TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Know This Ford Gt?

Jahorner

Someone is going to have a bad day .... awoken at 2am by some loud banging noises. Half asleep thought it was the "storm of the century" the news has been hyping for 5 days. Looked out my front window and instead saw this wrecked Ford GT sitting in front of my house.

Driver speeding, lost control 500 yards up the street and was aimed backwards when he hit our Suburban parked in front of the house. Suburban was only thing that kept the GT from hitting our house and/or the cars parked in our driveway (including my track car). Impact drove the Suburban back a full car length. Oh, and because the driver left the scene, cops are calling it a hit and run (pretty sure that's a felony).

post-30225-0-42230500-1418320762_thumb.jpg

Another Heritage? Crimeanees, they have been dropping like flies lately. Better keep yours locked up for a while Tony, but the value keeps going up every day at this rate.

I was thinking the same thing. Is there some kind of contest to see how many heritage GT's VS silver KR's are being totaled?

Steve

Someone is going to have a bad day .... awoken at 2am by some loud banging noises. Half asleep thought it was the "storm of the century" the news has been hyping for 5 days. Looked out my front window and instead saw this wrecked Ford GT sitting in front of my house.

Driver speeding, lost control 500 yards up the street and was aimed backwards when he hit our Suburban parked in front of the house. Suburban was only thing that kept the GT from hitting our house and/or the cars parked in our driveway (including my track car). Impact drove the Suburban back a full car length. Oh, and because the driver left the scene, cops are calling it a hit and run (pretty sure that's a felony).

attachicon.gifphoto.jpg

Thank goodness you or your family wasn't hurt.......would have been much worse had your Suburban not been parked there.

attachicon.gifphoto.jpg

What city was that in?

If it was a hit & run, wonder if the car was stolen?

That guy passed me on Highway 80 a couple of days ago! That sucks. Sorry to hear about your vehicle. :runaway:

attachicon.gifphoto.jpg

What city was that in?

If it was a hit & run, wonder if the car was stolen?

Tom - San Jose near Willow Glen. My first thought was stolen but cops said car came up clean. Someone came back around 4am looking for their car I'm pretty sure.

Holy Crap !

I've seen this car driving around Los Gatos a bunch lately and I believe on Hwy 101 coming up from Morgan Hill in morning commute traffic.

A local car - wow!

I'm sure that Cali_KR knows who the owner is - he knows every Ford owner in the valley!

They could always send this over to Galpin to use for their super-duper Carbon Fiber Ford GT conversion……... :)

I was figuring that the Galpin thing might be an OK "rescue" for a totaled car. But nooooo... They apparently have stashed away a few low miles cars they bought. That was their only good move. Since they haven't sold one yet, at least they are getting the benefit of the increase in values on their donor cars. I suspect they will eventually sell off the spares and give up on the program.

I was figuring that the Galpin thing might be an OK "rescue" for a totaled car. But nooooo... They apparently have stashed away a few low miles cars they bought. That was their only good move. Since they haven't sold one yet, at least they are getting the benefit of the increase in values on their donor cars. I suspect they will eventually sell off the spares and give up on the program.

I was wondering if they would ever sell any when I saw them at Barrett-Jackson last year. Wonder what their display this year will look like.