TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ron Pratte Collection Goes Across The Block Today

shelbymotorsports

The Pratte collection goes across the block today. Starting this afternoon all the Pratte cars will consecutively go up for sale until the close of the day.

Discovery and Velocity will air the auction starting at 4:00pm PST until 9:00pm but I suspect the auction will continue past 9:00pm so you may have to watch the ending on Barrett-Jackson.com

Steve

If the first two hours are any indication, Ron has nothing to worry about, and the collector car community is going to be very happy. The early "small" stuff is getting huge prices.

You got that right.

Well consider yourself lucky as I'm getting nowhere on their site. Current message after minutes of trying to load, "the service is unavailable".

Just glad I'm not trying to bid over the internet.

It's on Discovery.................

The Pratte collection goes across the block today. Starting this afternoon all the Pratte cars will consecutively go up for sale until the close of the day.

Discovery and Velocity will air the auction starting at 4:00pm PST until 9:00pm but I suspect the auction will continue past 9:00pm so you may have to watch the ending on Barrett-Jackson.com

Steve

I thought the GT-Hs were going to cross the block on Saturday? Crap, did I get this wrong?

QSS

Not part of the Pratte collection, but someone got a smoking deal. . .

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2002-JIMGLOW-CUSTOM-TRAILER-CUSTOM-UTILITY-TRAILER-181806

That's not quite the whole story there. That's just how much value they split to the trailer. It was sold in combination with the 1934 Custom Ford Truck for $69,300. They just split $1K out to put as a value on the trailer. The combo sold for $70,400.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1934-FORD-CUSTOM-PICKUP-181166

Craig Jackson stated at the end of the show that they have already sold over $4.9 million just in automobilia from Ron's garage. Ron always bought the best of the best, and paid all of the money, but I'm guessing that he is making all of his money back + on this sale. I'm just shocked at how much money was spent on his cars today, on a Tuesday. I wonder what Saturday is going to be like? Wow.

Craig Jackson stated at the end of the show that they have already sold over $4.9 million just in automobilia from Ron's garage. Ron always bought the best of the best, and paid all of the money, but I'm guessing that he is making all of his money back + on this sale. I'm just shocked at how much money was spent on his cars today, on a Tuesday. I wonder what Saturday is going to be like? Wow.

Yes, caught the part where he said it may be a world record by the time its over - (paraphrasing).

What would you do if you had the Cars that Boyd Coddington started but did not finish due to his death? Would you leave them the way they are? Personally, I think I would get Chip Foose and Charley to finish them since they trained under Coddington.

What would you do if you had the Cars that Boyd Coddington started but did not finish due to his death? Would you leave them the way they are? Personally, I think I would get Chip Foose and Charley to finish them since they trained under Coddington.

That is a perfect idea. I'm sure that the Discovery networks could make quite a show out of that as a tribute to Boyd.

Edited by JeffJ

I am amazed at the high prices for resto-mods and made up cars in his collection. There was a '64 Galaxie 500XL that was originally an X code 352 CI, that he stuck a 427 in with 2 4s and a teardrop hood and it sold for almost $150K that a real R code would have brought, ridiculous. And that resto-modded '57 Corvette was about the same price, crazy money.

I am amazed at the high prices for resto-mods and made up cars in his collection. There was a '64 Galaxie 500XL that was originally an X code 352 CI, that he stuck a 427 in with 2 4s and a teardrop hood and it sold for almost $150K that a real R code would have brought, ridiculous. And that resto-modded '57 Corvette was about the same price, crazy money.

Agreed, when I saw the Galaxie sale I thought I was dreaming. I have seen functional lightweight clones at Goodguys for sale in the 30's and 40's.

150K for that car was ludicrous.

Not part of the Pratte collection, but someone got a smoking deal. . .

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2002-JIMGLOW-CUSTOM-TRAILER-CUSTOM-UTILITY-TRAILER-181806

Well not necessarily since you would have also had to spend $69,300 on lot 244 as this trailer was sold as a pair. Sol the trailer buyer actually paid $70,400 for the two lots.

Steve

Ooops..... just saw that Jeff already covered this.

Edited by shelbymotorsports

What about the $275K (with commission) for the Beverly Hillbillies truck? And then $374K for that 40 Ford Pickup that was started by Boyd, but then finished by a shop in Phoenix for Ron. Crazy.

That BH truck bid was just crazy. Does the buyer not realize that this is not the TV show truck but one of several clones built for a panned movie. If this was for charity that would be one thing but it wasn't so it makes no sense to me.

Steve