TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rebuilt Silver Kr On Ebay This Morning...link To..

Bruce49

I'm not sure if this is still the same dealer, but this car is offered at ebay (same town) since two years. Ebay showed the car sold several times, so my guess is that this dealer has some friends that 'help' the bidding process.

Anyway, far too much money as you currently can buy great cars in the mid 40s.

So was it in an accident?

Interesting. This rebuilt scrap with 9K miles does 39.6K as of 12/28. A normal KR with 4K miles tops out at 37.7K the day before. Obviously shill bidding and an overall decline in ACV for the KRs. Looks like there will be some better pricing on these cars for the small number of guys who have interest in these cars at this point. Nice cars but obviously nothing that the public is unloading their wallets on with a new generation in swing.. The market focus is on the new generation with the GT350 poised to take center stage and become the overwhelming focus of attention. This shift will certainly put a great deal of downward pressure on the declining market values of the '08/'09 KRs. No big surprise as the KRs are sort of yesterdays news and pretty dated at this point in time.

I hope you are right; I plan to look for one in the coming year - it doesn't have to be a special car to the public, it just has to be a special car to me! But I'm not willing to get screwed to have that dream, I'll look at a new one (which at the time will be 2016/2017) before that.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. This rebuilt scrap with 9K miles does 39.6K as of 12/28. A normal KR with 4K miles tops out at 37.7K the day before. Obviously shill bidding and an overall decline in ACV for the KRs. Looks like there will be some better pricing on these cars for the small number of guys who have interest in these cars at this point. Nice cars but obviously nothing that the public is unloading their wallets on with a new generation in swing.. The market focus is on the new generation with the GT350 poised to take center stage and become the overwhelming focus of attention. This shift will certainly put a great deal of downward pressure on the declining market values of the '08/'09 KRs. No big surprise as the KRs are sort of yesterdays news and pretty dated at this point in time.

Things will change with time. The original KRs and GT500s were yesterdays news once too.

All muscle car values are not holding, because so much is being produced in Detroit and around the world right now. The muscle cars of the 50s, 60s, and early 70s were not competing with continuous years of muscle car production. After 71 the muscle car disappeared for a long time. This caused car values sky rocket and are currently still high, but values will trend downward when you have better muscle cars being produced year after year. Also, car values took off with the the baby boomer generation buying old cars that they grew up with. This is no longer the case, hopefully the next generation will by interested in buying our cars later in life for a decent price.

On another note, the Shelby GT500KR is such an awesome muscle car. It's uniqueness is unsurpassed by any other Shelby and a car that will be just as collectible if not more, out of all Shelby's. The KR is the King of the Road, regardless of what some go for on eBay by a few who have to sell their car.

I'm sorry for my opinion causing you obvious distress. You would find that many in the Ford enthusiast community share my perspective on the future value of SE or Shelby variant Mustangs. They are just not investments.

Opinions are one thing... The fact that you seem to relish going on a KR forum and giving your negative opinions on KR's is what's hard to understand. Looks like it would be more fun to go on a Chevy forum and blast Ford stuff with all those guys. At least you would be among friends.

Common sense if you are able to look at it from a rational perspective.

You are dodging the question. Everybody has an opinion. The question is what makes a guy tick that wants to give negative opinions about a KR... on a KR forum?

In thirty years I'll likely be dead and if all works out as planned, my son will be driving my KR with his kids in the back seat making those memories. Whether he keeps it or sells it, what will I care? I'll be dust in the wind.

I plan to drive mine as much as possible (which isn't as much here in Alaska as many of you) I plan to modify my KR and keep those mods Shelby related. Will I keep the original parts? Who knows and who really cares? I don't so neither should anyone else.

I figure I have a good twenty years of driving left in me...KR driving that is. When I'm finished I'll give it to my son. So basically, I don't care about future values or whether the car is stock or not. Again, neither should anyone else.

I do care that I'll have one of the 754 08-09 Silver KRs produced with some cool Shelby upgrades and enough HP (once I add the TVS) to run with the big dogs (New GT, 14 GT500 etc). Basically it'll alway be my Bad Ass KR, number 754 with a VIN ending in S197...which I think is cool also.

AK.

The "Hemis" that have survived bring top dollar due to the fact that they were at the top of the horsepower food chain. The KRs will NEVER have that distinct status. They have been surpassed by later model GT500s in all the pertinent performance categories beating them down on the totem of value in this arena. Future top echelon Mustangs will not be kind to the KRs either. No sense fooling yourselves guys, things change whether we like it not.

Your recolection of history is a bit faulty. The Hemi cars were never the king of the street. They did have the mytique, much like the Boss 9. The LS6, cobra jet mustangs and 440's were all better on the street. While low numbers dont gaurantee collectability, it is one factor. Body style, decent horsepower and that mystique all play into value. Wether the KR ever is collectable is not of concern to me. If I still have it, it will go to my daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

I own just a lowly, no options, stripe delete, 2008 GT500.....bottom of the food chain....but if it weren't for these lower end cars, I wouldn't have been able to buy it in the first place. It has the FR1 kit added to it by the dealer which made it the ideal car for me because #1) I couldn't afford a full-blown KR... #2) I didn't really care for the wheels and added body mods......but all of that is just personal taste and everyone should be smiling when they go out and climb into "THEIR" Shelby....how lucky we are !! The drop in values for ALL muscle cars I'm afraid is due to the known fact that us baby boomers are running out of time and the next generation is much smaller and no where near as interested in the muscle cars. The muscle cars were way out of control and putting them so far out of reach for us "normal guys" that it was discouraging that we couldn't just go out and buy our high school big block cars without giving up our 401K. The collector car market is a tough challenge for those who don't have millions to play with, so the bottom line to us guys (and gals) is to buy 'em to drive/enjoy 'em and don't worry about that very unpredictable future.

Pre Emissions Shelby.... Last one... The Kr is not for the guy who buys and sells!!! The Kr is for the guy who wants a Shelby!!!! Most Shelby owners have many cars.... All you Debbie Downers go somewhere else please.... you are stinking up my KR page!!!! I happen to love mine and I have never once give a PooP about comparing it with anything else!!!! It's a damn KR.... not a Hemi, not a new Hellcat!!! not anything to compare to..... its a KR!!! Mr. Shelby built many great cars.... so did many other car companies and people....Its a Pre Emissions Shelby GT500KR........ and it is a great car...... thats why I have mine...

Pre Emissions Shelby.... Last one... The Kr is not for the guy who buys and sells!!! The Kr is for the guy who wants a Shelby!!!! Most Shelby owners have many cars.... All you Debbie Downers go somewhere else please.... you are stinking up my KR page!!!! I happen to love mine and I have never once give a PooP about comparing it with anything else!!!! It's a damn KR.... not a Hemi, not a new Hellcat!!! not anything to compare to..... its a KR!!! Mr. Shelby built many great cars.... so did many other car companies and people....Its a Pre Emissions Shelby GT500KR........ and it is a great car...... thats why I have mine...

Amen !

Archived