GT350 on display @ the Rolex 24. I really like my 2015 GT. I'll drive it for two years then pick up a Shelby GT 350 or Shelby GT or supercharge it.

Let's see $55k for a base GT 350 or $75k for a Shelby GT ?

Wow!! Beautiful new car, Mach1!

I like the new Shelby GT but it is pricey. I guess because it comes supercharged. The original Shelby GT was much cheaper.

Wow!! Beautiful new car, Mach1!

I like the new Shelby GT but it is pricey. I guess because it comes supercharged. The original Shelby GT was much cheaper.

Thanks. Yeah the Shelby GT was like $34k back in 2007 I think.

Well I can definitely say regardless of what the name is, Ford is making some awesome performance cars right now. I'm loving the new direction they are taking with a strong emphasis in road course racing.... Getting back to their roots.

:thumbsup:

And a little more confusing this year as "SVT" and "Ford Racing" no longer sorta exist as it is now "Ford Performance"....

Learn something new every day...However, same issue still exists with the use of the Shelby name IMO...

Canton ga just 25 miles north of Atlanta.

I lived in Roswell and then Buckhead back in the late 80's/early 90's and now just outside of Charlotte. Have a good friend who lives at Lake Lanier. We need to organize a group of guys to get together for some fun in the North Georgia and NC mountains. I had a mid week run last fall between Jasper and Highlands which included every twisty road I could think of. 4 hours of high performance bliss and never saw one patrol officer. I'd also be interested in a track day at AMP.

It's no big deal to change but getting sick of black wheels on the 2015 mustang. I like this Shelby way more then the 2011 GT 350 version they did. Nice job IMO. I like the wheels in the MT article.

I hate the black wheels on any car period.....