TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One Of A Kind 427 Cobra, Not A Kit!

ImSimplyGreen

What makes the Cobra "One Of A Kind"???

Is it a real CSX Cobra? The roll bar support looks odd to me.

Phill

As far as we are aware it was the only s/c painted in gulf orange. It was a backup car for gulf oil that was never raced, then sold to a museum where my dad bought it in 69 for $12,000. The chassis number is CSX3050 and we've had the shelby American guys and the terlingula guys up here drooling all over it. It's not perfect, but they said its the nicest unrestored s/c in the world, though it did have some repair work done to the front. We always get a bunch of racers during the big bend open road race come and look at it. If you doubt its real, that's your choice, but the people who have seen it have no doubts.

post-44366-0-68109800-1419977850_thumb.jpg

post-44366-0-62642000-1419977863_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments, I didn't know about the sale in 66, I'll have to tell my dad. I went and snapped this pic for y'all. My dad tells me he put the air cleaner on it as well as new crank, rods, and pistons. Of all the cool cars he had I'm glad he kept this one. He used to have a detomasso pantera, a hemi cuda, a 69 Mach 1 with the side oiler 427, amongst others. The engine in the bug is some kind of Saab v4, we are actually getting rid of it for a vw turbo sometime in the future. Also going with a ls chevy or Subaru turbo for the 914 eventually, it's way weak and slow now. Hopefully soon the 84 SVO will be painted, it's getting the same gulf orange as the cobra with baby blue accents, we think it'll be cool instead of the blue with orange accents.

post-44366-0-06926200-1419998441_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments, I didn't know about the sale in 66, I'll have to tell my dad. I went and snapped this pic for y'all. My dad tells me he put the air cleaner on it as well as new crank, rods, and pistons. Of all the cool cars he had I'm glad he kept this one. He used to have a detomasso pantera, a hemi cuda, a 69 Mach 1 with the side oiler 427, amongst others. The engine in the bug is some kind of Saab v4, we are actually getting rid of it for a vw turbo sometime in the future. Also going with a ls chevy or Subaru turbo for the 914 eventually, it's way weak and slow now. Hopefully soon the 84 SVO will be painted, it's getting the same gulf orange as the cobra with baby blue accents, we think it'll be cool instead of the blue with orange accents.

As others stated, enjoy the times and stay hooked!