TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Mustang Vs. 2015 Mustang

ilmor

So they did a straight line drag....what i really want to see compared is how the go head to head on a track / road course like Roebling Road or VIR.

Someone dish up that comparison for us!!!

Andy

Based on the numbers, I fully expected the 2015 to be right there with the 2014 in a straight line in the 1/4. The presented test doesn't mean much. A guy with a flag where the 2014 clearly jumped, but still, between the two, I wouldn't expect much different. Some races the 2014 may win while others the 2015 will win based on just the drivers. Get serious testing with the same driver on the same day on a track, then that would be a better test. I would fully expect the 2015 V6 to be about .3 -.5 seconds slower in the 1/4 than the 2014. It's already been shown that the ecoboost is right there, to a bit quicker than the 2014 V6. The 2015 ecoboost should be a bit quicker than the 2015 V6 in the 1/4. But all that isn't the point of the 2015. Until you've driven one, you will not realize that this is really a completely different car. On the street and on the road course the changes become much more dramatic. The car is just in a new class in road manors on the street. The chassis itself is much stiffer and stronger. With the new suspension characteristics, it may feel like there is more body roll, but there probably is not. It's just a completely different feeling of a car without loosing it's Mustang feeling. I think that is really what they were going for. The quality is almost not much of a comparison. I got to drive my buddies 2015 GT the other night which he has already done springs, shocks, wheels/tires, and exhaust. Typical changes which folks like us would also do with the previous car. With these changes, it felt like it was on rails. Loved it.

I guess that's the best thing. For the guys that like the last model better, there should be plenty around for quite some time and still no doubt, it is an awesome car. I love my 13 V6 for a daily driver, but still would take a 15 also. Going to wait and see what the GT350 is really all about however. Definitely going to wait until that hits the street before any purchase.

Based on the numbers, I fully expected the 2015 to be right there with the 2014 in a straight line in the 1/4. The presented test doesn't mean much. A guy with a flag where the 2014 clearly jumped, but still, between the two, I wouldn't expect much different. Some races the 2014 may win while others the 2015 will win based on just the drivers. Get serious testing with the same driver on the same day on a track, then that would be a better test. I would fully expect the 2015 V6 to be about .3 -.5 seconds slower in the 1/4 than the 2014. It's already been shown that the ecoboost is right there, to a bit quicker than the 2014 V6. The 2015 ecoboost should be a bit quicker than the 2015 V6 in the 1/4. But all that isn't the point of the 2015. Until you've driven one, you will not realize that this is really a completely different car. On the street and on the road course the changes become much more dramatic. The car is just in a new class in road manors on the street. The chassis itself is much stiffer and stronger. With the new suspension characteristics, it may feel like there is more body roll, but there probably is not. It's just a completely different feeling of a car without loosing it's Mustang feeling. I think that is really what they were going for. The quality is almost not much of a comparison. I got to drive my buddies 2015 GT the other night which he has already done springs, shocks, wheels/tires, and exhaust. Typical changes which folks like us would also do with the previous car. With these changes, it felt like it was on rails. Loved it.

I guess that's the best thing. For the guys that like the last model better, there should be plenty around for quite some time and still no doubt, it is an awesome car. I love my 13 V6 for a daily driver, but still would take a 15 also. Going to wait and see what the GT350 is really all about however. Definitely going to wait until that hits the street before any purchase.

Very well said !

• 2 weeks later...

Stance? Body Roll? You kidding? Funny. The '15's front end is a disgrace to the Mustang heritage. Just my 2c. We aren't talking race cars here - but street cars. And I don't want anyone confusing my Mustang with a Focus/Fusion/Taurus/Honda/etc. Y'all have at it - I'll keep mine!!

Stance? Body Roll? You kidding? Funny. The '15's front end is a disgrace to the Mustang heritage. Just my 2c. We aren't talking race cars here - but street cars. And I don't want anyone confusing my Mustang with a Focus/Fusion/Taurus/Honda/etc. Y'all have at it - I'll keep mine!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Ruff... The applause worldwide is a testament to the styling and design of the 2015 car, but you can't please everyone 100% of the time. As for the performance on track, I can't wait to see the 2015 Mustang race in IMSA and other series around the world. It's going to kick butt and take names.

I've seen this comment before a few times but could not possibly disagree more.

New is sometimes scary, but get up close and its an incredible look.

You know just to throw this out, I think the 15 looks good. The funny thing is, my wife whom is not a car person, who does not care about my 65 let alone a newer stang, comaro, dodge, you get the idea; I pointed out a new 15 on the road and told her how I liked it and she said that it did not look like a Mustang to her at all and that it looked like an Altima my step daughter use to own. My wife hated the look of it. Just something to think about coming from a non car person that does not like the looks and said it did not look like a Mustang?

You know just to throw this out, I think the 15 looks good. The funny thing is, my wife whom is not a car person, who does not care about my 65 let alone a newer stang, comaro, dodge, you get the idea; I pointed out a new 15 on the road and told her how I liked it and she said that it did not look like a Mustang to her at all and that it looked like an Altima my step daughter use to own. My wife hated the look of it. Just something to think about coming from a non car person that does not like the looks and said it did not look like a Mustang?

:whistling:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Ruff... The applause worldwide is a testament to the styling and design of the 2015 car, but you can't please everyone 100% of the time. As for the performance on track, I can't wait to see the 2015 Mustang race in IMSA and other series around the world. It's going to kick butt and take names.

I hope it does! It just won't be in my garage! To each his own. Right? I like old school - and I'm very happy to have one of the last representations of that!

• 2 weeks later...

HI BB - bored? !!!

I've tried and tried to embrace the New look. Just can't get past the front end. (among other cues) It - just - sucks. Looks like so many other cars of all variations. Sorry, Ford. If I wanted New - I'd buy a Honda/Focus/Hyudai/Nissan/Jag/Toyota/whatever.

If I had this exact Mustang, I'd be more than happy. If this look can't change anyone's opinion on the looks of this car then its a lost cause for them - but I sure can't get over this; its perfect for this car, everything (except the windshield decal). Perfect color, perfect accents. This is from Lethalperformance.com

21100vq.jpg

If I had this exact Mustang, I'd be more than happy. If this look can't change anyone's opinion on the looks of this car then its a lost cause for them - but I sure can't get over this; its perfect for this car, everything (except the windshield decal). Perfect color, perfect accents. This is from Lethalperformance.com

21100vq.jpg

Agree. That's pretty bad ass. Headlights look sinister.

So they did a straight line drag....what i really want to see compared is how the go head to head on a track / road course like Roebling Road or VIR.

Someone dish up that comparison for us!!!

Andy

I expect that the 2015 should be better - if not it would be quite embarrassing and a Ford fail.

Not trading in my '14 anytime soon. Don't think the drag race really shows too much as the cars are very close. I say put them on full course at VIR and record the laps times...heck...throw a Boss 302 in the mix as well, as I think that's what the target was for Ford engineers.

I like it so I bought one this week. When they first came out it didn't really excite me. The car has grown on me. Used the Xplan + rebate and now it's in my garage. This is one refined Mustang. The new interior makes my 2010 GT 500 interior look a little cheap.

According to Ford the GT with the performance package will out run the boss 302 on a road course. That's what I read from Ford.

The Autoweek car did not have the performance package ( body roll ). The article looked like a bunch of high school kids in the school parking lot. The 2014 rear end looks like a 4x4 in it's stance. I remember when the 2010 came out and all the previous owners hated the rear end style. Here we go again.

I like it so I bought one this week. When they first came out it didn't really excite me. The car has grown on me. Used the Xplan + rebate and now it's in my garage. This is one refined Mustang. The new interior makes my 2010 GT 500 interior look a little cheap.

According to Ford the GT with the performance package will out run the boss 302 on a road course. That's what I read and I don't drive mine on a track anyways.

Congratulations on your purchase, I hope you enjoy it thoroughly.

This is one refined Mustang. The new interior makes my 2010 GT 500 interior look a little cheap.

According to Ford the GT with the performance package will out run the boss 302 on a road course. That's what I read from Ford.

The interior of the GT500 IS cheap. Congrats and look forward to hearing more news about the 2015.

Ford finally got with it and now you can get paddle shifters with the 6 speed auto. In track mode this is no slush box. Rev matching and track mode with the traction control off makes for a hell of a lot of fun. Set the steering on sport and you have a 21 century sportscar ( independent rear suspension ). I bet they put this trans in the GT 350 . 90% of race cars have paddle shifters. From my experience once you have got used to this trans you will not go back. You can't even buy a stick shift in most sports cars over $70 K.

Oh and if I'm lazy I can just put it in normal mode and sit in traffic and yell @ the guy with his blinker on Lol.

Thanks Ford.

Now put it in the Shelby GT 350.

Just read on 1/12/15 the new Ford GT will get paddles shifters. Hoo Ray !!!

HI BB - bored? !!!

I've tried and tried to embrace the New look. Just can't get past the front end. (among other cues) It - just - sucks. Looks like so many other cars of all variations. Sorry, Ford. If I wanted New - I'd buy a Honda/Focus/Hyudai/Nissan/Jag/Toyota/whatever.

You must be looking @ the Roush mustang cause that front end is fugly. These tuners just keep adding crap where it doesn't belong. There is a ton on Ebay.

Archived