TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So What Your Car Get For Christmas?

Bruce49

Absolutely nothing

Why is that? Are you not able to drive it most of the winter months? If that's the case, I'm sorry. My KR is my only means of transportation. And, here in Houston the weather cooperates most of the time. I think it's going down in the upper 30's later in the week. And, of course, rain.

Can't wait to get the Goodyears off the car for some Conti DW's. Had them on the old 09 GT500. Loved them. And yet, I put a set on the wife's C63 AMG. Didn't work. We went back to the Michelin SS's for her.

Funny that a tire on one car will work really well and yet not work on another.

So, no catch can's for oil vapor? No polished fuel rails? No upgrade of the brake pads?

It's too cold outside to put it on.

It's 28 degrees outside right now; a few degrees warmer tonight than the past two. I'm sure the Mustangs are happy to have the garage heater. Only thing they got this Christmas was a dose of Stabil fuel preservative. ^_^

It dropped 20 degrees from last night until this morning here. I'm about 10 miles straight south of downtown Houston. And then another 20 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 45 degrees is actually cold here. It's the dampness with the lower temps where you feel it. Up north there's not much humidity. So, the cold isn't as biting as it can be down here.

Eh, give it a day or two and it'll be up around 70 again...

BTW, nice set up on the diff cover and sway bar. Remember to grease the snot out of it. I use a heavy duty marine grease. Doesn't break down as easily.

Why would you want to remove the 3.73's in your KR for 3.31's??

Now that I am caught up on emails, PM's and car builds, my Christmas present to my cars was to take 10 minutes to drive most of them. Even drove my Saleen SSC that I haven't driven in probably a year or so. Makes me appreciate my other cars more....what a terrible driving car!!! I really question myself on certain cars I have kept for so long!! Feels great to feel caught up though.....

Alex

Why would you want to remove the 3.73's in your KR for 3.31's??

Now that I am caught up on emails, PM's and car builds, my Christmas present to my cars was to take 10 minutes to drive most of them. Even drove my Saleen SSC that I haven't driven in probably a year or so. Makes me appreciate my other cars more....what a terrible driving car!!! I really question myself on certain cars I have kept for so long!! Feels great to feel caught up though.....

Alex

Having driven a vanilla GT500, the gearing on my KR is too low. I prefer to wind it out more. Besides, better gas mileage and most of my driving is on highways where the 3:31 gear set is more practical IMO.

It's 28 degrees outside right now; a few degrees warmer tonight than the past two. I'm sure the Mustangs are happy to have the garage heater. Only thing they got this Christmas was a dose of Stabil fuel preservative. ^_^

What a trip... You own the same cars as I do. Even the same colors! My son drives the Bullitt and has it really tricked out. Mine is stock at this moment.

My KR has all it needs. I have it set up just the way I want it. But, I got a nice detail kit. Orbital polisher with lots of different pads, polish, sealant, carnuba wax, etc...

• 2 weeks later...