TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kr Splitter On Ebay (1K Usd)

summerrodeo

As far as I know, these are two different splitters but they look almost identical.

The KR splitter was made by Plasan and is only available to KR owners. Last time I ordered parts from Shelby, they still had some in stock but they asked ~ 3k USD.

So if you just want the look, the 900 USD version is a good alternative. If you own a KR and want to preserve it in stock condition, the one on ebay is a good buy.

The one listed on ebay is NOT Plasan made, it is not solid carbon fiber.

Says who?

The description lists it as a OEM part and as carbon fiber. No mention about hybrid.

Phill

Says who?

The description lists it as a OEM part and as carbon fiber. No mention about hybrid.

Phill

I say as I purchased one from him several months ago and he was using the same pictures then as he is using now. Also I have the text messages on my phone still from conversations with Sharon where she says it is possibly a prototype piece text message from jul 24, 2014 with the last 4 digits of the phone number being 4129 area code 702 I told them it was not a oem KR splitter as carbon fiber does not bend and flex like the one I bought from him so I guess buyer beware. My guess is it is the reproduction piece from shelby and since I didn't pay more then what shelby wanted for the repo I let it go. I told them then it was not the real deal kinda pisses me off that they are selling another one as the real deal after they played the I don't know card the last time with me. And using the same pictures to lol

Dada take a picture of the bottom of your splitter, the side that faces the ground, and maybe some others like what he has listed. Does your look like the one he has pictured they would be exactly the same. I still have the one I bought from him in the box it was shipped in sitting on a rack in the garage. I will take some pictures and email them to you and you can see what the differences are. Solid carbon fiber DOES NOT bend like the one I got from him. I have other solid carbon fiber parts sitting in my office from other projects, carbon fiber does NOT bend it does flex very little then it shatters. Either way the one I got from him was cheaper then the repo one from Shelby which is way I didnt ask for a refund but thought I was getting a good deal on the $3k part turns out it only saved me a couple of bucks. It is my and others understanding that the OEM KR splitter is a solid carbon fiber piece, is this not true? Because if it is then the splitter I purchased from him is a repo without a doubt.

I've talked to him through EBay. Said he'd drop the price to $800 plus S&H. I backed off. This was because I've cracked the Shelby SS version almost dead center from a handicap pole less than a month after I bought it. DON'T GO THERE!

I've been talking to a machine shop here in Houston. My intent is to have them build me an 18" wide billet 'shield' that would remind you of the Nike logo, but collapsed. It would cover up the crack. The sides would fan out a little. Underneath, they would be drilling me holes that would align with the existing holes. Think Nissan G37 or the new Mercedes front lip. I expect the material to be thin and hug the CF splitter.

I'll let you know how it turns out and the cost. Hope to have it done by eom January.

I posted this a few months ago. I too was fearful of damaging my OEM splitter. I fabricated the splitter you see in the pic to fit perfectly under the CF splitter. I recently did some spirited parade laps at VIR and hit 120mph without issue. I could also feel the added downforce. The splitter is an actual NASCAR splitter i bought at Stewart Haas. The splitter came off Kurt Busch's car. Tab down to the #18 reply. That is the final result.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/85222-my-new-splitter-on-my-kr/#

Huh? You're the one saying it's fake. How about YOU put up some facts to back up your claim of it being fake instead of asking me to.

I gather that you don't have a KR or a real KR splitter to compare to yourself, so you should probably quit speculating and get your research and facts straight before you call someone out. :headscratch:

Since you claim to have yours off and are so sure that the one he is selling (one you dont have from a guy you dont know) is real I was going to give you the chance to see for yourself. Still waiting for the results of the bend test you said you were going to do btw! As I am sure others are waiting for their responces from seller to the questions they asked also. But based on every other post you have made unless someone smacks you in the face with facts you want to agrue. Soooo to keep you from saying that is not the same one he really sold me I was going to let you prove it to yourself........lol But reguardless I DO know because I did compare and acutally have the part which you dont! So as usual you want to talk the talk but never walk the walk. You claim to have a real KR splitter off the car I have a splitter from him that I claim to be fake why not post pictures of what you have and compare them to mine. Sounds pretty legit to me then everyone else will know that the two splitters have be compared and they come from to different sources and they can see before they spend $1k. So maybe you should stop talking about what you think, since you dont have the ability to or dont want to prove either.

Everyone else ask some questions and ask for more pictures before you bid, you might not be gettting what you think.

What I do know is I have a real KR with a real KR splitter. You don't. I am not here so I can provide a "service" to other forum members to prove/disprove a part's authenticity...especially when that's to someone who isn't even a KR owner, and they're calling someone's for-sale listing a fake with zero facts to back it up.

You can probably guess where you can shove that bend test. Go buy a real KR and then you'll have your answer.

You are right I dont own a KR or a real KR splitter BECAUSE I bought the one listed.......lol What I am trying to do is help real KR owners who think they are buying a real KR splitter from waisting money. Which you who claim to be a real KR owner should be doing not as a "service" but as a helpful KR owner. And as far as zero facts I own what he is selling you FOOL so I have every fact to back it up. What I don't have is a KR NOT because I couldn't or can't but because I didnt want one! You were the one that offered the bend test so if you would like me to help YOU shove it some where .... I would love to. You are an embaressment to KR owners, and this site. Look at how you sound and read what you have wrote. You feel it is a "service" to offer anything helpful........I didn't ask or pay for your "service" you can shove that to! LMAO

Rhino, I've got a couple of KRs and it seems to me that the splitters are very rigid mounted on the car. I did have one of them off when I installed the brake duct kit and I never noticed it being the least bit flimsy. Maybe these splitters are ones that were from an inferior batch? I appreciate your input about this.

I say as I purchased one from him several months ago and he was using the same pictures then as he is using now. Also I have the text messages on my phone still from conversations with her where she says it is possibly a prototype piece text message from jul 24, 2014 I told them it was not a oem KR splitter as carbon fiber does not bend and flex like the one I bought from him so I guess buyer beware. My guess is it is the reproduction piece from shelby and since I didn't pay more then what shelby wanted for the repo I let it go. I told them then it was not the real deal kinda pisses me off that they are selling another one as the real deal after they played the I don't know card the last time with me. And using the same pictures to lol

If you did indeed receive a prototype you should tuck it away as I bet it will be worth much more than a standard one. I would consider yourself lucky to have gotten that one.

Rhino, I dont really have a dog in this fight, but Im gonna say this-

Ive known Robert and Sharon for over 8 years now, and never had anything close to a shady deal with them, before, during or after their employment with Shelby American.

You have 14 posts, and about half of those are in this particular thread. Like its been said here- You dont own a KR, so Im not seeing what you are using to validate your claim. If you compared it to another KR splitter, it may have not been OEM. If you are just following your gut, perhaps thats not an entirely accurate way to draw your conclusion. Either way, I would find a less hostile way to make your case than attacking KR owners who are simply trying to get the right conclusion.

If you are a sensible person, you will use my information to perhaps solidify your opinions with facts and help us all out.

If you are a troll, you will simply see my post as a personal attack and lash out at me as well. I hope thats not the case.

Rhino, I dont really have a dog in this fight, but Im gonna say this-

Ive known Robert and Sharon for over 8 years now, and never had anything close to a shady deal with them, before, during or after their employment with Shelby American.

You have 14 posts, and about half of those are in this particular thread. Like its been said here- You dont own a KR, so Im not seeing what you are using to validate your claim. If you compared it to another KR splitter, it may have not been OEM. If you are just following your gut, perhaps thats not an entirely accurate way to draw your conclusion. Either way, I would find a less hostile way to make your case than attacking KR owners who are simply trying to get the right conclusion.

If you are a sensible person, you will use my information to perhaps solidify your opinions with facts and help us all out.

If you are a troll, you will simply see my post as a personal attack and lash out at me as well. I hope thats not the case.

I am not a troll. And I am not attacking KR owners, I responded to one KR owner.

If you read the thread I said it is not Plasan made. Plasan splitters are real carbon fiber, which CF doesn't flop like a fish. But what most people dont know is that they are also marked with a PL. And that was verified by a KR owner from this site with a real KR splitter. As far as facts go I posted what her responce was and that it went from OE to "maybe a prototype" even posted her name and part of her cell number. How would I know her name and number? I'm not friends with them like you are. How much more facts would you like? Robert worked for SAI that great makes him a great person to buy from because he worked there right? Then I buy a part that he is selling and it goes from OE to maybe a prototype?????? How is this possible that he would not know what he is selling? Plain and simple what I got from Robert is not a real OE KR spliter because real production KR splitters were made by Plasan. Now with that being said, if it is a prototype or reproduction then the listing should have reflected that and not let bidders assume that it is Plasan made which is OE KR and pay more. To me it is like selling a Factory Five as the real deal.

All I was trying to do is warn a KR owner before they make a mistake like I did. As far as my post count, I dont post much over here because of how hostle this site has become between KR owners and GT500 owners. That is my point, end of point. Im not posting any more about this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived