TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mecum Auction: New Red 2008 Gt500Kr

summerrodeo

I was there. I walked with the car up to the stage. Bidding stopped at 52K. It has 42 miles on it. Still has all the stickers on the windows. I was half tempted to try to make a deal, but the wife would not have anything to do with it. She said I already have one. I couldn't understand her point. Was real tempting.

I was there. I walked with the car up to the stage. Bidding stopped at 52K. It has 42 miles on it. Still has all the stickers on the windows. I was half tempted to try to make a deal, but the wife would not have anything to do with it. She said I already have one. I couldn't understand her point. Was real tempting.

The women always buy shoes in pairs, why can't we? :rockon:

QSS

Brand new red 2008 GT500KR was just offered at the Mecum auction in Austin.

Car was not sold as bidding stopped at 50k (reserve not met).

I only DVR'd it one day, and the cars I saw cross the block did not command dollars...I'm thinking that the time of year for this auction wasn't ideal.

Good the consignee didn't lift his reserve, and decided to take it back home

Very good buy for the buyer. Seller obviously went through the expense to get it there and through in the towel. Bad auction and bad time of year. With buyers commission you figure total buy for the car was $58,300.00.

CaliKR's KR went for more last August and it had more mileage.

Not a good auction for sellers.

Unfortunately, this is a trend for just about all of our modern our cars. With all the new power coming out, there is just nowhere else for the prices to go.

That price was way low when you subtract sellers commission of 8%. Maybe he just wanted it gone and Mecum is a easy way to let a car go.

Yeah, the prices were just disappointing. A Shelby GT350 sold for $80K and while its a nice car I think the KRs should be fetching more. Maybe because it was a convertible? Who knows.

I agree, that in light of all the new powerful cars coming out these days many run of the mill buyers will find it hard to justify $75K+ on an '08/'09 KR when he can buy a new Hellcat, Z28, C7 or even a new base Z06 for those prices.

I agree, fact remains the Shelby KR is a very special and limited car and it looks like it will take some more years for collectors and Shelby nuts start to appreciate them and to pony up what these cars should bring.

Believe me it was hard to resist the temptation to dump my KR for $55,000.00 and go buy a Hellcat but in the end I think there will be thousands of Hellcats and only 1600 KR's in the end with only 200 in red.

yeah, dont think the automatic helped its cause. plus all the other reasons you already mentioned. the red KR looked great. silver was nice too but not my favorite color/stripe combo. i think $45-55k for a clean KR is "right" at this time. thats not too shabby given the price difference between it and a standard GT500.

Archived