TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Collectibles 427 Cobra Red Tires Chase Diecast For Sale

NordicShelby

Hello

I am always heading to different toy stores looking for interesting die-cast cars sometimes I find some good pieces and most of the time I don't......LOL. I was lucky enough to find 4 Shelby Collectibles 427 Cobra chase pieces with red rubber tires. These came out this fall and are almost impossible to find. I am selling them at $20.00 each and that includes shipping. You can email me at nordicshelby@gmail.com if you would like to purchase one I have 4 available. These are a must have for any Shelby die-cast collector.

Thank you for looking

Chad

post-21323-0-76855200-1418711476_thumb.jpg

Hi Chad,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is NOT a chase piece. The production run on them was 1000 pieces. They are from the latest assortment of Shelby Collectibles. They come four to a case.

Unfortunately everyone that sees the red tires thinks they are a chase and buys them up. So while they are a nice piece, there is no reason that these should command a "chase" price premium.

Scott

Edited by WISMACH1

Scott Thanks for your input I really appreciate your feedback on my sale.

In the past Jeremy from Collectibles corner had produced some Shelby collectibles that had different color rubber tires and these were considered CHASE pieces, he was getting $50 plus shipping per car.

I have only found 4 of these bare metal Cobras with the red tires in the stores. I thought somebody might want these for their collection and not have to waste their time and gas searching store after store and not finding them.

Scott Thanks for your input I really appreciate your feedback on my sale.

In the past Jeremy from Collectibles corner had produced some Shelby collectibles that had different color rubber tires and these were considered CHASE pieces, he was getting $50 plus shipping per car.

I have only found 4 of these bare metal Cobras with the red tires in the stores. I thought somebody might want these for their collection and not have to waste their time and gas searching store after store and not finding them.

Hi Chad,

You are correct, Jeremy did produce a lot of chase versions with the colored tires. After these came out, I contacted the person who designs and orders them. He told me the production run on the car and that while 1000 pieces is not a big run, he said they were not considered chase pieces. Last week I saw about eight of them on the pegs at our nearest TRU and left them all. My feeling is that they wanted to use the left over red tires and came up with the design.

Please know that I meant no disrespect to you with my reply.

Take care and Happy Holidays.

Scott