TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake Official Pricing

This is Amy's post from 2 days ago....looks like no RUMORS to me, price is same if passes and all is O.K. no one here has heard that it did'nt pass and/or change except for conversations on phone with other employees, looks like they should have a meeting with Amy to know what both hands are doing?

one day after Amy's post??

You twisted Amy's quote and added words, look at the quote (AMY) above from July 31st at 2:12PM 2 days ago.

BS! I did not twist the quote and I did not add a single word. I will add the link to the direct quote on the SAI forum when I have the time.

This is the problem with SAI. It depends on what day it is and who you're talking to. You rarely get the same answer twice to the same question. I was told by John W, while I was visiting SAI in early June, that there would be two different superchargers. Then Amy says one, then maybe two , then one. SAI calls me this week and says a different S/C for the 725hp car. I'm not creating the confusion, I'm only reporting it!

As promised the link:

Quote from SAI Forum

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, let me tell you what the choices are and what the issues are.

I tell you everything up to the second. I will re-evaluate that.

I have said that there is a FFRP blower that we announced, it will do 600-725hp, read the press release. It is being tested. If for any reason it is not passed or doesn't make the HP, we will go with another blower at the 725 level. If I have to do that I will need to change the drive shaft and other parts. If that happens it will be more $$$

I am not forcing anyone to leave a deposit. wAdrian calls, and she tells the customers that th3 725 is not set, because we are still testing. You can leave a deposit or not, totally up to you.

So, in the future, I will make sure, no $$$ or parts or pieces are posted by me until we offically post these items. You cant have it both ways.I give you up to the minute what is happening at shelby, nothing is offical till we post it. But if I tell you I am working on stuff, you should take that for what it is....I am working on stuff. You either want inside info, or you can wait to decide when it is officallly published. Totally up to you.

You know, I answer all emails or PMs I see, I do my best to keep you updated, even somtimes forgeting my own site. If your going to continue to beat me up on stuff I have to repeat over and over, whats the sense. You get info from me, that is one step better then a dozen other sites, or atleast it should be.

For those who felt the need to explain, thank you, for those upset that the info is not exactly the same by all my staff, that is because they will not finalize the 725 till we know which blower. BUT again, if the 600 and 725 are FFRP, then the price is the same.

amy

Guys, let me tell you what the choices are and what the issues are.

I tell you everything up to the second. I will re-evaluate that.

I have said that there is a FFRP blower that we announced, it will do 600-725hp, read the press release. It is being tested. If for any reason it is not passed or doesn't make the HP, we will go with another blower at the 725 level. If I have to do that I will need to change the drive shaft and other parts. If that happens it will be more $$$

I am not forcing anyone to leave a deposit. wAdrian calls, and she tells the customers that th3 725 is not set, because we are still testing. You can leave a deposit or not, totally up to you.

So, in the future, I will make sure, no $$$ or parts or pieces are posted by me until we offically post these items. You cant have it both ways.I give you up to the minute what is happening at shelby, nothing is offical till we post it. But if I tell you I am working on stuff, you should take that for what it is....I am working on stuff. You either want inside info, or you can wait to decide when it is officallly published. Totally up to you.

You know, I answer all emails or PMs I see, I do my best to keep you updated, even somtimes forgeting my own site. If your going to continue to beat me up on stuff I have to repeat over and over, whats the sense. You get info from me, that is one step better then a dozen other sites, or atleast it should be.

For those who felt the need to explain, thank you, for those upset that the info is not exactly the same by all my staff, that is because they will not finalize the 725 till we know which blower. BUT again, if the 600 and 725 are FFRP, then the price is the same.

amy

thanks amy its real cool to have someone like you to answer our ?'s.. i'm on the list and i totally put my trust in mr. shelby.. for those of you that don't like the mods stop your cryin and say no to one of the hottest car on the road..

I give you up to the minute what is happening at shelby....

YES, Amy pls keep posting the raw data/preliminary project info on this site ........ I DON'T want to have to wait to read it in Motor Trend or some other homogenized glossy.

Really looking forward to seeing any comparison road test/ lap time data on the SSnake vs. stock GT500...i hope those comparos will come in time.

Amy B./ info and related topic constitutes 90% of the reason I log onto this site every day!!!! (uh, more like20 - 30 times/day :chairshot: ) I've got browser links to the Ask Amy page and another to SuperSnake page on this forum.....Some can't stand prosperity.....I like prosperity!

How many Porsche websites is Pres. Peter Schwarzenbauer posting to, trading comments with Joe sixpack in Toledo? or equivalent position representing Steve Saleen, McLaren, Jack Roush, Penske, Ganassi ?

.......it should be obvious to all that the supersnake is a work in progress, which I am sure is frustrating to those that like to have everything tied down tightly. But I think all should relax, and trust that if the higher hp version has a price increase (for logical reasons) SAI is not gonna use that as an excuse to rape the buyer. You are basically going to get your money's worth. If the extra cost is really going to drive you into a bad financial state, this is not a purchase you should really do anyway. or just go with the lower hp version.

I just wish I didn't have so many expenses coming up over the next few years (anyone want to adopt my two boys and complete their college educations???) so I could lock into the supersnake. It looks to be a great mod, and all of you who are getting one are very fortunate.

I spoke with doug yesterday about the SS package because I could not get a hold of Adrienne. I already sent my deposit for fear of losing my place in line. I asked doug about the dash plaque and he said it would be a stamp of carrol's signature and not a real one for the SS and if I wanted a real one I could purchase it seperately, I guess the 28,000 doesn't cover the cost of a real signature. He also told me that now they were doing block off plates instead of Quarter window scoops WTF. I didn't sing up for that I was expecting the scoops. I'm not trying to create any rumors whatsoever this is what I'm being told from SAI staff. Doug said there was stuff he just couldn't give me a definitive answer on, and that I would have to speak with John W. I appreciate all that SAI, Amy, and the staff are doing I just think it would be a good idea for everyone that is giving info on this were on the same page. Oh yea, almost forgot Doug also said they would probably be changing the diff and not the whole rear?

I spoke with doug yesterday about the SS package because I could not get a hold of Adrienne. I already sent my deposit for fear of losing my place in line. I asked doug about the dash plaque and he said it would be a stamp of carrol's signature and not a real one for the SS and if I wanted a real one I could purchase it seperately, I guess the 28,000 doesn't cover the cost of a real signature. He also told me that now they were doing block off plates instead of Quarter window scoops WTF. I didn't sing up for that I was expecting the scoops. I'm not trying to create any rumors whatsoever this is what I'm being told from SAI staff. Doug said there was stuff he just couldn't give me a definitive answer on, and that I would have to speak with John W. I appreciate all that SAI, Amy, and the staff are doing I just think it would be a good idea for everyone that is giving info on this were on the same page. Oh yea, almost forgot Doug also said they would probably be changing the diff and not the whole rear?

This is why I won't put down a non-refundable deposit without having the deal in writing first. I want to know what my money is paying for. More power to SAI if they can get people to drop this kind of money without any guarantees, but my money will stay where it's at until I have a finalized list of components. If I miss the boat, so be it. That dissapointment will be a lot easier to manage than the dissatisfaction of the final, expensive product. FLAME SUIT ON!

we are sending out emails with all the info.

the block off plates and the scoops are available. Doug is not on the SS or the 40th, so he doesnt have all the new info. The rear is already changed in the 3:73 the diff might have to be changed, that is not finalized yet. the dash badges are the same as all the finished cars we do, its not about $$$, this is about being consistant with all cars done by SAI. Also, many dont like the inconsistancy of carroll's signature, so if he had to sign 1000 plates, I didn't want any issues.

Amy

we are sending out emails with all the info.

the block off plates and the scoops are available. Doug is not on the SS or the 40th, so he doesnt have all the new info. The rear is already changed in the 3:73 the diff might have to be changed, that is not finalized yet. the dash badges are the same as all the finished cars we do, its not about $$$, this is about being consistant with all cars done by SAI. Also, many dont like the inconsistancy of carroll's signature, so if he had to sign 1000 plates, I didn't want any issues.

Amy

thanx for replying Amy, I don't mind the inconcinstancy, will it be possible to have it done by him that was pretty important for me? I thought all along he would be signing them.

thanx for replying Amy, I don't mind the inconcinstancy, will it be possible to have it done by him that was pretty important for me? I thought all along he would be signing them.

He can't sign the plate, but you can have him sign somewhere on the car for a small donation to the charity, let Adrian know when you place your order

Amy

He can't sign the plate, but you can have him sign somewhere on the car for a small donation to the charity, let Adrian know when you place your order

Amy

i asked adrianne if he could sign my glove box when the car was there and was told i would have to

still send it to the charity. 1 question i had AMY was is there going to be any kind of deal on shipping the cars

thank you jeff

i asked adrianne if he could sign my glove box when the car was there and was told i would have to

still send it to the charity. 1 question i had AMY was is there going to be any kind of deal on shipping the cars

thank you jeff

Jeff, the issue is that if the cars are here and CArroll is here, he can sign it, if he isnt then its better to send the glove box to the charity for signature.

we are working on a shipping deal as well, will have more soon

Amy

• 1 month later...

True ...but not any different than if you put on a Kenne Bell, Whipple, etc ...you get the warranty on the parts, but no Ford warranty if there's a problem with anything affected by the s/c, etc. ...unless it's been certed by Ford.

You can always get the warranteed SS-600 and kick it up later if you like. Even if SA goes with a different piece on the SS-725, the TVS has plenty left in it to pulley and tune, imo. ...just a thought.

Dan

Archived