TEAM SHELBY FORUM

American Muscle Shelby Alcoa Wheels

bill.50

I have taken a look at them,but I really don't think that they look much like the "real" Alcoas in similarities for their looks!

They seem to be a cross of different styles already out there,I certainly don't think that they are anything to get excited about,not wanting to diss them in anyway,but if you like them it is certainly an option for you to consider!

Surprised to see them using Shelby name.

Why? It says they are licensed by Shelby.

I'm more surprised to see they're using the Alcoa name because they are NOT licensed by Alcoa, who actually holds the patent on them.

Phill

Actually, the ad doesn't say "-Style" and I'm surprised Shelby and Alcoa would let them make competitive look-alike wheels.

Well, since neither Shelby OR Alcoa still sell the SS style wheels, there's really no "competition" so AM isn't taking money out of either's pockets.

But I believe AM is saying these are licensed by Shelby, which would mean they are paying SA royalties for each unit sold.

Phill

Actually, the ad doesn't say "-Style" and I'm surprised Shelby and Alcoa would let them make competitive look-alike wheels.

You may need to look harder at the ad, the title clearly states

Shelby Alcoa Style

and in the product features and description of the wheel pages

Shelby Alcoa Styling. Now you can have the elegant styling of the Shelby Alcoa Super Snake wheel for your very own late model S197 Mustang. Officially licensed though Shelby this Alcoa Style Super Snake wheel features a split 5 spoke design with the "Shelby" name embossed on the edge of the lip for an impressive appearance that will be sure to turn heads.

Also the center caps has AmericanRacing on the cap, my guess is American Racing is making the wheels and using the Shelby name, like they are doing with the Razors.

They must have Shelby's approval for these wheels,otherwise why would the wheels have Shelby on them,a risky move if not!!!!

I also wonder how the new Shelby Venice wheel is doing for sales,with such a steep price and still not the classic style of the Alcoas.

For me,and I know many people have an issue of the resell price of them today,that the Alcoas are still probably still the most iconic and awesome looking wheel to ever go on a mustang!!!!

I should know because I bought and put on 6 different wheel makes and styles,only to be disappointed with the look of the car each time they were put on,but then the Alcoas were bought and put on...............I was in love after that!!!!!!!

They must have Shelby's approval for these wheels,otherwise why would the wheels have Shelby on them,a risky move if not!!!!

I also wonder how the new Shelby Venice wheel is doing for sales,with such a steep price and still not the classic style of the Alcoas.

For me,and I know many people have an issue of the resell price of them today,that the Alcoas are still probably still the most iconic and awesome looking wheel to ever go on a mustang!!!!

I should know because I bought and put on 6 different wheel makes and styles,only to be disappointed with the look of the car each time they were put on,but then the Alcoas were bought and put on...............I was in love after that!!!!!!!

Are these the real deal......only $4,500 Buy It Now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2008-2009-FORD-MUSTANG-GT500KR-18-ALCOA-WHEELS-WITH-GOODYEAR-TIRES-SET-OF-4-/351219784376?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheel_Packages&hash=item51c6549ab8&vxp=mtr

These look like the real deal,but to hard to know for sure!!!

Bear in mind that these are KR wheels and tires,which are 18" and not the same as the Alcoa SS ones which are 20".

If they are real KR ones then they are also made by Alcoa for Shelby.

The 18" rims do not command the same price as the 20" though,but can be a good buy if you are happy to run with the smaller wheel!

For the price, I dig them. Thing is they are comparable to cost of the CS1 and the CS1 is 11" rear.

I can't see spending $5K on rims for someone that drives their car much. Too costly if damaged. Now, for the show crowd more power to them.

Tom

• 1 year later...

Archived