TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Stock Rear Vs Ford Racing Traction

I bought 4:10 gears for my SGT which I will be installing this winter. I also have a chance to buy a Ford Racing Traction - LOK Limited Slip Differential w/ Carbon Discs - 31 Spline 8.8 in.From everything I read it doesn't seem much different then my stock rear which is in good condition and have no problem with. Will the ford racing work better is it stronger or am I wasting money.

Mine too Jason....but a T-2 cost $550 and I don't think I need it for my driving. The ford racing is $228 plus I don't have to buy carbon disc set which saves me $107 and a little work. I think that's the way I'm going, I was just wondering if there was a difference between the "Ford Racing Traction - LOK Limited Slip Differential and the stock rear on our SGT.

Edited by bmezz

• 1 month later...

Mine too Jason....but a T-2 cost $550 and I don't think I need it for my driving. The ford racing is $228 plus I don't have to buy carbon disc set which saves me $107 and a little work. I think that's the way I'm going, I was just wondering if there was a difference between the "Ford Racing Traction - LOK Limited Slip Differential and the stock rear on our SGT.

The FRPP Traction-Lok differential differs from the factory Traction-Lok in one way. It has the carbon fiber clutch plates pre-installed. If you need to replace you entire OEM Traction-Lok diff, this is a good start. If you have burned up the OEM clutches, but no other damage/failures, get the carbon fiber clutch rebuild kit and go from there. Whatever you do, don't forget the 4oz of friction modifier, it is not included in either option.

I suggest that if you choose to replace the entire diff, you may recover part of your investment by selling off the failed diff. I have traveled the country on the road race circuit, and the semi-pros carry spares. Could be similar at a drag strip, but I'm not sure on that. 75 bucks face to face, or 100 bucks shipped out is a fair price.