TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ron Pratts 08 Kr Glass Roof Info

ShelbyKR664

Just came across this. Nice catch for someone. It will be auctioned as a charity vehicle so it will likely command some big dollars. Ron should be commended for all the good he has done.

http://www.tuningnews.net/article/080118a/ford-mustang-shelby-gt500kr-glass-roof/

Almost all, if not all, of Ron Pratte's purchases of "VIN #1" vehicles were charity auctions. Do not try to confuse the price paid for such a vehicle. The buyer and a tax person figure out what part of the purchase price is deductible and what part represents fair market value for the purchase. (As you should also do for anything you bid on or buy at a function that includes any charity purchase).

As a result, he didn't pay a ridiculous price for the car. He and his tax person most likely arrived at the FMV to be the sticker price, and the rest was a charity contribution.

This is one of the coolest of his:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1990-COORS-EXTRA-GOLD-TOP-FUEL-DRAGSTER-REPLICA-178561

I saw this car, twice, get "recycled" - sold, then put back on the block for the loser to buy it again. For more. Both times, there wasn't a dry eye in the audience.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Tony, a bit of my original topic thread but was wondering if you know about the Heritage Mustang from Saleen?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171606663640

I think I'd seen one of these but never put much into it. Saleen was one of the final manufacturing steps in the Ford GT process (much as Shelby was part of the SGT and KR). So it makes some sense he might try to leverage that.

I've always have wondered if that was a "factory" glass roof or not...

I am pretty sure it was installed after the fact, Ford did not have a Glass Roof in 08. Possibly a CDC or an ASC Conversion.

Ford added the Glass Roof as an option on the Mustangs for 2008....

It is certainly possible that it came that way from the factory.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/15/detroit-2008-getting-intimate-with-the-glass-roof-mustang/

Edited by Cali_KR

Ford added the Glass Roof as an option on the Mustangs for 2008....

It is certainly possible that it came that way from the factory.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/15/detroit-2008-getting-intimate-with-the-glass-roof-mustang/

The glass roof was first offered in 2009 if you read the press release associated with that article

"DEARBORN, Mich., January 13, 2008 – Hot on the heels of the new Ford Bullitt Mustang and the new Shelby GT500KR, America's favorite muscle car drives into its 45th anniversary year sporting a new factory-installed glass roof.

The 2009 Ford Glass Roof Mustang provides a third roof option for customers and responds to their growing desire for more natural light. "

And the Pratt article says

"The one-of-one ebony black GT500KR up for auction will feature the same full glass roof that is being offered as an option on the 2009 V-6 Mustang and Mustang GT models only."

I was just wondering since this is a "one of a kind" KR if this could possibly be factory to boost interest in the newly offered factory glass roof at the time.

The glass roof was first offered in 2009 if you read the press release associated with that article

"DEARBORN, Mich., January 13, 2008 – Hot on the heels of the new Ford Bullitt Mustang and the new Shelby GT500KR, America's favorite muscle car drives into its 45th anniversary year sporting a new factory-installed glass roof.

The 2009 Ford Glass Roof Mustang provides a third roof option for customers and responds to their growing desire for more natural light. "

And the Pratt article says

"The one-of-one ebony black GT500KR up for auction will feature the same full glass roof that is being offered as an option on the 2009 V-6 Mustang and Mustang GT models only."

I was just wondering since this is a "one of a kind" KR if this could possibly be factory to boost interest in the newly offered factory glass roof at the time.

Thanx for the correction, on a side note...

Then SAI President Amy Boylen had a glass roof on her 2008 Grabber Orange SGT (i've got pix of it somewhere)