TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Blower leaking!

dgussin1

I have oil sprayed on the inside of my hood where the snout of the supercharger is. Has anybody else noticed any leakage from their s/c. I guess since ford shouldn't/won't warranty my blower, i am left with 2 options. 1) send it to stiegemeier and have them rebuild the snout and port the blower or 2) rob somebody and buy a KB S3.

anybody else leaking?

I have oil sprayed on the inside of my hood where the snout of the supercharger is. Has anybody else noticed any leakage from their s/c. I guess since ford shouldn't/won't warranty my blower, i am left with 2 options. 1) send it to stiegemeier and have them rebuild the snout and port the blower or 2) rob somebody and buy a KB S3.

anybody else leaking?

Did you ask your dealer if they would cover it under the warranty?

Did you ask your dealer if they would cover it under the warranty?

I have a pulley on the car, I wouldn't feel comfortable with ford footing the bill for fixing the blower.

Hopefully somebody with the same issues will show up and tell me what the fix is.

I have a pulley on the car, I wouldn't feel comfortable with ford footing the bill for fixing the blower.

Hopefully somebody with the same issues will show up and tell me what the fix is.

A friend of mine just had his clutch replaced on his GT500 and he had a pully. Ford had no issues. It does not hurt to ask.

I remember someone posting about "seepage" and they posted a pic...but they didn't say it was spraying on the hood...perhaps thier's was a less severe case of what you have. Sorry I can't help more...ask SCGT to find that one post...then PM the poster.

Good luck Dave.

anybody else leaking?

I agree with some of the folks in that it may be coolant. I actually had to buy a new reservoir because the cap didn't fit quite right on the reservoir and was shooting water back toward the engine. When it got on the snout it would just shower it on the underside of the hood. I bought a new reservoir from Tommie Vaughan for $35 and it took care of the problem. However, I will say that I once had this problem on my terminator and it ended up being some messed up bearings in the snout. This is usually caused when one over revs the blower. Do you happen to have a pulley upgrade on your car? I now have the KB stage 3 and can't say enough about it. Definitely a worthwhile investment.

anybody else leaking?

Dave, I remember on svtperformance.com forum someone was looking into buying a new OEM 3.0" pulley from Ford (after trashing thiers during a 2.6 pulley swap) said that Frod wouldn't sell the 3.0 OEM pulley but that they would sell him the Top half (including snout/pulley/bearing/case etc. assembled) for 1000 bucks.

Maybe this is a bolt on option for you (to save some $$) in case it's not just a coolant leak.

this is definitely not coolant...although I have noticed a small amount of coolant that has sprayed under the hood, I will tell the service department to order a new res. It is oil from the s/c, I think for now I will send the blower to stiegmeier...I just refuse to put 6K that I don't have on a credit card. I am 22 and don't want to be in debt up to my ears by 25.

I am at the shop right now awaiting the tech to install my headers and full 3" exhaust, then I will dyno so we can see the real gains from no headers with stock exhaust (axleback only) to a full LT and 3" setup. I will dyno again after stieg ports the blower so we will again, see what the real gains are. I hope for 25rwhp from the exhaust, but I am anticipating a good bit less.

Archived