TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mgw Shifter

Bob Lasky

Bob,

I installed the MGW shifter on my '12 and it is absolutely excellent. Did the install at a local base hobby shop (up on a lift makes the install much easier to execute) in a couple hours first try. The shifts are precise and the fell makes it a pleasure to row through the gears.

MGW gets my vote, brother.

Good luck,

Quinn

I have an MGW on my Trememc XL Magnum. Good shifter and it has shortened the throw. It added a bit of NVH, you know, the whirring sound.

I am happy with it.

You can keep your stock shifter ball and collar, or aftermarket if you have it, for the 13/14 you have to specify the 10X1.25 when you order to get the right upper shaft. This was info directly to me when I ordered my MGW for my 14.

You can keep your stock shifter ball and collar, or aftermarket if you have it, for the 13/14 you have to specify the 10X1.25 when you order to get the right upper shaft. This was info directly to me when I ordered my MGW for my 14.

Thanks , I haven't order as of yet but plan to shorty. Really wasn't sure if the stock shifter ball would fit . So Thank You for the reply back on this subject. I will make sure when I do order I will let them know I want to keep the stock shifter ball.

I too was concerned about keeping the stock ball/collar...which is definitely an option thru MGW. But I went ahead and had the MGW ball installed with the Cobra logo on the side...and I wasn't disappointed. Looks great and the collar is a polish CNC piece that looks far nicer then what came from the factory.

DSC_5104_zps9b004aa2.jpg

DSC_5103_zpsba4f4c95.jpg

Thanks for your input. Maybe I will get there cobra logo on the ball shifter, does look nice. What color is your shelby? Really like the white one, but I did see they have a blue with white stripe one. My car is blue with white stripe might just look ok.

I too was concerned about keeping the stock ball/collar...which is definitely an option thru MGW. But I went ahead and had the MGW ball installed with the Cobra logo on the side...and I wasn't disappointed. Looks great and the collar is a polish CNC piece that looks far nicer then what came from the factory.

DSC_5104_zps9b004aa2.jpg

DSC_5103_zpsba4f4c95.jpg

Wonder if the Shelby shifter ball will fit? I'd hate to give mine up as it matches the car and adds a little splash of color to the interior.

Just ask them when you call there are 3 size shafts I believe for the GT500 to accomodate also they are by far the most customer orientated of anyone ive dealt with in putting together a mod list for my GT500, right next with Kenny Brown racing followed by BMR. I can honestly say Baer another unnamed that used to be very customer oriented and friendly definately arent at all to the point where I dont even want to give them a dime of my money....

Wonder if the Shelby shifter ball will fit? I'd hate to give mine up as it matches the car and adds a little splash of color to the interior

I see you have some carbon fiber on your Shelby. Who did you go with and did all your replacement part fit well? I want to change my grille to the carbon fiber but I have been hearing that not all parts fit real well. How is your experience with carbon fiber you went with?

I see you have some carbon fiber on your Shelby. Who did you go with and did all your replacement part fit well? I want to change my grille to the carbon fiber but I have been hearing that not all parts fit real well. How is your experience with carbon fiber you went with?

All the carbon on my car is from TruCarbon. The quality is good, but not always 100% perfect. I've been pleased for the most part. I'd like to find a grille as well, but no one makes it. The explanation was it is too complicated of a piece to make for it to be reasonably priced... the term reasonably priced is subjective as no carbon pieces are ever inexpensive.

Archived