TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Canada West

VaporDude

Attention all Canadians.......

Have you been wanting to upgrade your Shelby GT500 to a Super Snake? Do you want your Raptor to be a Shelby Raptor? Are you looking for Shelby merchandise? Your wait is almost over. Shelby Canada West is almost ready to open their doors to the public.

The current Canadian Laws will not allow a vehicle to be shipped to the US, modified and returned to Canada due to the pollution standards are different in both countries. Soon, you can get your vehicle upgraded without having to ship your car to another country. Your vehicle will carry an authorized unique Canadian serial number for the Canadian Shelby registry. Packages that are offered in the US will be available in Canada as well.

Updates will be posted here and on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shelby-Canada-West/1492767800957926

Are you looking for a job? Are you enthusiastic? Are you a team player? Do you like working on Shelby cars and Raptors? Shelby Canada West is looking for Alberta Red Seal mechanics. Contact Jeff Yergovich at jeff@r-amotorsports.com for more information on a job opportunity in the world of Shelby.

If you are in the Fort Saskatchewan area, please come by and visit the Shelby Canada West store.

8598-112 St.

Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta t8l 3v8

You can also call 780-998-3911 for more information.

post-8484-0-25685900-1417317584_thumb.jpeg

The current Canadian Laws will not allow a vehicle to be shipped to the US, modified and returned to Canada due to the pollution standards are different in both countries.

VaporDude, it is great news that Shelby is coming to Canada. Just one thing that should be clarified about the above statement for all your potential Shelby customers. I think it would be good to avoid any misunderstandings, hard feelings or any other potential issues down the road.

- If you buy your car in the US and send it to Shelby or any mod shop for modifications prior to titling your car in Canada you can not bring your modified car back to Canada.

- if you buy your car in Canada and title it in Canada AND THEN you ship it to Shelby or any mod company in the US you can do whatever you want to your car. When your car comes back across the border you declare what you paid for said modifications and pay your GST taxes. You can then bring your car back into Canada without any issue.

Also, I'm pretty sure pollution standards are stricter in the US to begin with. We don't have any Smog check requirements here in Alberta like they do in Nevada or California.

Good luck on the new venture, may you have a ton of success.

QSS

SA lists 2 other mod shops in Canada for the Shelby owner who wants to take things to the next level

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/dealers.asp?type=modshops

expand2.png

Dale Adams Automotive

B2 - 7500 Macleod Trail SE
Calgary, AB T2H 0L9
Phone: 403-777-4777
and
691 Jack Ross Ave
Woodstock, ON N4V 1B7
Phone: 519-421-2291

- if you buy your car in Canada and title it in Canada AND THEN you ship it to Shelby or any mod company in the US you can do whatever you want to your car. When your car comes back across the border you declare what you paid for said modifications and pay your GST taxes. You can then bring your car back into Canada without any issue.

Admissible:

1999 TO 2015 All passenger car models are admissible except for those listed in the inadmissible column

The following models are also included as admissible:

2006 AND 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT-H (completed by Shelby)

2007 AND 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT (completed by Shelby)

2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR (completed by Shelby)

2007 TO 2015 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (manufactured by Ford)

2007 TO 2015 Ford Mustang GT (manufactured by Ford)

2012 TO 2014 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and Boss 302 Laguna Seca series

2012 TO 2015 Lincoln MKS, MKZ and MKZ Hybrid

2012 TO 2015 Fusion and Fusion Hybrid

Not admissible:

All other Ford vehicles modified by companies such as Saleen Performance Cars, Roush Industries and Shelby Industries are inadmissible.

You cannot send a Canadian car or raptor down to Shelby USA and then bring it back into Canada anymore... Unless you convert it back to stock at the border then re assemble it back in Canada...

You cannot send a Canadian car or raptor down to Shelby USA and then bring it back into Canada anymore... Unless you convert it back to stock at the border then re assemble it back in Canada...

I'm just curious, where did you get this information? I looked for it tonight on the RIV but I couldn't find it. It sounds like something you heard at the Shelby tour in Las Vegas but I'm nearly 100% sure that if you have the car already titled in Canada, you can mod the shit out of it in the US and bring it home no problem.

I've been dealing with cross border things for several years and I'd like to know where this change is outlined?

Thanks

QSS

I'm just curious, where did you get this information? I looked for it tonight on the RIV but I couldn't find it. It sounds like something you heard at the Shelby tour in Las Vegas but I'm nearly 100% sure that if you have the car already titled in Canada, you can mod the shit out of it in the US and bring it home no problem.

I've been dealing with cross border things for several years and I'd like to know where this change is outlined?

Thanks

QSS

I could be reading stuff wrong and there could be exceptions, here's the info I found...

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles-importation-faq-before-import-1278.htm

"Why is a modified vehicle no longer considered admissible for importation?"

Once modified (other than having general repairs or routine maintenance), the vehicle no longer maintains its original factory issued certification. This certification is required for importation into Canada. This also applies to Canadian certified vehicles modified in the United States and returning to Canada. For example:

• a motorcycle converted into trike,
  • a cargo van converted into a camper,
  • adding a suspension lift kit to a vehicle,
  • adapting a vehicle for disabled access,
  • lengthening a vehicle or
  • re-fitting a vehicle with a different body kit.

Be careful when buying modified vehicles to import into Canada. Make sure the vehicle modifier or final stage manufacturer has established that it complies with Canadian standards. You cannot import the vehicle into Canada without this proof.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/motorvehiclesafety/SafeVehicles/Importation/Usa/VAFUS/list2/FORD_MERCURY___LINCOLN.htm

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles-importation-index-443.htm

That all sounds about right and I agree with what you have above. I think my main point is that you don't buy your GT350 directly from Shelby in Vegas. Make sure you buy your Mustang here in Canada and title it in Canada then you send it so Shelby in Vegas for the GT350 package and you'll be fine.

The important point is "where the car was originally titled before it was modified". If it was titled in US first before going to Shelby then you try to bring it back to Canada, you're going to have problems. If it's titled in Canada first, then go crazy at Shelby or whomever.

There's also the section in the RIV that allows cars that are older than 15 years to come back with no issues as well. At one point the 2007 GT-H was inadmissible into Canada but if you waited 15 years you could have brought one back in 2022. How do I know this? There is a very long thread detailing he fact that I bought a 2007 GT-H a few years ago and I was not able to bring it across the border. I was actually prepared to wait the 15 years to bring my car home. Turns out I only had to wait about 9 months before things changed and I was able to bring the car home to Canada.

Trust me, I'm an expert on the (government rules for bringing Shelby's across the border) insanity and we all know that government policy can be a bastion for the madness :lol:

QSS

All this legal stuff is making my head spin. Anyway, they had a very successful grand opening this past Saturday. Thank you everyone for coming out to look at what they have going on in the shop and to see what they have in the store.

Search for Shelby Canada West on Facebook and click the like button.

All this legal stuff is making my head spin. Anyway, they had a very successful grand opening this past Saturday. Thank you everyone for coming out to look at what they have going on in the shop and to see what they have in the store.

Search for Shelby Canada West on Facebook and click the like button.

I am thinking of taking a roadie to Edmonton the weekend and was wondering what your hours are on weekends ??

I am thinking of taking a roadie to Edmonton the weekend and was wondering what your hours are on weekends ??

We stopped by on Saturday and had a great discussion with Lawayne and his staff. Good to have a Shelby resource close by.

http://driving.ca/ford/shelby/auto-news/news/canada-gets-its-first-full-service-shelby-dealership

Congrats. To all at this new amazing facility for us Canucks living so far away from Vegas.

It is a bold venture for sure,but one that is well past due,I just wish that it was a little further south and west of where it is!!!!

Lol,I'm just being selfish because I ive closer to Vancouver BC,a good 12-14 hours away from Fort Sasketchawen!

Anyway I think that this a great addition to us on the West coast,look forward to stopping by one day!

• 1 year later...

Shelby Canada West has relocated into their permanent facilities. You will be surprised how large the building is and great it looks. Here is the new address:

11226 88 Ave., Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta AB T8L 3W5

There will be a grand re-opening coming soon.

Archived