TEAM SHELBY FORUM

06H001

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you see that it sold?

QSS

Watching live on TV, but the list should be updated now to that one. You now have to register at Barrett-Jackson.com to see the sales price list when you click on the docket. It only takes a minute to register. I guess they want marketing info.

Harald,

Yes, this car 07001, was an auto. 06001 has a number that places it on Saturday's auction.

I just had a look at the BJ site and yes indeed it went for $181,500 including commissions. I guess I can kiss 06 #001 goodbye. I thought if it went for $110,00 to $125,00 I'd be in the running. Jeeze, I was wayyyy off. Oh well, at least I get to save $100 for the phone bidders card I was set to get.

Maybe a Ford GT. :cool:

QSS

Watching live on TV, but the list should be updated now to that one. You now have to register at Barrett-Jackson.com to see the sales price list when you click on the docket. It only takes a minute to register. I guess they want marketing info.

Harald,

Yes, this car 07001, was an auto. 06001 has a number that places it on Saturday's auction.

Thanks Jeff. Quicksilver, do not think you can get a FGT for $125. You need to get the book end for the 2007 :).

Thanks Jeff. Quicksilver, do not think you can get a FGT for $125. You need to get the book end for the 2007 :).

Hey Harald, in no way was I thinking $125k for a Ford GT but if you're gonna look at spending $200k+ you might as well look at an 05-06 FGT. You never know, the new one might be in that price range.

QSS

Hey Harald, in no way was I thinking $125k for a Ford GT but if you're gonna look at spending $200k+ you might as well look at an 05-06 FGT. You never know, the new one might be in that price range.

QSS

Got it :). I agree. Not sure about the new one though. That said, it sure looks bad &*ss.

The 2007 was selling at no reserve as is the vast majority of the Pratte collection. The 2006 is one of the very few in the collection that has a reserve (according to the BJ website) so it may not sell at all. I drove over and back yesterday from Las Vegas just to see some of these very special Shelbys in person that may be locked away for ever after this week. I didn't want to regret not seeing them while I had the chance. Could not believe the number of people that were there on a Tuesday. Well worth the trip.

The 2007 was selling at no reserve as is the vast majority of the Pratte collection. The 2006 is one of the very few in the collection that has a reserve (according to the BJ website) so it may not sell at all. I drove over and back yesterday from Las Vegas just to see some of these very special Shelbys in person that may be locked away for ever after this week. I didn't want to regret not seeing them while I had the chance. Could not believe the number of people that were there on a Tuesday. Well worth the trip.

Nice! Take any pictures

Well the #001 07 Vert just sold for $165,000. So that's pretty amazing I think.

While that certainly is a respectable price but after re-watching the auction coverage this GTH clearly stalled out at $80k and if if was you or me selling the car, the hammer would have fallen at that price. But since this is the B-J "show" and its who you know, that the car was keep on the block so that Davis could manipulate the bids as only the B-J folks can.

I highly doubt this car would have brought $165k on eBay or AutoTrader. I'm in no way putting the car down and would love to own it myself, I'm just commenting on how B-J can manipulate selling prices.

Steve

While that certainly is a respectable price but after re-watching the auction coverage this GTH clearly stalled out at $80k and if if was you or me selling the car, the hammer would have fallen at that price. But since this is the B-J "show" and its who you know, that the car was keep on the block so that Davis could manipulate the bids as only the B-J folks can.

I highly doubt this car would have brought $165k on eBay or AutoTrader. I'm in no way putting the car down and would love to own it myself, I'm just commenting on how B-J can manipulate selling prices.

Steve

I saw the stall too, and they just kept it going. You're right, if anyone else's car it would have stopped there.

Anyone notice that 07H001 was missing the fog lights/brake ducts?

And again another low mile GTH with silver brake calipers, but hopefully that debate has been settled.

Steve

It also didn't have the rear spoiler and it had a GT emblem on the simulated gas cap on the trunk instead of the Mustang running horse.

So - missing the foglight and brake ducts, rear spoiler and wrong trunk emblem. How does that solve the black brake or silver brake caliper question? That car had more wrong with it than right to effectively call that the measurement by which all others should be judged.

With all respect Steve and no desire to start an argument. I am not convinced about the brake calipers.

It also didn't have the rear spoiler and it had a GT emblem on the simulated gas cap on the trunk instead of the Mustang running horse.

So - missing the foglight and brake ducts, rear spoiler and wrong trunk emblem. How does that solve the black brake or silver brake caliper question? That car had more wrong with it than right to effectively call that the measurement by which all others should be judged.

With all respect Steve and no desire to start an argument. I am not convinced about the brake calipers.

I thought the brake calipers were only painted on the '06?

I thought the brake calipers were only painted on the '06?

The controversy is, did SAI paint the brake calipers black? The answer is no they did not.

Now that doesn't mean your GTH can't have black brake calipers but if so they came that way from Ford's supplier or were replaced during rental service.

I've inspected a GTH with black brake calipers and although most of the black paint had flaked off there was a portion of black paint that had either a part number or inspection number silkscreened on top of the black paint. There is no way that SAI is going to paint a brake caliper black and then duplicate silkscreened numbers on top of the fresh black paint. This is in addition to that I don't recall SAI painting the calipers and that every employee I've asked says no to the painting of them.

This controversy all stems back to an early press release or magazine article that said the calipers were being painted black but in production that didn't happen. Same with the prototype Hertz emblems, they had a black background that was eliminated when the cars went into production.

Steve

The controversy is, did SAI paint the brake calipers black? The answer is no they did not.

Now that doesn't mean your GTH can't have black brake calipers but if so they came that way from Ford's supplier or were replaced during rental service.

I've inspected a GTH with black brake calipers and although most of the black paint had flaked off there was a portion of black paint that had either a part number or inspection number silkscreened on top of the black paint. There is no way that SAI is going to paint a brake caliper black and then duplicate silkscreened numbers on top of the fresh black paint. This is in addition to that I don't recall SAI painting the calipers and that every employee I've asked says no to the painting of them.

This controversy all stems back to an early press release or magazine article that said the calipers were being painted black but in production that didn't happen. Same with the prototype Hertz emblems, they had a black background that was eliminated when the cars went into production.

Steve,

So you're saying that every single 2006 GT-H that I've ever looked at which also had black painted calipers, was done by some Hertz location? Including the one I rented as I watched it come off of the truck from Vegas to the Denver Airport? 06#100. So if this is the case, you're saying then that Ford shipped it to SAI this way?

This car had 12 miles on it when I picked it up from DIA. Came off the trailer, they stuck a temp tag in the rear window and I was off to the Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up in 2006.

Shelby_021.jpg

Jeff

Steve,

So you're saying that every single 2006 GT-H that I've ever looked at which also had black painted calipers, was done by some Hertz location? Including the one I rented as I watched it come off of the truck from Vegas to the Denver Airport? 06#100. So if this is the case, you're saying then that Ford shipped it to SAI this way?

Jeff

Yes I'm saying that if the car has black colored calipers that either the car arrived from Ford that way or that the calipers were changed during rental service. When I say being changed in rental service I'm not saying that Hertz changed the calipers because of the color but am saying that perhaps the service replacement calipers were black.

I've been told from Hertz that the number one service issue they had was brakes. Makes sense when you consider how many renters power-braked these cars to death and how many renters took the car up to speed and them back down.

Steve

Steve

Steve, AJ stated in a post some time ago that the black calipers were a last minute request of HERTZ. With that, he did not mention anything as to who painted if any. I have also heard that some early cars were done and then discontinued. That may have just been a rumor and most likely is based on you and AJ's information. All that said, I love the mist eke of these cars. You are correct about the press release because there was one where it mentioned that each owner would get a autographed picture that never happened. More history :)

Yep, that would be very different from what Amy told me at dinner in Terlingua in 2008. I guess we'll just never know who painted the calipers. I just went through my old pictures from the RMMR in 2006 where we had 6 cars fresh from delivery at DIA as rental cars. All of them clearly have black calipers. Quite the mystery. Going through all of the magazines I have (including the GTH Book), any place you can see the calipers, they are black, front and rear. Only picture I can find in stock finish of silver, is on a lift where a car has not been striped yet, Mustang Monthly August 2006 page 33. The world may never know how they became black.

Archived