TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake Official Pricing

Amy ,

Thanks for the info . Any pics of the actual SS hood ? What are the over the top and side stripes going to look like on the coupe.

How long will the package be offered to us 07 owners. For some of us it will take some time to raise that kind of money....if you know what I mean. (sell off other cars ect.)

Thanks ,

George

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for understanding Guys....

On the wheels, we are testing all of them right now, but lower profile is better, and we need 10 inch in the back as well

We will offer this package of 07 and 08 Gt500 owners, there is no time limit, so no issues except the number. You can always put down a deposit to hold your spot and your number.

I will have pictures for you soon. We are finishing up the car now

Amy

On the wheels, we are testing all of them right now, but lower profile is better, and we need 10 inch in the back as well

We will offer this package of 07 and 08 Gt500 owners, there is no time limit, so no issues except the number. You can always put down a deposit to hold your spot and your number.

Amy

Amy, will there be a limited number produced for each model year or a total of limited cars btw. the 07 & 08's?

And how much is the deposit?

$27,995.00

+ 7.5% sales tax

$30,094.63

+ transportation cost there/back

$3?,???.??

Speed Racer,

I originally joined this forum so that I could see the pics. I don't post to forums too much because, people tend to equate # of posts to a level of knowledge/expertise. If that were the case, Southwest would let you fly thier planes for them after just 2 flights as an "A" group boarder.

Amy - Thank you for seeing these posts and putting some of this craziness to bed!

.......and yes I thinkI'm still gonna get one.

PhD Gofast,

While you may have joined this site for the "pics" many of us have joined for the free expression of thoughts and ideas about these great cars which we feel a great passion for. I think what Speed Racer was eluding to in his remarks was the fact that you telling all of us to "put a sock in it " is a bit nervy for someone who up till now hasn't participated much to these forums.

I also take exception to your expression "putting some of this crazyness to bed " We all have questions and about this package that we want answers to and this forum is our window of opportunity to express those questions and opinions. As it turns out the info about the cost was indeed accruate because the source of that info was a credible source. We also know that Amy reads this site which is why we post our questions and opinions.

I hope you understand where I'm comming from because I(we) do welcome any constructive contributions and hope in the future you will participate in that vane.

George

Amy

Thank you Amy! I know we all appreciate your information and responses to questions. And right now there are sooo many questions :banana piano:

Amy:

I (and as many others have expressed) appreciate you taking the time to keep us informed. We, as enthusiasts, are extremely passionate about these vehicles. I am sure you can sense the excitement and buzz on this site and in these threads. Trying to satisfy a very demanding group (anstriving for excellence isn't a bad thing) of people who are looking to create their "perfect" iteration of the Shelby GT500 SuperSnake is hard enough... without even getting into the economic constraints imposed on an operation looking to make a profit. I am sure these past weeks have also been very difficult for you, and your team. No....I am not buttering you up for a discount (although feel free to offer one if you like)... I just wanted to thank you for your (and your team's) time and effort. I can't to hear/see more about the SuperSnake package.

Ok...couldn't help myself...just one suggestion...use wider tires than 275's.

Tom

Okay, I think I read we get to keep all the parts. Any suggestions on how we get all that "STUFF" home. Hell, it'll be like havin a party at the salvage yard. 4 new SVT rims with tires, a supercharger, a hood, suspension, brakes, air intake, sway bars, exhaust system, and on and on. This should be interesting..........

Could you also provide pricing for the KR upgrade? If you are on the list for the Super Snake can you switch to the KR?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums, BAD SNAKE!!!

FYI, the only place you can order a KR is through the Ford dealer. You can then have it turned into a KR/SS at Shelby American. Just like when you order a GT500, you have to go through the Ford dealer, then have Shelby Modify it. Hope this helps!

Okay, I think I read we get to keep all the parts. Any suggestions on how we get all that "STUFF" home. Hell, it'll be like havin a party at the salvage yard. 4 new SVT rims with tires, a supercharger, a hood, suspension, brakes, air intake, sway bars, exhaust system, and on and on. This should be interesting..........

At that price, I don't think there will be that many spare parts laying around. Take away my ADM and I might have considered it. But I wouldn't want to drive it if I had 85-90K in it.

Locked in my place for the 40th package with power upgrade to 600hp to keep warrenty. I think the SS looks cool but I have the 40th year GT500 and want to take advantage of my exclusive year. The 40th package is nice but without the brakes and power upgrade it was mainly cosmetic. Now it provides everything that I would want for a vert. I believe it is a better package for the vert then coupe. Found a great way to ship car and probably will pick it up and trail back myself so I can carry the parts. Just waiting for a date which is coningent on finalizing the blower they will use.

I have a nice 5.4L F150 that would fit the S/C nicely, with a pulley package & a tune... ;)

Can someone point me to where it's said officially that verts can have the 600hp SS package? I'm 47 now and have bi-focals.

SS package is from 600HP-(over)700. You have a GT500 'Vert & order the SS, and you get (minimum) 600HP, just like the coupe...hope this helps.

Locked in my place for the 40th package with power upgrade to 600hp to keep warrenty. I think the SS looks cool but I have the 40th year GT500 and want to take advantage of my exclusive year. The 40th package is nice but without the brakes and power upgrade it was mainly cosmetic. Now it provides everything that I would want for a vert. I believe it is a better package for the vert then coupe. Found a great way to ship car and probably will pick it up and trail back myself so I can carry the parts. Just waiting for a date which is coningent on finalizing the blower they will use.

So who knows about the twin injected status?

I have a nice 5.4L F150 that would fit the S/C nicely, with a pulley package & a tune... ;)

SS package is from 600HP-(over)700. You have a GT500 'Vert & order the SS, and you get (minimum) 600HP, just like the coupe...hope this helps.

..what does it take to put the eaton 122 on a 5.4 F150??? I've got a friend that would buy mine if I got a replacement SC for my shelby, but neither of us has a clue how much else might be involved. Do you know of any sites with this info, or any resources??

thanks

John

Welcome to the forums, BAD SNAKE!!!

FYI, the only place you can order a KR is through the Ford dealer. You can then have it turned into a KR/SS at Shelby American. Just like when you order a GT500, you have to go through the Ford dealer, then have Shelby Modify it. Hope this helps!

Your right crispy23, by bad. I just reread the June 07 Motor Trend on the Super Snake and I think a lot of us got caught off guard with the new price.

The article says, pricing had not been set at press time but expect to pay around $10K for the upgrade.

I'm starting to like my Shelby just like it is............paid for.

..what does it take to put the eaton 122 on a 5.4 F150??? I've got a friend that would buy mine if I got a replacement SC for my shelby, but neither of us has a clue how much else might be involved. Do you know of any sites with this info, or any resources??

thanks

John

Not off the top, John. I was just thinking aloud.....they both have 5.4s, so I thought that it could be a possibility with the proper pulley set-up & a custom tune. Then I thought...who makes S/C packages for F150s with 5.4 L engines? Doesn't Ford??? So, I think it would be a possibility, but I have not researched it yet. After all, why should I deprive my truck if I have an S/C laying around??? :hysterical2:

........I just reread the June 07 Motor Trend on the Super Snake and I think a lot of us got caught off guard with the new price....article says, pricing had not been set at press time but expect to pay around $10K for the upgrade......

Well, never believe Motor Trend. They are wrong more than they are right. Somewhere, on some thread (when M/T came out with that number), I said it was bogus.

The S/C on the SS alone costs $6,000. Wheels & Tires must be around $6-8k. So, you are already at $12-$14k with out anything else (brakes, exhaust, rear end, custom body work, interior mods, serial #s, etc, etc, etc), not to mention all the additional labor for all those extras.

And that's why I thought that the M/T number was as far off as it gets...

Oh yea I see what you mean. Even those that payed MSRP are looking at a 80,000 dollar mustang. That's a lot of dough for a car. By my income level anyway...

Amy indicated only 275 rear tire width?? That is disappointing....considering the hookup behavior with my stock 285's at stock HP, I truly expected the SS to require at least 305's or 315's rear tires to handle the extra giddyup.

ouch $28K means $31K with tax. :banghead:

Total inclusive of my car the SS puts me at $81K, so it is not going to happen. At $18K - $20K I was on board all the way for 600hp version preserving the warranty, but I can't hack the extra $10K above that.

I will probably do several SS pieces individually, like suspension + blower upgrade....... maybe the SS wheels depending on price, and especially if the SS wheels are wider carrying wider rubber to handle the extra power....

Really impressed with SU website, it is THE authoritative source-- thanks for getting the word out Son of GT.

Hi Amy,suppose I have the KR,...what will the upgrade cost be for the SS pkg, surely not 28k? As I will already have some of the pieces of the SS pkg already on the KR, right?! Also will you offer any credit to the new stock parts your taking off our cars,as I will have no use for them,and a credit would be very cool by SAI, as it would surely make it more affordable for more folks. :shades: Also Amy, Whats the official date when we all can see a full-on SS pkg. on a GT500 in person,...When? Where? and What show? I know its early but, one more very important question, When can we expect to see some "Real road course and track times" as well as some real dyno numbers? As I am sure this will definitely help sell the pkg. :shades: thanks, John

I have a few questions for the board:

1. Has a east coast installer been finalized?

2. If we purchased SAI parts (CAI, suspension etc.) and have then installed by an authorized dealer, will the warranty still be valid?

Unfortunately, I will be unable to purchased the entire SS package. This would be my only option (for now). Thank you for your attention in this matter.

That means "un-Limited". :doh:

stop, right now we have 10 on the list. and I dont think it will hit more then 300 for 07. It's open, but I really don't think it will matter

Amy

Archived