TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Shelby Gt

dh777

As a 2008 Shelby GT owner if this could be a possibility umm not sure? I'm tired of the PBF badges on the side would prefer a true Shelby badge of some kind. It looks good but I need something that makes it stand out and some badges and LeMans stripes isn't going to cut it anymore. Better have a huge option list

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2015-shelby-gt-is-all-looks-and-no-supercharged-goodness-photo-gallery-89918.html

I would imagine if Shelby does do this car it would at least have the intake, tune, suspension & exhaust upgrades of the original Shelby GT.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a 2008 Shelby GT owner if this could be a possibility umm not sure? I'm tired of the PBF badges on the side would prefer a true Shelby badge of some kind. It looks good but I need something that makes it stand out and some badges and LeMans stripes isn't going to cut it anymore. Better have a huge option list

I am without a position on the stripes, they are standard LeMans fare and anyone can buy them anywhere. However, the PBF badges are unique and exclusive to the Shelby GT. No other Ford product wears them, and back in 07-08, replacement by SAI required a lot of proof of loss and ownership before SAI would issue replacements. Black market rested about 300 bucks a pair. What is often mistaken for the SGT fender badge, is the early Cobra "thin and tin" two-dimensional fender badges, available almost anywhere for the asking. Check eBay.

AddItional tidbit on the PBF badges: while unique to the SGT for a while, Ford decided to throw them in on the 3V crate engines. That is how a lot of them showed up on eBay. When I asked G. Patterson about this he shrugged and stated Ford can do pretty much what it wants in these regards. Regardless, I like the tie back to the original GT-350, and I think it is a nice addition to any generation SGT.

-Tom

AddItional tidbit on the PBF badges: while unique to the SGT for a while, Ford decided to throw them in on the 3V crate engines. That is how a lot of them showed up on eBay. When I asked G. Patterson about this he shrugged and stated Ford can do pretty much what it wants in these regards. Regardless, I like the tie back to the original GT-350, and I think it is a nice addition to any generation SGT.

-Tom

The PBF badges were also standard on the Ford Racing School cars at Miller Motorsports along with Miller Challenge cars (but not on the FR500S or FR500C). I don't recall if they came on the 2008 FR500CJ cars.

I stand corrected, and updated on PBF badges, thanks guys.

Someone mentioned "liking the tie back to the 60s GT 350". Did I read this wrong? I remember the 1st gen. GT350s, and I do not recall any PBF badge. Guess my memory is fading with age.

Another moment of wonderment just landed...With all that is required to correctly place LeMans stripes over the whole car, why doesn't (didn't) Shelby just paint them on in production?

Never mind...no need to start anything this late in the game.

No PBF on the classic GT350, only mentioned in the advertisements back then. Remember, the 1965-70 GT350 was a Shelby American production vehicle during 1965-1967. The 1965-66 did not have a visible Ford VIN, only a SA factory VIN as the factory had a federal manufacturer origin designation, not Ford, like now. Lemans stripes were optional for 1965-66, first done at the factory, later done by the dealers. Because of the tapered manner of the stripes, they were time consuming to put on. The Lemans stripes were discontinued after 1966 as an option. Later cars with them (yes, even 1967 models) were done by customers.

Thank you, again, for the detail.

BTW..."visible" aka "public VINs" were required in 1968, also 13 digit now, with last six required on major power train components. All of this was anti-theft stuff, but gave weight to the "numbers matching" crowd. Though some mfgs. started earlier, requirement/enforcement began in '68, along with mandatory restraint system standards. By 1981, VINs grew to 17 digits, and many major components have the partial VIN secluded in dozens of locations. It's fairly difficult to "dabble" in stolen components these days, pirates are soon known by law enforcement, and it's a cat-and-mouse game once they get on your case. Really not worth it anymore, the payback leaves a bruise.

No PBF on the classic GT350, only mentioned in the advertisements back then. Remember, the 1965-70 GT350 was a Shelby American production vehicle during 1965-1967. The 1965-66 did not have a visible Ford VIN, only a SA factory VIN as the factory had a federal manufacturer origin designation, not Ford, like now. Lemans stripes were optional for 1965-66, first done at the factory, later done by the dealers. Because of the tapered manner of the stripes, they were time consuming to put on. The Lemans stripes were discontinued after 1966 as an option. Later cars with them (yes, even 1967 models) were done by customers.

Sorry, I wasn't specific in this PBF reference... the tie back I meant was to the PBF on the Cobra valve covers. Now if SPP

offered Shelby Powered By Ford valve covers for the 3V I would buy in a heartbeat, but that will never happen.

-Tom

Archived