TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone In Chicago Metro Own A Superformance Gt-40?

Curt A

I"m planning on selling my GT 500 the spring of 15' and ordering a Superformance GT40. Any one in the Chicago metro area own one I can look at ?

Unless you really want to deck one out consider buying one already built and sorted out. Like Cobras you'll wait for at least a year for it to get here and then spend another year getting it to run like you want. (I have a friend who swapped his Ford GT for a SPF GT40). Look on www.cobracountry.com and check out the GT40 site.

And whatever you do GO SEE AND DRIVE THE CAR! That means, buy the airline ticket and inspect it yourself.

You should also get educated on what they are. The Cobra and GT40 are out to kill you. Second, the GT40 was probably the most uncomfortable car I ever sat/rode in.

I've been on cobra country , and MFR / DIst web sites . There aren't to many for sale , especially in red . Hense my post of seeing if someone in chicago metro has one I can actually see/ drive. I would get a roller and do the trans and engine myself . I have 35 years automotive experience and did all of the mods on my GT500 . The closest Dist to me is in Detroit area and driving up there in the spring is a possibility ..........

I've been on cobra country , and MFR / DIst web sites . There aren't to many for sale , especially in red . Hense my post of seeing if someone in chicago metro has one I can actually see/ drive. I would get a roller and do the trans and engine myself . I have 35 years automotive experience and did all of the mods on my GT500 . The closest Dist to me is in Detroit area and driving up there in the spring is a possibility ..........

Probe the GT40 forum with a "wanted to buy" request. Some of those owners share my "everything I own is for sale for a price" but not actively marketed.

Archived