TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roush Axle Back Exhaust

AFdude10

Hello all...

As the title says, does anyone have a set of these on their GT500? I've been looking at them but keep running into videos that appear to sounds pretty damn raspy. Seeing a few reviews that say this as well. Can anyone attest to this?

I LOVE the stock exhaust sound...however I'm looking for something simply louder. Deep and loud is what I'm looking for....NO rasp.

I know I've read some people liking the Borla ATAK axle backs...though expensive...some of the videos I've heard sound great. Deep and louder, however no rasp.

Thanks.

I have the Roush Axle backs on my Boss 302 and they are tastefully loud and rumble nicely.....best sound I could find.....my Shelby has Ford Racing Axle backs as the dealer installed them, and they sound mighty fine as well!

I have the Roush Off-Road Extreme exhaust on my 2010. It is a Cat back system, not Axle back.

Is that what you mean?

Phill

I have the Roush Axle Back mufflers on my 2012. Definitely louder than the stock SVT setup (and tons lighter too). Idle and basic cruising isn't bad, but once you lean on the loud pedal it sounds like the IMSA GS mustangs. I don't really get on it at all in the "no trick zone" around the neighborhood.

-steve

I have a set on my 2011 convertible. They are loud and a little more raspy than I like. I had them on with my motor basically stock and now after KB 3.6 SC, Kooks headers and X pipe, the car really is loud. The loudness doesn't bother me, however, the rasp gets annoying. The ATAK's maybe a better choice. JMO.

I don't plan on doing any other exhaust work other then the axle back...simply doing this for sound.

Dednock...I bet its loud as heck now...however did you have that rasp with just the axle backs and stock everything else?

It is just the design of the muffler. They sound great with the exception of the rasp.

It is just the design of the muffler. They sound great with the exception of the rasp.

Sorry, I didn't really answer your question in my last post. Yes, I still had a raspiness with everything stock and just the axle back Roush mufflers.

I put the Borla Multi Core axle back on my 2010 GT500 and I love them. No rasping but just a deeper noise than the stock. Wish I could send you a video but this computer is on its way out and no sound card. Getting new one soon so might be able to post something then. I got the multi core after talking to Borla. They say no "drone" when up to speed but I still have it but not unbearable.

Was the Stype Borla louder at idle and cruising? Sounds like the Borla is up my ally...

I didn't go with the S type because I thought too loud and went with their Multi Core which I really like. You should go to their site and see if they have a demo of it on a mustang (prob not on a GT500). Anyway thats my two cents worth. Brad

• 4 years later...