TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bit the bullet and ordered a 2008 today!!

Joker45

Well guys, alot of you know how hard I've been looking and for how long I've been waiting to get one. Today I ordered a '08 GT500 exactly how I wanted it. Already put my deposit down and I'm locked in.

I ordered a Red/White stripe coupe

Crimson interior

Interior upgrade

HID headlights

Ambient lighting

They asked for a $1,000 deposit and I thought that was very reasonable. I expected more like $10,000. Great people to work with and will keep me informed throught the build process. Once I get a VIN I'll be in though with all of the great guys on this site that are able to get information on where it is in the process.

I think I'm kind of in disbelief though as it's been almost 2 years that I've been trying to get this. Now it's just a sit and wait game.

Special thanks to HotLap for hooking me up with the dealership. Even though they are only about an hour and a half away from my house, I overlooked them in my calls.

I paid 5 grand over. That's the best price I could find and it was no haggle. I called them up and within 15 minutes had my car ordered and took my deposit. they said they would keep me informed on every stage of the process and give me the dora etc.

The old dealership that I had been trying to get a car from for almost 2 years would not give me a price and would not even match the 5 grand over.

I know I swore I would not pay over MSRP for this car. But I fell victim of having cash in hand and not being able to find a better deal in California.

The way I see it, I already saved myself at least 10 grand over what they are still charging in the area. Some places are still trying to get 20+ in my area and wouldn't even talk about selling an '08 for less then 15 over.

I may get stoned for saying this but I think most here who are waiting for msrp will end up paying something over if they want a car. I just have a hard time seeing a dealer sell at msrp when used cars are bringing low 50's. How much over is up to the buyer and up to how bad he/she wants the car. My personal thinking is I would kick in a bit more for a color I wanted. If you are stricly looking for a good price, color may not be open to discussion.

5k over in Cal. is pretty good from what I can tell. Even better that you get to order color and options for your 5k instead of taking what they have on the floor.

That's kind of how I saw it. 5 grand I can live with. I'm not really happy about it but I could not find a better deal then what I had offered to me. I couldn't justify any more then 5 grand and was very happy with how I was treated on the phone. No BS just a straight price. I got it exactly how I wanted it and so far I can't complain.

Congrats Joker45! Glad that everything worked out well for you!

I think 5K over is a pretty good deal for a car built to your specs. Around here, even used ones bring around 10-15K over MSRP.

I'm sure that when the car will sit in your garage, 5K ADM will be the last thing in your mind! By the way, I agree that the ebony stripes will set the car apart form the '07s. Good choice!

Congratulations Joker! A $5K admin was the best I could get also, and I worked with at least 10 dealers in a 100 mile radius. Some are still asking $20K over sticker even today. A few other dealers went the highest bidder/silent auction approach. The second best deal I came across was $6800 admin on my choice of two cars that were preordered by the dealer (his choice of color and options).

Now that you have placed your order, relax, set back, and let the waiting begin.

ps - speaking of your avatar, I didn't even notice you had written anything until your third post!

Congrats Joker45! Glad that everything worked out well for you!

I think 5K over is a pretty good deal for a car built to your specs. Around here, even used ones bring around 10-15K over MSRP.

I'm sure that when the car will sit in your garage, 5K ADM will be the last thing in your mind! By the way, I agree that the ebony stripes will set the car apart form the '07s. Good choice!

Thanks, I'm sure that once it's in my garage I won't care at all about the ADM. I'm happy so far with the deal and I think that's what matters.

Congratulations Joker! A $5K admin was the best I could get also, and I worked with at least 10 dealers in a 100 mile radius. Some are still asking $20K over sticker even today. A few other dealers went the highest bidder/silent auction approach. The second best deal I came across was $6800 admin on my choice of two cars that were preordered by the dealer (his choice of color and options).

Now that you have placed your order, relax, set back, and let the waiting begin.

ps - speaking of your avatar, I didn't even notice you had written anything until your third post!

Thanks Z-man. This was the best deal I could get in about a 1500 mile radius. Even talked to a dealer in New Jersey.. LOL

Congrats Joker. I have had a similar long wait. I started thread that states that I too ordered my car today. Woo hoo!

Congrates 5.4. I now know how all the guys that waited for the '07's felt :P

Thanks Z-man. This was the best deal I could get in about a 1500 mile radius. Even talked to a dealer in New Jersey.. LOL

Well I changed my mind and ordered with the Ebony stripes on it. I like to looks of the black better then the white and will look different then the '07's.

i also got to finally order mine to went with same color as you did. i was sixth on there list and they only recivied 4 last year. and this dealer only sells their cars at msrp that why i waited so long. now it is just a waiting game to be done and then shiped to shelby for the ss package. hope you have with your car. i cant wiat it will be a blast

i also got to finally order mine to went with same color as you did. i was sixth on there list and they only recivied 4 last year. and this dealer only sells their cars at msrp that why i waited so long. now it is just a waiting game to be done and then shiped to shelby for the ss package. hope you have with your car. i cant wiat it will be a blast

Sounds like you got a great deal! I'm still in the running for the SS package too..

congs. on gt 500 not bad deal at all. THE ss package i will have to pass for now wife does not what to talk abot 30000.00 more she said be happy with gt 500. Now think about selling gt 500 and order sgt. I would like sai to at lest touch the car .I am more confussed now!!!!!!

mustang crazy,

Please dude relax and be happy with your Shelby GT500. :stop: It is a True Shelby. It is inspired and came to life because of Carrol Shelby. Don't get hung up on this "I want SAI to touch the car". That's just poppy cock. :banghead:

You are a very lucky person to have your own Shelby GT500. If you want it touched by SAI, just have Carrol sign a piece of it or order the Dash plaque. Don't sell your car because you need to have it touched by SAI.....that just does not make good sense.

I am not bashing you, I just want you to think it thru and be happy with your car. Get Carrol to sign the glove box or visor and order a few SAI goodies that give it that special touch thay you yurn for, but don't sell it.

Well I changed my mind and ordered with the Ebony stripes on it. I like to looks of the black better then the white and will look different then the '07's.

Red with Black stripes

I haven't seen that combo

can't wait to see pix

Red with Black stripes

I haven't seen that combo

can't wait to see pix

I can't either. I think it will look alot like the SS in the pictures.

The dealer just called me this morning and confirmed my order as they were putting it in the order banks.

OHHHH Happy Days!!! :headspin:

I can't either. I think it will look alot like the SS in the pictures.

The dealer just called me this morning and confirmed my order as they were putting it in the order banks.

OHHHH Happy Days!!! :headspin:

Congrats Joker...

Im glad to see you got an order in... PSDS will soon be your new catch phrase. LOL

You are right to be happy with a 5K deal even though you were waiting for one closer to MSRP. I

pulled the trigger on a deal also at 5K over list. I havent put $$$ down yet, they wanted me to wait

until the pricing came out. The dealership I was referred to by a member here has been FANTASTIC.

And I am not concerned one bit that they havent asked for a deposit yet. But my car is in the order

banks. 2nd Car.. the first one was a Vert and Mine is the 2nd as a White / Blue Stripe Coupe. :happy feet:

Upgraded Interior Pkge and HID Lights...

I paid 5 grand over. That's the best price I could find and it was no haggle. I called them up and within 15 minutes had my car ordered and took my deposit. they said they would keep me informed on every stage of the process and give me the dora etc.

The old dealership that I had been trying to get a car from for almost 2 years would not give me a price and would not even match the 5 grand over.

I know I swore I would not pay over MSRP for this car. But I fell victim of having cash in hand and not being able to find a better deal in California.

The way I see it, I already saved myself at least 10 grand over what they are still charging in the area. Some places are still trying to get 20+ in my area and wouldn't even talk about selling an '08 for less then 15 over.

Joker -

Congrats, you basicallly purchased the car at a $5,000 discount. Ford missed the MSRP by $10,000 on this car.

HSURB

Thanks guys. I had a meeting close to the dealership today and decided to drive about the other 30 miles and go meet them.

I met the salesman that I have been talking to and the GM that I originaly contacted. Both nice people and they told me that my car is ordered and that I'm # 2 for them. They already sold their 3rd and final 2008 allocation. I got lucky being the 2nd one for the year. They have my deposit and said that as soon as they get the vin for the first 2008 he will start working on getting mine as soon as possible. I feel wierd not having any paperwork right now but they said they would email me the dora and that it's already in the system under my name.

Now it's just PSDS time for me. I now know how you all felt.

mustang crazy,

Please dude relax and be happy with your Shelby GT500. :stop: It is a True Shelby. It is inspired and came to life because of Carrol Shelby. Don't get hung up on this "I want SAI to touch the car". That's just poppy cock. :banghead:

You are a very lucky person to have your own Shelby GT500. If you want it touched by SAI, just have Carrol sign a piece of it or order the Dash plaque. Don't sell your car because you need to have it touched by SAI.....that just does not make good sense.

I am not bashing you, I just want you to think it thru and be happy with your car. Get Carrol to sign the glove box or visor and order a few SAI goodies that give it that special touch thay you yurn for, but don't sell it.

Ya, Carroll did bless all of our cars. We have his name on all of them. I was like that too but like Grabber said be happy with the car.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel honored to have the chance to own this car. We are all lucky, and of all the thousands of people trying to get one, everyone has a price... it is all relative and bottom line if you can sleep with the deal you got, then you paid just enough@!!

• 1 month later...
It is Good to Hear you are Happy with your experience at Clevenger Ford!

Regards,

Kevin Casey

Parts Manager

Clevenger Ford

Porterville Ca.

Thanks Kevin!

So far so good and I really couldn't be happier. You seem to have a really good group of people down there.

I called last week just to see if there was any new information and nothing new was known as I expected.

I was told that they hope that they have the first '08 built in the first few weeks of August and then mines after that.

Oh it seems like it takes forever at this point.

Archived