TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If You Could Only Have One - Sgt Or Gt350??

AndyGJ

I know it is very early to be asking this question, but I sit here with limited funds and a desire to have some upgrades on my present SGT to make it a better track worthy vehicle. I'm also limited to how and where I can use it on a track since it is a convertible, and most of the time I'm riding around lately with the top UP.

I saw the 2016 GT350, and love the concept / prototype. I definitely want to see the real thing in person in late 2015 when it is released...and the new body style is growing on me.

So here it is....the $64 question:

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE OF THESE TWO, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

Thanks for your input,

Andy.

I would keep the Shelby GT. :thumbsup:

Or it will someday become this car: ----> "I sure wish I hadn't sold that". :doh:

Not to mention, "limited funds" does not seem to equate to the purchase of a $64K car from a practical standpoint. :spend:

I didn't mean to imply that the GT350 would cost $64k, i just said the " $64 Question" as an expression. If I sold my SGT i bet it would cost $25,000 to upgrade to the GT350....still a ton of money.

And, yes Ilmor, that's my problem with letting go of the SGT. I can almost promise at some point down the road i would have major sellers remorse!

If only money grew on trees.........

Andy

Edited by AndyGJ

Which event? Hooked on driving?

Hey Viper,

It's a private track event at Roebling Road Jan 10th and 11th. Twenty of us rent the track out for the entire weekend...thats the only way a convertible can get ought there at speed and no racing roll bar/cage. It's swim at your own risk!

That's one reason to consider a new ride.

Andy

Edited by AndyGJ

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of purchasing a 2016 GT350 if I can find one without a $10 or $20K dealer markup, which will be a deal breaker. I'll keep my 07 SGT. I am lucky to also have a 2012 Boss 302, which is the most impressive Mustang I have ever driven. It will stay home too. I am old and am spending my kids inheritance on Mustangs. They can sell them when I am in the "home" and they have taken away my keys.