TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Audiophile Advice...

gotoatz

Admittedly, I am not an Audiophile. I like good sound, but not to the point of going crazy with subs here, amps here, etc, etc, etc......

The Shelby has the Shaker 500 with Nav, which is why i do not want to change the head unit. I know that makes a big difference....So....

Has anyone with the Shaker 500 just done the Shelby Kicker door subs and also done Kicker or other speakers in the door panels without doing any upgrade to the amps or head unit? Did you notice an improvement in clarity and bass?

Just looking for an inexpensive yet worthwhile upgrade...

Thanks.

i have the shaker 1000 system and changed out the 4 speakers to get better clarity. what a change it made, as your self i was not going for loud just wanted to hear what i was listening to.

i went with the kicker 6x8 from best buy for 69.00 but got them on sale for 55.00 a pair. well worth 110.00.

i have the shaker 1000 system and changed out the 4 speakers to get better clarity. what a change it made, as your self i was not going for loud just wanted to hear what i was listening to.

i went with the kicker 6x8 from best buy for 69.00 but got them on sale for 55.00 a pair. well worth 110.00.

Thanks for the reply. The 6x8 kickers are the exact ones I am looking at on Crutchfield......

Did you do anything with the door subs, or no need to due to the trunk sub??

Thanks again,

Mike

Oh ya, thanks for reminding. We have a radio in our Shelby... WHOA, with the Borla exhaust note (pure ear candy) I keep forgetting to use the OEM radio. I seem to like the competing sound from a whine up front and then a Borla roar from the rear.

I left the door subs and the trunk subs the same, keep in mind I do have the shaker 1000. I was going for clarity and the speaker change out worked fine for the price.

Thanks again for the info. Oh and for the edit...LOL...I was trying to figure it out..... ; 0

In the same boat as you with the 500 Shaker and Nav.

Wondering what others have done to get more bass. Getting a dedicated good sized subwoofer makes a huge difference when you can get good lows and not have to demand so much bass from the smaller door speakers. All I've seemed to find recently was the extremely expensive Kicker stealth box...no idea how the sound quality from that will be.

I am not an audiophile either and I found very little on what others were doing. I tried to post a pic but I will have to research how to post.

at any rate , I have 2010 with 1000.

I replaced with kenwood dnx 891hd excelon

maestro kit with steering wheel interface

4 alpine 6x8

alpine small amp - fits behind glove box

I also put in some small gobo in the doors that have the shelby logo.

I chose this unit because it 'talks' to obd and has a cool gauge interface that looks cool when i get on the gas.

I wanted alpine all the way but they don't talk to our cars....a cool feature is that the kenwood nav has a mustang icon i can choose for designating where i am on the garmin map!

I will cover the doors, trunk, and floor pan with dynamat or hushmat.

the results were incredible! I have upgraded exhausts and it drowned out the factor shaker. at highway or full throttle. These speakers are very clear from 1-18. after 19 they get a little 'flat' and i think the mat will help with that. NOTE. this is a weekend car. I think eventually i wll switch to some components in the doors and maybe something bigger in the rear deck. I want a sub in the empty spot that should hold a spare tire and put in a screen with xbox for car shows. Overall the $3000 investment was worth it and everyone that gets in likes the sound. Just for the mustang icon was worth the ca$h!! hope this helps.

Archived