TEAM SHELBY FORUM

06H001

I noticed the lower grill yesterday when I was taking some pictures. The fog lights and brake ducts are one of the differences I like best on the 2007 (the drop top is not bad either) compared to the 2006. As noted above 07H001 has more in common with an SGT than it does GT-H. This is especially surprising considering that some of the differences like the gas cap and the spoiler should have been carry over items from the 2006. I also noticed the black background on the emblems on 06H001. I like the look, makes the Hertz really stand out. I wish they would have stuck with that for all the Hertz emblems. For the record and whatever it is worth, the calipers on both 06H001 and 07H001 are silver.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It also didn't have the rear spoiler and it had a GT emblem on the simulated gas cap on the trunk instead of the Mustang running horse.

It's interesting looking at the window stickers for the 07GTH cars to see that they have the Upfitters package listed which included "Rear Spoiler Delete"

Also interesting to see that 07H001 last digits of vin are 8460 and 08SGT0001P is 8461, both configured nearly identical with the exception of 08SGT0001P having Manual and Shaker 1000.

I'm wondering if 07H001 was also the prototype/concept where-as it was decided to make the noted changes to the remaining production units?

Did the cars come from Ford with the spoilers added even though the window stickers state "Spoiler Delete" or did Shelby add them?

It's interesting looking at the window stickers for the 07GTH cars to see that they have the Upfitters package listed which included "Rear Spoiler Delete"

Also interesting to see that 07H001 last digits of vin are 8460 and 08SGT0001P is 8461, both configured nearly identical with the exception of 08SGT0001P having Manual and Shaker 1000.

I'm wondering if 07H001 was also the prototype/concept where-as it was decided to make the noted changes to the remaining production units?

Did the cars come from Ford with the spoilers added even though the window stickers state "Spoiler Delete" or did Shelby add them?

Oh boy - now you are on to something. What makes you think the 001 "tagged" cars were built first??? Based on your evidence they were likely built last.

Oh boy - now you are on to something. What makes you think the 001 "tagged" cars were built first??? Based on your evidence they were likely built last.

These two cars came out of ford in early March, nearly a month before the others.

Something that we may be overlooking here is that the base car for 07H001 was probably NOT purchased by Hertz but rather was more likely purchased by SAI. 07H001 was a Charity auction car to benefit the CSCF & JDRF foundations so unless Hertz was being generous this car would not have been part of the cars that Hertz purchased from Ford and had dropped shipped to SAI for conversion.

So if SAI ordered the base car for 07H001 directly from Ford with no Hertz involvement then that could explain how this car was ordered more as a Shelby GT base car compared to the cars that Hertz was having dropped shipped to SAI.

One other item to note. When Ron Pratte purchased 07H001 the auction sale included a Shelby GTH guitar and the shirt off of Mark Fields back, where are these items now?

Steve

Well so much for the folks that thought the gold GTH rings were the rarest GTH memorabilia, a one of one guitar trumps at least six rings being produced.

Steve

They've sold about 1,000 of his non car items Saturday - Tuesday at Barrett, I wonder if this was one of them?

I love how years later this set of topics is still one of the hottest around .... long live the black and gold !!!!

Larry, thought the same thing. I still believe the 2006 GT-H program had a profound impact on SAI and it's success as did the program in 1966 and will some day be recognized for that regardless of the lack in HP compared to some of the other second generation cars that have followed. All that said, neat to re-read some of the old threads.

Larry, thought the same thing. I still believe the 2006 GT-H program had a profound impact on SAI and it's success as did the program in 1966 and will some day be recognized for that regardless of the lack in HP compared to some of the other second generation cars that have followed. All that said, neat to re-read some of the old threads.

I certainly believe that without the 66 GT350H contract, the Shelby Mustang program would not have survived past 1966. SAI was bankrupt when they rebooted the Shelby Mustang and for the second time in history, the Hertz Shelby bankroll saved the day and made all the other Shelby Mustangs after it a possibility before they were dead in the water. Are these cars significant? Um....YES!!!

Can someone confirm when 06H0001 goes on the block?

Really hard to tell by looking at today's docket order. However, it's just a few cars after the Blastoline, so I'm guessing that it will be prime time tonight.

Really hard to tell by looking at today's docket order. However, it's just a few cars after the Blastoline, so I'm guessing that it will be prime time tonight.

Ya, could not tell. Someone said 4:00 pm but that cannot be confirmed. I think that's when it starts on TV.

Like I said before I have a low mileage executive GT H and I have been around this GT H since new and the calipers came black on this GT H. Same here do not want to start an argument...

Here is the picture of my rear caliper. The front one is black also. If you look close you can see Ford stamped in the caliper.20150117_144140.jpg

Here is the picture of my rear caliper. The front one is black also. If you look close you can see Ford stamped in the caliper.attachicon.gif20150117_144140.jpg

That is a perfect picture. Three different pieces in that picture which would be three different colors from the factory, caliper, bracket, and pad clips. Very clearly spray painted in that picture. you can see where the spray is on the front and top, but does not curve under to the bottom of the bracket that is cast. We may never know who spray painted those pieces.

That is what I thought as well, 200kish. Brakes were not painted & never in rental fleet. That may be the common denominator. The mystery or saga continues.

I think on this car a lot of things are different than the production car.

Archived