TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Key Fob Issues For 2009 Shelby Cobra

Jennbell

I'm having a issue when I unlock my doors using the key fob. It unlocks the doors and turns the radio on. The fog lights no longer stay on (for a short period) but they flash and turn off. Any ideas before I spend $$$$ at the dealership? - Jenn

Go to your local Ford dealer, it will be easier and much less painful!

It could be a couple of different things. I remember there were issues with the radio staying on and causing a huge drain on the battery. It was an internal short with in the radio unit itself. As for the fog lights, sounds like it could be the headlight switch. I would also look for a wire issue. I have also seen worn wires and chewed through (gotta love the critters) wires. Also, check grounds. Look for corrosion where ground wires are. This too can cause alot of havoc with the electrical systems. Hope this helps.

Bud

I'm having a issue when I unlock my doors using the key fob. It unlocks the doors and turns the radio on. The fog lights no longer stay on (for a short period) but they flash and turn off. Any ideas before I spend $$$$ at the dealership? - Jenn

What happens when you unlock the Door with the Key? Is the Fog Light issue a separate issue from the Key Fob issue?

Archived