TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake Official Pricing

Amy made the announcement on this thread as to the cost and all the options and clairified the hood and rear end. It is all here in this thread and some others. I suggest you click on her name and then click on her posts so you can find all of her posts easly and quickly. That way you can read everything she has said about the package and then be fully informed. Thank you for reducing the very large blue font to a smaller size. It was just screaming at us, and we don't need that.

:) Rob

Big blue letters aren't scary :cry: .....$28,000 is scary! :drop:

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok folks here are a few of my thoughts after reading all this whining about cost....

I use to work for a custom sport truck, Hotrod & Street rod manufacture. We were a fleet dealer of New Ford, Chevy & Dodge p/u's. We removed the stock hoods, front & rear bumpers, headrest, Rims & tires, some suspension pieces & some we even took off the 5.4L intake so we could add a Roush S/C. After replacing all these items with new cool or high performance parts, repainted the bumper covers, hood, redoing the interior & added the labor cost, the cheapest package mark up was $12,500 & the high side for maximum options was $22,000. Then you had a vehicle that looked like this

post-768-1181132847_thumb.jpgpost-768-1181132896_thumb.jpg

and IMO this added no future value to a 40k truck by adding 22k worth of bling & 460 tire smoking horse power.

As far as getting your parts back or being credited for them, we took all of our take off parts, had to store them for 30+ days until we had 50 of each & then contact several bulk salvage dealers that sold take off parts & let them bid for them. Some things we got .50 cents on the dollar (stock rims/tires) to .10 cents on the dollar for things like stock intakes, suspension parts, head rest & etc..

This is why SAI doesn't give you a credit for these items. How many folks do you know that buy new take off parts? Few, if any. It makes more sense for them to return it to the owner & let them deal with it or save them for future collectors wanting to restore a car 20 years from now when these parts are not around like other real Shelby parts are today.

Now when you look at both the SAI packages (the limited 40th Anniversary or the 600/725hp Super Snake package) you can't go wrong. Either package will significantly ADD VALUE to your car, now & in the future over the stock GT500 because less of them were made. And when I compare the prices, do the math for parts & add labor, they have done us a favor that you haven't realized yet.

post-768-1181132847_thumb.jpg

post-768-1181132896_thumb.jpg

I know it's a lot of money for the ss pkg., but I think it is worth (although I still need more info and pics related to combining the 40th with it). I am on the list for both and I'm trying to figure a way to pay for it with cash. I recently bought a HUD home and fixed it up that I should net around $30,000 once it's sold. Although I told my wife I'd use it for her kitchen remodel, I think I'll divert the cash to for this instead. I hope my wife doesn't read this first though or I'll be having SAI throw in a dog house lol.

I know it's a lot of money for the ss pkg., but I think it is worth (although I still need more info and pics related to combining the 40th with it). I am on the list for both and I'm trying to figure a way to pay for it with cash. I recently bought a HUD home and fixed it up that I should net around $30,000 once it's sold. Although I told my wife I'd use it for her kitchen remodel, I think I'll divert the cash to for this instead. I hope my wife doesn't read this first though or I'll be having SAI throw in a dog house lol.

I highly advise not cheating your wife out of her new kitchen for your car upgrade. You might not ever be forgiven for that one! Treat your girl like a king....and the rewards are plenty. JMO. ;)

Guys and Gals,

I think some of us are loosing site of what’s going on here. Let’s put this SS package in perspective.

On one side you have bunch of Shelby enthusiast who want the best bang for their buck and on the other side you have Ford, SAI and all the other aftermarket parts suppliers working around the clock trying to get their piece of the SHELBY GT500 CASH COW.

I agree we have met some nice people on this site but remember they are still venders. They want to sell us their products. This is there job, They get paid for this. They are not our friends. They are not doing us any favors, (Remember Friends don’t charge for Favors)

The SS upgrade is probably a fair price for what you are getting. I don’t think SAI is going to rip anyone off. The solution is simple, if you can afford the SS package then buy it. If you can’t afford it then don’t buy it. Remember SAI is a business and they are in business to make money. They are also willing to sell individual parts from the SS package to those of us who decide not to get the complete package.

It is not my intention to insult anyone here. I just wanted to bring a few things to light.

Alan

Guys and Gals,

I think some of us are loosing site of what’s going on here. Let’s put this SS package in perspective.

On one side you have bunch of Shelby enthusiast who want the best bang for their buck and on the other side you have Ford, SAI and all the other aftermarket parts suppliers working around the clock trying to get their piece of the SHELBY GT500 CASH COW.

I agree we have met some nice people on this site but remember they are still venders. They want to sell us their products. This is there job, They get paid for this. They are not our friends. They are not doing us any favors, (Remember Friends don’t charge for Favors)

The SS upgrade is probably a fair price for what you are getting. I don’t think SAI is going to rip anyone off. The solution is simple, if you can afford the SS package then buy it. If you can’t afford it then don’t buy it. Remember SAI is a business and they are in business to make money. They are also willing to sell individual parts from the SS package to those of us who decide not to get the complete package.

It is not my intention to insult anyone here. I just wanted to bring a few things to light.

Alan

Thank you Alan! Very well said. I agree with you. I do think the SS package is expensive but I would buy it if I had the money. I believe it's worth it to have the best Shelby Mustang ever made and it would only go up in value.

I think the dog house would be the least of your worries.

I highly advise not cheating your wife out of her new kitchen for your car upgrade. You might not ever be forgiven for that one! Treat your girl like a king....and the rewards are plenty. JMO. ;)

Yes, or I think the SS will be part of a Divorce settlement, his wife might sell it cheap just to piss him off too. :hysterical2:

How do you know this? The thread does not state this.

Amy B's quote from May 13th-- from post #30 in the thread I linked to ....

".... We will have final art with final pricing very shortly and the SS will be at Tulsa

Amy".......(I added bold type for emphasis)

Can't wait to see the pics and even moreso >> the road test results!!

Now when you look at both the SAI packages (the limited 40th Anniversary or the 600/725hp Super Snake package) you can't go wrong. Either package will significantly ADD VALUE to your car, now & in the future over the stock GT500 because less of them were made. And when I compare the prices, do the math for parts & add labor, they have done us a favor that you haven't realized yet.

In my opinion you should not get a Super Snake Package believing that you will have a car that will increase in value, or even hold it’s value, or that it is a good investment. Cars, boats, motorcycles, etc… are almost always not a good investment. Even if they do increase in value it almost never offsets the maintenance and insurance costs. I would say if you can swing the cost for a Super Snake Package it is better to go into it with the mind-set that you can live with the expense without limitations and enjoy the car stress free. There is a chance, but no guarantee this car will ever increase, or hold it's value.

IMO - The only Shelby cars that have NOT gone up in value were made by Dodge (excluding the viper he did), every Ford that he has done has gone up in value including the GT-H that are currently selling at auctions for more than then they were sold to Hertz for.

There were only 500 Hertz Shelbys, they weren't made available to the public, which helps. The 2007 Shelby GTs can be bought for sticker price. There are 10,000 2007 GT500s and 7,000 to 10,000 more available for 2008. The quantity makes the GT500 less of a collectable than the exclusive 2006 Hertz. I believe the 2007/2008 GT500s must first increase in value over a long period of time before a 2007/2008 Super Snake will even hold it's value. Naturally I hope it does, but it wouldn't be smart to count on it.

I think the dog house would be the least of your worries.

Yes, or I think the SS will be part of a Divorce settlement, his wife might sell it cheap just to piss him off too. :hysterical2:

You guys are killing me....Let me clarify my earlier post. My wifes kitchen WAS completed last week and is paid for but I was going to use the proceeds to pay the $15,000 back to savings and the additional to pay for the 40th. Now I might just use all of the prceeds to pay for both packages. Really I'm just out the original 15k for her kitchen. Believe me when I say I have the BEST wife in the world!!!

You guys are killing me....Let me clarify my earlier post. My wifes kitchen WAS completed last week and is paid for but I was going to use the proceeds to pay the $15,000 back to savings and the additional to pay for the 40th. Now I might just use all of the prceeds to pay for both packages. Really I'm just out the original 15k for her kitchen. Believe me when I say I have the BEST wife in the world!!!

Raw: My wife gave me permission,... I mean agreed it might be nice to have the Super Snake Package also. It is a tough decision. It is already a powerful car and you can only do so much legally without going to a closed track and getting access to drive this car to it's capabilities anyway. Then there are a lot of things you can do with $30,000!..

We will just have to see how disco the show car looks. Hopefully it will be as tasteful as the original Super Snake? I think SAI has a great sense of tradition. Maybe I could stretch the Super Snake package installation out over 5 years? Take it in every year and add a new package part? :hysterical:

Raw: My wife gave me permission,... I mean agreed it might be nice to have the Super Snake Package also. It is a tough decision. It is already a powerful car and you can only do so much legally without going to a closed track and getting access to drive this car to it's capabilities anyway. Then there are a lot of things you can do with $30,000!..

We will just have to see how disco the show car looks. Hopefully it will be as tasteful as the original Super Snake? I think SAI has a great sense of tradition. Maybe I could stretch the Super Snake package installation out over 5 years? Take it in every year and add a new package part? :hysterical:

I agree, I really want to see what the finished product looks like. Pulling the string on 30k is tough, but I do think at some point in future we'll see the value. Question is...in our lifetime????? :rip:

What bothers me is that people are taking what is being said on a public forum as Gospel. Yes some information has come from the Pres of SAI, however, until it is stated on SAI letterhead it is not "official. And even then, it is still subject to change until a contract is signed for production between you and SAI. Only then are you locked into what you are getting and have a means to negotiate changes in the design that happen after you signed up for what you thought you were getting.

There is significant confusion with regards to what people on this form think SAI is going to build or offer to build or buy: 40th, 40/SS, KR, KR/SS, SS, just piece parts, partial conversion, and to top it off rumors of outside "dealers" assembling cars under contract and calling them SAI cars.

Now I don't have time to post 10,000 time to get some sense of credibility on this forum (funny how # of posts is the indicator of how smart or credible you are), but I can say from some past experiences of the evolution of new supercars that what appears to be happening, or perceived to be happening is a major step in the wrong direction. It should be you get a 40th - it's a 40th, you get a KR -it's a KR, you get a Super Snake - it's a Super Snake. You want 700+ on your 40th - Tough nooggies, or go see Kenne Bell. Allowing outside firms, such as TASCA to "assemble" a SAI car is two steps in the wrong direction.

Allowing everyone to have an opportunity to have the same features as each unique and ultra-rare version that is highly sought after makes the ultra rare, actually, ultra common.

I thought the original goal here was to recreate this generations version of yesteryears supercar. Maybe we all need to take a step back and remember what they did in the 60's and apply that same thought process to the 00's.

Sadly, I'm beginning to think profitability is more important than future integrity (and if you are reading between the lines - I'm not referring to the proposed price).

Now I don't have time to post 10,000 time to get some sense of credibility on this forum (funny how # of posts is the indicator of how smart or credible you are), ).

That is not how this forum operates.

I have been watching the back and forth and that is exactly why i posted what I posted!

Make it official, cross your I's and dot your T's and be done with it. Those who wish not to buy it, get over it.

Trying to appease everyone who want's, but cannot afford is a huge mistake that will ultimately affect those who can afford and feel that the exclusivity is not longer there.

Trying to appease everyone who want's, but cannot afford is a huge mistake that will ultimately affect those who can afford and feel that the exclusivity is not longer there.

I do not think any appeasing is going to happen. It is what it is. Take it or leave it.

Speed Racer,

I originally joined this forum so that I could see the pics. I don't post to forums too much because, people tend to equate # of posts to a level of knowledge/expertise. If that were the case, Southwest would let you fly thier planes for them after just 2 flights as an "A" group boarder.

Amy - Thank you for seeing these posts and putting some of this craziness to bed!

.......and yes I thinkI'm still gonna get one.

# of posts has nothing to do with anything. It's showing up on Day 1 and throwing a Sh** sandwich on the floor. There are better ways of joining and participating in a forum. Again, welcome and look forward to your "A" boarder comments.

Yeah like buy your wife a new Mustang GT instead

You want 700+ on your 40th - Tough nooggies, or go see Kenne Bell. Allowing outside firms, such as TASCA to "assemble" a SAI car is two steps in the wrong direction.

Allowing everyone to have an opportunity to have the same features as each unique and ultra-rare version that is highly sought after makes the ultra rare, actually, ultra common.

I thought the original goal here was to recreate this generations version of yesteryears supercar. Maybe we all need to take a step back and remember what they did in the 60's and apply that same thought process to the 00's.

I agree with these comments. I predict in the future that the KR will be more valuable and sought after than your precious Super Snake. Sorry! Let the flames begin!!

Did they say you get back all the original parts they take off or do they keep them??? I mean you could sell the parts yourself and get some of the 28K back. I am not going to say the package isn't worth the money but it looks like to me they looked at how much roush and saleen charge and just put a price out there close to theirs to justify the 28K You get a little more of a body kit on either a roush and saleen along with new seats and redone leather in the back. Ok I'll put on my flame suit now and get back to work.

I was offfered a level 3 Rousch (fully loaded) for $55,000 from a dealer when I was looking for my Shelby. I think the issue most of us have is that with the high ADMs we paid, this package becomes unaffordable unlike buying the Rousch brand new from the dealer fully loaded and still less money than the original Shelby purchase. It's really too bad. If the dealers had sold these at MSRP we could do things like the SS and the dealers still would have made money.

I do not think any appeasing is going to happen. It is what it is. Take it or leave it.

Thats what the lady said! :)

My point is that some of what is being offered is a result of communication between members here and Amy. I won't bother to point out any of them as they should be apparant.

At the same time, I am not bothered by advanced info being provided before its officially "published" and I prefer to believe the "original goal here" by Amy was to determine what the customer wanted and try to provide it. :)

Folks,

I believe that I owe a point of clarification here. I was the one who posted that:

1. The SS hood was going to be CF. That's EXACTLY what I was told it was going to be, but aparantly that has now changed. Was it changed due to the reaction of the package price? I don't know. Will the now FG hood envoke a lower price for the overall package? I don't think so, but it seems that the situtation is fluid and the price COULD change, but like I said it not likely that it will. Like Crispy and Robert Lane have stated, regardless of what I posted about the CF hood being the main culprit that added to the price, we must look at the indivdual components of the package as well as LABOR COSTS to have the SS package done.

2. I was the one who stated that I BELIEVED that I WAS TOLD that the CF hood was costing $8,000. And that price was DUE TO HIGH TOOLING COSTS combined with the low production numbers that prevented lower component cost that's normally created by higher volumes. AGAIN, I BELIEVE that's what I was told. I heard the figure of $8,000.00, but to be truthful, at the time I was being told that price, I was still in the process of absorbing the overall cost of the package and was not completely focused on that part of the conversation.

OPINION:

After crunching the numbers and comparing them with what I spent on my heavely modded 72' Bronco over the three years spent restomodding it, the $27,995.00 could, IMO be considered a deal.

PERSPECTIVE:

With regards to lowering the overall price from getting credits for your take off parts, the return is just not there. You would do better selling the orginal components at a swap meet of something like that, but I would not expect a cost reduction for take off parts. Saleen used to have a annual open house and car show where they sold hundreds of take off parts at about 40 cents on the dollar. They stopped doing that because they do better selling everything to a parts broker.

Archived