TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help! With 07 Shelby Gt Lower Radiator Deflector Pics Included

swahler1

Hey Guys,

I really need help from all you 2007 Shelby GT owners. My 2007 SGT lost it's lower radiator cover and the replacement I bought from ford does not fit.

The part I got from Ford was (as highlighted below)

5R3Z-17626-BA

I was told by Ford, Shelby automotive and Ford Racing that this is the only part found below the radiator as a cover.

SO the problem is that the length from front to back It is about 2 inches too short.

Can someone who owns an 07 Shelby GT take a look under their front bumper and check to see if I am missing anything??

I have a feeling that when the old cover was torn off it took 4 two inch plastic clips or extensions that connect the bumper to the cover.

You can see it hanging here, the three screws are attached on the back behind the radiator, but the cover does not stretch far enough to reach the front 4 pin holes

I am the second owner, and bought it from Ford in 2010, and too my knowledge this is the factory Mustang Shelby GT / GTCS bumper from FORD, in case anyone was wondering

YOUR HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!! :)

Please help me out with pics or a part number for what I am missing!

post-36180-0-02752100-1420836808_thumb.jpg

post-36180-0-23017000-1420836833_thumb.jpg

post-36180-0-83427300-1420836833_thumb.jpg

post-36180-0-19109700-1420836834_thumb.jpg

post-36180-0-67974800-1420836834_thumb.jpg

There are two pieces on the GT/CS front facia there. I know it has been discussed, but will have to do some digging on the other part number you need. Make sure you are referencing the GT/CS specs when looking at the part list. One piece is the same as on the standard GT, but there is a second for the GT/CS front. Yep, you're missing a filler panel there.

Edited by JeffJ

I looked under my car and there is another piece between the front spoiler and the lower deflector. That piece is about 3 inches in depth and connects the lower deflector to the GT/CS spoiler. Can't see a part number.

Don

07SGT0907

You also need this filler panel 7R3Z-17C947-AA. This is part of the front bumper catalogue, where the other is in the radiator, so probably why they missed it.

This is a really big help!

So i''m guessing that the Shelby GT uses the same bumper as the GT/CS and in this case I am missing this piece

That's all I should need to connect the two right?

ON a side note there, is also a gap or space missing between the front passenger and driver tires and the bumper, was there originally suppose to be a cover over through that?

Thanks again for the help, I can't thank you enough.

Ford and Shelby Automotive thought I was crazy when I told them about there needing to be something there!

This is a really big help!

So i''m guessing that the Shelby GT uses the same bumper as the GT/CS and in this case I am missing this piece

That's all I should need to connect the two right?

ON a side note there, is also a gap or space missing between the front passenger and driver tires and the bumper, was there originally suppose to be a cover over through that?

Thanks again for the help, I can't thank you enough.

Ford and Shelby Automotive thought I was crazy when I told them about there needing to be something there!

The part you are missing should solve all those questions. The piece going all the way from side to side at the bottom of the picture below is the part you are missing that will fill the gaps you describe. You should be able to get this part around $70.

lrs-20049a_2064.jpg

Edited by JeffJ