TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Star Wars - Episode 7 Hell Yeah!

I am a huge Star Wars (SW) fan and I just saw the teaser preview today. All I can say is, for me, the only thing that is any bigger than Shelby, is Star Wars! I am very excited to see the next installment. I have enjoyed all of them so far with no complaints. Like Mr. Shelby once said his favorite Shelby is the next one, I feel the same way regarding the Star Wars movies! How many of you on TS are SW fans, have seen the trailer and what are your thoughts about it? What are your thoughts regarding the SW universe? While all the car brand names Feel the Force Awaken from Ford and Shelby, so will all the movie audiences. Yahooo!

On a side note, I think of my 65 as my " Millennium Falcon " I am always tinkering with it and she may not look like much, but she's got where it counts.

Cool preview, thanks for letting us know.

Do you remember the Star Wars Episodes 7, 8 & 9 books by Timothy Zahn? Are they including them in the series or just skipping over them?

From what I read in other interviews/articles, it was mentioned that they would not follow the Timothy Zahn stories. Even though book 7 starts one month after Jedi, I thought they could have still worked it out. Those books where awesome! Some of the key players would have been cool to see on the big screen, but oh well. I have good faith that what ever they are doing, it will be just as good. One of my favorite characters from the book was Mare Jade, whom in the books, was actually a secret sith that the Emperor trained with out anyone knowing about her, including Darth Vader! I loved how the writer connected Luke and her together as enemies, then they became a couple. Also the fact that Mary Jade was suppose to assassinate Luke at the beginning of Jedi. That did not happen because of the change of events: the rescue of Han Solo. The fact that the writer's description of her made me watch Jedi at the beginning and Lord behold, she was there! If you never realized this, nor ever checked it out, then watch the scene when Jabba opens the floor out from Luke's feet. When you see the crowd looking down, check out the long red headed women wearing a red jumpsuit and a white belt. It was her! Anyways, I always thought that was slick what the writer did. With that, I do hope JJ uses some info from the books, but if not, I'm fine with it.

I wanted to bring up SW to not only make the announcement do to my excitement, but also because I relate SW to SAI. Even though both of them do not have the "MAN" in charge running the companies, the companies are working hard to keep the legacies going. To hear fans put down the present companies work because the head guy is not running it anymore just makes me wonder why. If some one dies or leaves, the legacy shouldn't either. And to folks who were there for the original stating that they were there and own up to the originals, talk down the existing companies work/products/blessings also make me scratch my head. I feel that I was fortunate to be able to grasp and honor the past; own a 65 GT350 clone and remember seeing the original SW, lived through the past recent years to see exciting new ideas and products and enjoy them for what they were whether people liked them or not; F150 SS or Focus and episodes SW 1 2 3. Most importantly, look forward to future products and ideas under new personnel; SVT Shelby GT350 and SW The Force Awakens! I am glad to be living these fantastic times, and I hope all of you feel the same way.

Unlike many, I enjoyed Episodes I, II, II as well as IV, V, VI. I always wished I had time to read the books and I intend to read them some day (I read the first two Boba Fett books actually).

Along with that, I highly enjoyed many Star Wars games. The Rebel Strike series and battlefront series used up hours of my time, but the story ones were very awesome. Bounty Hunter let you play the story of Jango Fett before the cloning project (and ultimately how he became involved), and of course in 2008 the Force Unleashed.

I haven't finished the Clone wars series but that's in there too.

2008 The Force was unleashed, 2015 the force will awaken. :rockon:

Den,

Good combination! You do know that George Lucas worked for Shelby in the 60's right? Carroll told a really cool story about little George when he was here a few years ago at the Boulder Shelby Museum. One of his best stories!

043.jpg

Den,

Good combination! You do know that George Lucas worked for Shelby in the 60's right? Carroll told a really cool story about little George when he was here a few years ago at the Boulder Shelby Museum. One of his best stories!

043.jpg

I never heard the story that Mr. Shelby told, but I have seen a picture of a young George Lucas sitting in the passengers seat of his friend's yellow Cobra as his friend sat in the drivers seat; It was Allen Grant! In case anyone didn't know, it was George Lucas's idea of having the Cobra and the F-100 tow vehicle to be painted yellow. And on a side note, I always wonder if yellow was Mr. Lucas's favorite color ie; The yellow 32' in American Graffiti.

as well I am a star wars fan.... the only thing bigger than my die cast collection. Is my star wars collection.... :hysterical2:

I have to many 3 3/4 figures and many ships.

Cool!

Unlike many, I enjoyed Episodes I, II, II as well as IV, V, VI. I always wished I had time to read the books and I intend to read them some day (I read the first two Boba Fett books actually).

Along with that, I highly enjoyed many Star Wars games. The Rebel Strike series and battlefront series used up hours of my time, but the story ones were very awesome. Bounty Hunter let you play the story of Jango Fett before the cloning project (and ultimately how he became involved), and of course in 2008 the Force Unleashed.

I haven't finished the Clone wars series but that's in there too.

2008 The Force was unleashed, 2015 the force will awaken. :rockon:

:victory:

Have you seen the 'George Lucas Special Edition' of the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng

Ha ha ha That was funny! You got to have a sence of humor to keep your sanity in this world. LOL Thank you for sharing.

Thought I would share this from The Colbert Report:

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/stephen-colbert-breaks-character-talk-star-wars-lightsaber-151500419.html

Pretty funny.

That was Great! Loved it! I remember seeing it at the movie theater, and I was only 3 yrs old. That's how much of an impression this movie had on me! I cannot, cannot, and cannot wait for this movie next year! :yahoo:

• 1 month later...

That was awesome. Made me tear up a little. You know, sometimes I get pissed because I don't have my job yet and cannot afford fixing my car up, or being able to buy a Shelby. Then when I see something like this, I think how much of a shmuck I am. It is really special when some one, whom for what ever reason has some kind of handicap or disability and another human steps up and does something so humanly kind! Makes me realize their a lot of good out there! Sorry for rambling, but thank you for sharing!

• 3 months later...

While definitely NOT worth and NOT going to hell for as the title of this topic suggests, but interesting to see what the Disneyland fantasy distraction crew are putting together for many people's favorite scifi fantasy franchise.

This movie has the making of being the largest opening, money maker of all time. Love the clips! I was not a big fan of episodes 1-3 (the middle ones), but this one has the making of bringing the original magic back.

Archived