TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake Official Pricing

In retrospect, I should not have said that it's the OFFICAL PRICE because I do not work for SAI. What I should have stated was that the offical price for the SS package will be announced to be $27,995.00. However, having said that, the pricing information came directly from the source and unless there is some radical change to the package between now and the time that the OFFICAL announcement is made by SAI, the price of $27,995.00 is accurate.

If your information came directly from "the source", then why hasn't this information been made available to all of us from the source? No disrespect intended, I just don't understand why anyone would be doing this.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your information came directly from "the source", then why hasn't this information been made available to all of us from the source? No disrespect intended, I just don't understand why anyone would be doing this.

Blayne,

No disrespect taken yet, but please define your question about "why anyone would be doing this?" Doing what? Posting the price? Please explain and then I will respond accordingly.

Thank you.

Blayne,

No disrespect taken yet, but please define your question about "why anyone would be doing this?" Doing what? Posting the price? Please explain and then I will respond accordingly.

Thank you.

OK, your stating an exact price. Isn't stating an exact price from SAI a little premature? I say from SAI because you do say the source. Has the testing of the TVS mods SAI is planning to do such as the custom tune been completed? I thought pricing was still to be determined because there was not enough information available to SAI yet.

Man this is getting ugly quick. I was hoping that the price would come closer to 20 grand then 30 grand.

I understand everyone's information and reason for posting it. This is one thing that makes this site great is the sharing of information. Nothing bad or really negative has been posted except that many man not be able to purchase it for that price considering that the 40th Package was 12 grand.

Man this is getting ugly quick. I was hoping that the price would come closer to 20 grand then 30 grand.

I understand everyone's information and reason for posting it. This is one thing that makes this site great is the sharing of information. Nothing bad or really negative has been posted except that many man not be able to purchase it for that price considering that the 40th Package was 12 grand.

I figured that since the 40th was just under 12,000 the SS might be close to double that .....20-24,000 ( which is alot but reasonable ) Just under under 30,000 makes it a very questionable value. IMO

For those who payed a 20,000 ADM this would make it a 100,000 Mustang .......??? see what I mean ?

thats another important question cause if we get the package knowing there will only be a few made and then they say there will be another 5000 made I would be upset!

Would you be upset if they said they were going to make 500 of them and you were number 501 on the list ?

I say offer as many as they can sell. 2 months ago Amy told me that anyone who wanted one could buy one! 07 and 08 GT500 owners both.

OK, your stating an exact price. Isn't stating an exact price from SAI a little premature? I say from SAI because you do say the source. Has the testing of the TVS mods SAI is planning to do such as the custom tune been completed? I thought pricing was still to be determined because there was not enough information available to SAI yet.

The testing issue that you are refering to is in regards to whether or not Ford Racing's claim that the Supercharger will indeed get to 725 H.P. as they are saying it will. That testing is indeed still in progress, and has not been established.

The pricing information that was given to me was given to me with complete disclosure about the testing issue, because I asked if there was going to be a lower price for those who only want the lower H.P. package. That's when I was advised about the ongoing testing and also advised that the package was only going to be one price no matter what the H.P. is, because the H.P. can/will be adjusted through the tune after the customer takes the car home, just like my SGTSC. It was delivered to me with 462 smog legal H.P. but with the Diablo tuner in the trunk for me to do whatever I wanted to do with it after I left SAI. As soon as I felt that the engine was ready for it, I changed the H.P. to the max of 485 H.P. and that's where it stands.

I use the word "source" in order to be respectful of the person giving me the information in advance, but I'm sure you can figure out where my information is coming from. And you must also accept that there are different levels of relationships that may have been established many years before the GT500 and stangsunleashed ever exsisted and that perhaps those relationships are a factor in the information being posted by some of us here. You have been critical of my early information postings in the past, and my only response to that is if you do not like what I post, then ignore me and move on to the next thread. However, with the exception of my SS pricing misquote that I have since acknowleged and apologized for, the majority of my "advanced information" postings have been accurate and true. The $28,000 price is bound to bug and deject some people, but please don't "kill the messinger" just because they have information that some people are bugged about hearing. I did not establish the price, I'm just sharing it with MY FRIENDS here.

The testing issue that you are refering to is in regards to whether or not Ford Racing's claim that the Supercharger will indeed get to 725 H.P. as they are saying it will. That testing is indeed still in progress, and has not been established.

The pricing information that was given to me was given to me with complete disclosure about the testing issue, because I asked if there was going to be a lower price for those who only want the lower H.P. package. That's when I was advised about the ongoing testing and also advised that the package was only going to be one price no matter what the H.P. is, because the H.P. can/will be adjusted through the tune after the customer takes the car home, just like my SGTSC. It was delivered to me with 462 smog legal H.P. but with the Diablo tuner in the trunk for me to do whatever I wanted to do with it after I left SAI. As soon as I felt that the engine was ready for it, I changed the H.P. to the max of 485 H.P. and that's where it stands.

I use the word "source" in order to be respectful of the person giving me the information in advance, but I'm sure you can figure out where my information is coming from. And you must also accept that there are different levels of relationships that may have been established many years before the GT500 and stangsunleashed ever exsisted and that perhaps those relationships are a factor in the information being posted by some of us here. You have been critical of my early information postings in the past, and my only response to that is if you do not like what I post, then ignore me and move on to the next thread. However, with the exception of my SS pricing misquote that I have since acknowleged and apologized for, the majority of my "advanced information" postings have been accurate and true. The $28,000 price is bound to bug and deject some people, but please don't "kill the messinger" just because they have information that some people are bugged about hearing. I did not establish the price, I'm just sharing it with MY FRIENDS here.

Good information, thank you.

Good information, thank you.

You are very welcome Blayne. Thank you for the "Thank you". Please know that I'm just here trying to help, not to bug anyone with my postings, but I also realize that sometimes you just have to post and take that fallout accordingly.

I'm just here trying to help, not to bug anyone with my postings, but I also realize that sometimes you just have to post and take that fallout accordingly.

Your help is appreciated, keep up the good posts and don't give you password to SCGT500. That's how I got a bad wrap! :hysterical:

I figured that since the 40th was just under 12,000 the SS might be close to double that .....20-24,000 ( which is alot but reasonable ) Just under under 30,000 makes it a very questionable value. IMO

For those who payed a 20,000 ADM this would make it a 100,000 Mustang .......??? see what I mean ?

Oh yea I see what you mean. Even those that payed MSRP are looking at a 80,000 dollar mustang. That's a lot of dough for a car. By my income level anyway...

ILSTANG, Son of GT, KingCobra;

Any mention of the number of SS packages to be produced for each model year?

The 40th package is limited by the number of 2007s, the SS package will be limited by the number of people that can afford it. I believe SAI is trying to give all of us that own the GT 500 Shelby an opportunity to have access to any current or future modifications. They are on our side and loyal to everyone that buys their products. Be happy you own their product because there are few companies that support owners like SAI. I have never seen the president of Ford respond to consumers. Amy is always there for us.

The 40th package is limited by the number of 2007s, the SS package will be limited by the number of people that can afford it. I believe SAI is trying to give all of us that own the GT 500 Shelby an opportunity to have access to any current or future modifications. They are on our side and loyal to everyone that buys their products. Be happy you own their product because there are few companies that support owners like SAI. I have never seen the president of Ford respond to consumers. Amy is always there for us.

I agree.

Many months ago when they said they were doing the 40th Anniversary package I asked for different packages (or price points) kinda like what ROUSH offers. IMO SAI is doing just that.

40th Anniversary appearence package for 2007 cars only = $11,250 Coupes/$12,499 Converts

600/725HP Super Snake Package for a limited amount of 2007/2008 cars = $27,999

40th Anniversary package added to the Super Snake Package = $500 (S.W.A.G.)

or

pick from SAI list of individual parts for the KR, Super Snake or 40th Anniversary Package

Not that this was ever in my budget anyway, but I could buy a nice new Mustang GT for a daily driver for the same price as these upgrades and the $8,000 figure that's being thrown around for this hood is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. I don't care what it's made of. IMO, there is no such thing as an $8,000 hood. There is no reason the aftermarket can't offer something comparable for $800-$1200. True, it wouldn't be Shelby, but these prices are only for the rich and famous. I'm much to poor.

I agree.

Many months ago when they said they were doing the 40th Anniversary package I asked for different packages (or price points) kinda like what ROUSH offers. IMO SAI is doing just that.

40th Anniversary appearence package for 2007 cars only = $11,250 Coupes/$12,499 Converts

or

pick from SAI list of individual parts for the KR, Super Snake or 40th Anniversary Package

At this point I will have to see some pics of the actual production version of the SS and a list with pics of the production parts that will be used (ie : brakes, hood, wheels super charger ,ect.) before I would comitt to purchase.

Also I would like to know the time limit of the availability of this package.

Not that this was ever in my budget anyway, but I could buy a nice new Mustang GT for a daily driver for the same price as these upgrades and the $8,000 figure that's being thrown around for this hood is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. I don't care what it's made of. IMO, there is no such thing as an $8,000 hood. There is no reason the aftermarket can't offer something comparable for $800-$1200. True, it wouldn't be Shelby, but these prices are only for the rich and famous. I'm much to poor.

This is why they will be done on only a few cars, but that is good for car shows and those of us that want something unique. Be happy you have something most others would die for and let the few of us that want something even more unique have these modifications. People are paying $10s of millions for paintings these days and you cannot even drive um!

Thanks for the info.

I do recall however that in the early stages of the SS talk that it was stated the total produced would be limited, while the parts for one to mod for themselves would be available.

So hopfully there is a cap on the number to be made. I thought the early info said it would be less than the KR.

Well thats my 2 cents.

Well, if SAI has leaked the SS package price to see what kind of reaction there is, then let me weigh in since I'm surrently on the SS list:

:spend: While the package would be great and is something that I can afford, it just isn't worth $28K plus shipping IMHO. :spend:

:headspin: I'm sure that some of you will still pull the trigger, but I won't be one of them. The Shelby name is cool, but it's not that cool. :headspin:

:hysterical2: I wonder how many of the 800 names on the list will disappear once deposits are required? :hysterical2:

I agree.

or

Yes, I totally agree. Choices for everyone. Scale it up to what you like. Buy the package or buy the accessories.

Honestly, you cannot expect SAI to lose money on tooling for such a limited model. If they did that, they would be out of business in no time. I would not expect them to sell a boatload of these, nor should they. This isn't a run-of-the-mill name on the car, it's the legendary SuperSnake name. The One of One name. A historically kick-arse name.

I'm sure all you Shelby afficionados (and non-afficionados) can appreciate just what the name means. On a scale of 1-10, this is 11. Hot & spicey? Burn down the barn. If it were a lizard, it would be Godzilla. It's bold & bad & pissed off.

SAI should not downgrade the package, nor cheapen the price. Relative to the 'other' tuner package just announced, it's a good deal. Not cheaper, but a good deal.

I know a few might disagree, and that's okay. For the others that understand and agree with what I mean, cool. It's just my opinion, after all...and everyone has one of those ;)

Yes, I totally agree. Choices for everyone. Scale it up to what you like. Buy the package or buy the accessories.

Honestly, you cannot expect SAI to lose money on tooling for such a limited model. If they did that, they would be out of business in no time. I would not expect them to sell a boatload of these, nor should they. This isn't a run-of-the-mill name on the car, it's the legendary SuperSnake name. The One of One name. A historically kick-arse name.

I'm sure all you Shelby afficionados (and non-afficionados) can appreciate just what the name means. On a scale of 1-10, this is 11. Hot & spicey? Burn down the barn. If it were a lizard, it would be Godzilla. It's bold & bad & pissed off.

SAI should not downgrade the package, nor cheapen the price. Relative to the 'other' tuner package just announced, it's a good deal. Not cheaper, but a good deal.

I know a few might disagree, and that's okay. For the others that understand and agree with what I mean, cool. It's just my opinion, after all...and everyone has one of those ;)

I completely agree that the SS will be a barn burning Godzilla. There is no doubt about it.

So are you going to get the SS package or just some Shelby SS parts, crispy23c?

I agree.

The price is initially an eye opener. However I was a 40th listee and changed immediately to the Super Snake as soon as it was announced.

The modifications SAI have announced will make this car a super car. The engine hp has been the focus but the brakes and handling package will make this car quite the car Mr Shelby envisaged from the beginning. The GT500 is a production car, scaled back for production and cost reasons. The Super Snake is the car that was originally conceived and those lucky enough to have one, drive one, will be driving the legend.

There will never be another Ford super muscle car - it is political suicide to follow this path and Ford execs and designers have confirmed this to me.

This is the last of an era. A real Mustang almost hand built by SAI.

Yes the collectability will be quite something, but I can't see the limited number that will be produced changing hands for some time.

Production will be as limited as those who see the value, the total value, of the package.

Those who want a hot rod can go to Roush or Saleen or any of the do up people and their cars will go fast.

Those who have always wanted a genuine Shelby limited edition performance car will pay the premium.

That's me included. And we get US .70cents for one NZ dollar!

I will pay the price and this car will be driven. (not stored away to look at or show)

I just want one Mr Shelby - please tell me when.

This is why they will be done on only a few cars, but that is good for car shows and those of us that want something unique. Be happy you have something most others would die for and let the few of us that want something even more unique have these modifications. People are paying $10s of millions for paintings these days and you cannot even drive um!

I understand this will be good for some of you. The implication that the cost was driven up due to an 8k hood is what is unbelievable to me. I knew the package wasn't in my budget at 18k or 28k, but I figured I'd at least get the hood. I'm just dumbfounded by this. If that hood cost 8 grand, I need to start making hoods. I don't mean to run anyone down for paying for the package. Hell, if I could maybe I'd consider even if I do think it's too much. I just find it impossible to believe that the hood is the reason for the cost being so high. Surely someone from SAI isn't going to come on here and tell us this hood cost $8,000.

I agree.

The price is initially an eye opener. However I was a 40th listee and changed immediately to the Super Snake as soon as it was announced.

The modifications SAI have announced will make this car a super car. The engine hp has been the focus but the brakes and handling package will make this car quite the car Mr Shelby envisaged from the beginning. The GT500 is a production car, scaled back for production and cost reasons. The Super Snake is the car that was originally conceived and those lucky enough to have one, drive one, will be driving the legend.

There will never be another Ford super muscle car - it is political suicide to follow this path and Ford execs and designers have confirmed this to me.

This is the last of an era. A real Mustang almost hand built by SAI.

Yes the collectability will be quite something, but I can't see the limited number that will be produced changing hands for some time.

Production will be as limited as those who see the value, the total value, of the package.

Those who want a hot rod can go to Roush or Saleen or any of the do up people and their cars will go fast.

Those who have always wanted a genuine Shelby limited edition performance car will pay the premium.

That's me included. And we get US .70cents for one NZ dollar!

I will pay the price and this car will be driven. (not stored away to look at or show)

I just want one Mr Shelby - please tell me when.

I was going for the SS package, but after talking to John.

I am going with the 40th package with the upgraded brakes and the 600 + HP.

This one should be the most collectable in time especially in convertible.

Reason being is that only the 07 can only be the 40th. The SS is offered to 07 and 08s.

Also this package of the 40th is basically the same package as the SS with different wheels and hood.

Archived