TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American At Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2015

CaitlinC

Will you be at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale this week?

Shelby American will be there and we will be making a major announcement this Friday at 1pm MST!

If you'll be there, come check us out at the Ford Booth. If you can't make it but would like to see what we have going on, be sure to check our YouTube channel, Shelby Media (http://bit.ly/ShelbyMedia), at or around 1pm MST and you'll be in for a real treat!

Also, if you'll be around tomorrow, come check us out in our booth tomorrow morning, 11am MST, to catch the official unveil of our 50th Anniversary 427 Shelby Cobra!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carroll’s favorite car was always the next one. This is the next one.

http://youtu.be/Kk8OW6kDjhk

And don't forget to watch for our announcement from Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale, tomorrow, January 16, 2015 at 1pm MST (12pm PST). We will be live streaming the event from our YouTube channel, Shelby Media (http://bit.ly/ShelbyMedia), so don’t miss out!

I'll be there in the front row tomorrow and after talking with Patterson today, I can't wait to see the latest creation from the world of Shelby.

Don't for get that you should Stretch every so often, raise your arms real high to get the Blood flowing and the Pulse racing.............. :happy feet:

I've said this already about the new Shelby GT and hope SAI will listen that this car needs to be more than just Badges! The new GT350 is nothing like ever produced on a Mustang before so if SAI wants to steal some sales then the new Shelby GT needs to have some kick ass options or standard features. If I want a new Shelby then this is the car I have to look at since FORD is NOT in the real world by not offering the new GT350 with an Automatic like every single high-end sports car. I have no choice I cannot drive a Manual car so yea I am very pissed off at FORD I mean they talk about the Mustang being a world car but the GT350 with an out of date Manual instead of a clutchless Automatic like Ferrari, Porsche, Jaguar, even GM, is not a world car so I get left out again and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want the GT350 with an Automatic. The Shelby GT may be a very good car but its not getting the special suspension or 5.2 engine or the body work, hence why I'm saying something other than 'badges'

I've said this already about the new Shelby GT and hope SAI will listen that this car needs to be more than just Badges! The new GT350 is nothing like ever produced on a Mustang before so if SAI wants to steal some sales then the new Shelby GT needs to have some kick ass options or standard features. If I want a new Shelby then this is the car I have to look at since FORD is NOT in the real world by not offering the new GT350 with an Automatic like every single high-end sports car. I have no choice I cannot drive a Manual car so yea I am very pissed off at FORD I mean they talk about the Mustang being a world car but the GT350 with an out of date Manual instead of a clutchless Automatic like Ferrari, Porsche, Jaguar, even GM, is not a world car so I get left out again and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want the GT350 with an Automatic. The Shelby GT may be a very good car but its not getting the special suspension or 5.2 engine or the body work, hence why I'm saying something other than 'badges'

it's a fine line, really. the intent of this car is to be a raw, track, performance vehicle and honor the tradition set forth by the original 60's car. adding an automatic transmission results in at least 3 undesirable characteristics:

1. increased price

2. diluted performance image

3. break with heritage

i'm glad the GT500 was never offered in an automatic. to me that makes it a more purposeful machine. of course, if you physically cannot drive a manual car, i can understand the frustration you might feel.

The GT350R is also not available in auto. I actually agree with 39 here. I have a 2015 auto 5.0 and its freakin awesome. I wasnt sure Id like not having the manual, but I do. It makes me not loathe traffic and stop and go hill incline etc.

The Ford GT will have an auto...

The GT350R is also not available in auto. I actually agree with 39 here. I have a 2015 auto 5.0 and its freakin awesome. I wasnt sure Id like not having the manual, but I do. It makes me not loathe traffic and stop and go hill incline etc.

The Ford GT will have an auto...

The Ford GT will ONLY have an auto.

From an interview with Jamal:

A: You’ve stated in the past that you’re committed to manual transmissions. Talk to me about the decision to go with a dual-clutch on the new Ford GT.

H: I think going forward, we do like manuals. We felt that in the name of efficiency and performance, there is no question the dual-clutch is more efficient and faster shifting. When you’re pushing the envelope so much, you can’t leave milliseconds on the table on every shift -- every upshift and every downshift. That’s lap time you can’t leave on the table. You have to take advantage of that.

I just ordered an Alfa 4C. They come ONLY with twin disc clutch automatics and paddles. Can't wait to feel the sensation of such myself....,and this coming from a guy that HATES automagics!

If it is the Car I am thinking of, those are cool looking with a slight Retro Look to them.

Archived