TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help- New Clutch Chirp Sounds.

HGT500H

Happy new year! Everyone. I have a question regarding the clutch noise and I can't seem to find a proper answer

for this problem so I am asking you guys here. About 3 months ago, I installed Mcleod RXT with a new slave

cylinder and pilot baering. Now, it started to make chirp noise when I release the clutch at only 1st gear during

the stop-and-go. The chirp noise is pronounced louder if I release the clutch slowly when I go such at stop signs.

The noise is pronouced more often and louder during the back up. It sounds like metal squeaking noise with high pitch.

I feel like it's de-lubricated slave cylinder or pilot baering or something like that. What do you think about it?

Could that be clutch install failure? Do you guys have any similar problem? This noise really drive me a nut because

it's my 6th clutch and I am facing another problem in the clutch. If anyone can give some ideas,

it would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Best,
Jason C

P.s: Here is the link for the video for the noise. You can hear the noise at 1 sec and 6 sec of the video. Thanks.

http://youtu.be/reeT6597rQc

Edited by HGT500H

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed something similar in my car recently. I am pretty sure the squeak is coming from the pedal box area. I've yet to get down there and grease stuff to try and fix it.

Hi. Mavisky. Thanks for the reply. It is really horrible sound and I hate it. I was doubting somewhere at driveshaft or pedal box area but not sure yet. I do more like not think it's from inside of transmission but I am not sure. Please keep me update if anything found. I will update you as well if I find something. Thanks.

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Mavisky. Thanks for the reply. It is really horrible sound and I hate it. I was doubting somewhere at driveshaft or pedal box area but not sure yet. I do more like not think it's from inside of transmission but I am not sure. Please keep me update if anything found. I will update you as well if I find something. Thanks.

Jason

Does it make the noise if the car is in neutral while you depress the clutch in and out? The video was pretty short and it wasn't clear to me If the car was moving. If it does it in neutral it is possibly where the clutch pedal is hinged.

Does it make the noise if the car is in neutral while you depress the clutch in and out? The video was pretty short and it wasn't clear to me If the car was moving. If it does it in neutral it is possibly where the clutch pedal is hinged.

Hi. I guess it's not from any pedal issue. The noise is definitely coming from somewhere below the transmission area. and it gets more frequent and louder than when I first post this. To describe exactly how it is, let me quote from other guy's word at the other forum.

"2007 GT500...When disengaging clutch there is a rapid rubbing noise that almost sounds like tire rub. It generally occurs when clutching while slowly moving such as slowly backing down the drivway or slowly moving forward when you are kind of slipping the clutch. It's hard to duplicate everytime but it seems to be getting louder when it does happen."

This would be the exact description of the symptom. Thanks.

Jason

The video was pretty short and it wasn't clear to me If the car was moving.

Here we go Shelby3. I got the dirty as **** noise on the vid well at this time. It's the most ugly sound I have ever heard of in my life!!!!. :(

Sounds like as if I am runing over a dophine and he is screaming. (It's quite loud and gets louder over the time slowly)

Please guys! Help me. It should be now easy to adress what the problem it. Here is the link.

I have replaced to ford racing pilot baring, ford CSC, Mcloud RXT lightened flywheel, RP trasmission fluid from the stock setup. What's wrong with my clutch...

Or could it be a driveshaft related? Thanks

Jason