TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lighted Door Sill Plates?

CSX4833

I'm confused (which can be easy at times). Shelby Parts has lighted door sill plates for the 2007-2014 model years including the SS's. However, my door plates do not light. How are these going to work? The installation link comes up as a bad link.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks. Hope everybody is having a good new year.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

You basically have to wire them out of the a-pillar, all neccessary parts should be included in the Shelby set. Here is a great instruction:

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/575962-lighted-door-sills-long-and-informative-install-with-pics.html

I installed mine with this instruction some weeks ago and it took me roughly one hour. In my opinion, the result looks great:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/86881-what-a-day-off-is-good-for-shelby-lighted-door-sill-plates/

Regards,

Florian

Florian:

Those do look really sharp. Gotta get some of them. Thanks for the pic and the instructions. Something for me to do while the car sits in my garage waiting for spring.

Thanks again.

Kevin

• 1 month later...

I just did mine as well and it took less than an hour. The plug was right there under the sill plate that Shelby installed during the Super Snake build. Easy Peasy!!

I'm thinking about getting these shelby gt500 sill plates, but I am unsure how involved the installation would be on a 2012 gt500. The roush sill plates look very simple and easy to install with no headaches of taking off the A-pillar trim and running wires, and they work with fords ambient lighting, just plug and play...that's a win-win IMO. Maybe SA should update and simplify the design of they're sill plates to match more of the technical ease of installation of the roush's units.

Archived