TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Floor Mats from SAI

JRGT500

Just got my floor mat set from SAI. Trunk mat has no extension on the right side. Are they all like this, or are there specific trunk mats for Shaker 500 & 1000? I clearly indicated on my order Shaker 500 and their confirmation stated that as well.

JR

Just got my floor mat set from SAI. Trunk mat has no extension on the right side. Are they all like this, or are there specific trunk mats for Shaker 500 & 1000? I clearly indicated on my order Shaker 500 and their confirmation stated that as well.

JR

Sounds like the sent you the Shaker 1000 version. I'd call 'em up to arrange an exchange.

JR

JR,

Same thing happened to me. Just call Bud and he will send you the correct mat set immediately. When you receive it, the package will have a shipping label for the original mat set, just call fedex and they will send it back to SAI. Real easy.

Stuart

Thanks, guys. Looks like they didn't read the order correctly. Not as easy for me to return items, as I'm in Canada. I have my orders shipped to a receiver in Washington State and pick up myself. Saves a ton of shipping money, but there's always a border hassle when you want to return something. Oh well, I need another project.

JR

JR

My second and third set showed up this afternoon.

Blayne, it's too bad orders for the shelby itself don't have that problem :banghead:

...............still waiting patiently for a dash plate

John

I know :waiting: I'm not worried about a couple extra sets of mats, I am worried a little about the plaque because I don't think I can afford the SS Package. I checked CC today and no action :banghead:

I know :waiting: I'm not worried about a couple extra sets of mats, I am worried a little about the plaque because I don't think I can afford the SS Package. I checked CC today and no action :banghead:

..I'm sure that supersnake is not in my future. Too much money, and don't think I would still be around to ever see any investment return. Plus, has anyone ever thought about what happens to the musclecar market once the rich baby boomers pass on?? It may be that the peak of the musclecar market is here, and will start to decline in about 10 years or so. Hope you get the mat thing squared away, and your dash plate shows soon. I am afraid that mine will show up while I am on vacation, and I really want to be the only one handling it.

John

Plus, has anyone ever thought about what happens to the musclecar market once the rich baby boomers pass on?? It may be that the peak of the musclecar market is here, and will start to decline in about 10 years or so.

John

John,

This is a very interesting thought and I have speculated many times what the wants and desires of future generations will be. I have concluded, like many things in life, the desire to own a big, bad, and rare muscle car will be passed down from one generation to the next. My conclusion is supported by a post I read somewhere that presented a very compelling argument. The author reasoned that history confirms many boys, and some girls, are fascinated by planes, trains, and automobiles. He speculated that when a 16 year old boy, or girl, sees a 500 HP Shelby at the stop sign, they can only dream to own one some day. Based upon the reaction of many young adults to my Shelby, I think there may be some merit to this theory, not very scientific, but I feel somewhat comfortable making the statement. Furthermore, the vast majority of these young people are aware of the Shelby brand, history, and desirability. Eventually, when these young folks mature and go out into the real world and become productive members of society, there will be a throw back so to speak, (sort of like genetics) to their childhood dreams of owning something that is more powerful than a speeding bullet. (A Shelby can smash a bigger hole in a brick wall) Hence, to grasp the brass ring, they will be willing to sacrifice whatever it takes to own one of these unique (and rare) pieces of history.

From a personal standpoint, two of my three children have offered, or threatened depending on how you want to interpret the conversation, to “terminate” our relationship so that they can immediately become the owner of a big bad muscle car. As a precautionary measure, sort of like life insurance, I have taken the liberty to place the Shelby in the family trust, guaranteeing that it can not be abused or sold prior until the third generation reaching the age of 21 or the year 2050, whichever comes first. With three children wanting to own, (or even drive) a Shelby, (two more so than the other, but the third still has a desire and high hopes, but is not quite as committed as the other two) and having only one Shelby, the demand is three times greater than the supply, (this is still very unscientific but somewhat convincing, at least for me). Based upon the above logic, which is somewhat fuzzy at best, I have concluded that the demand will always be greater than supply for this product, and therefore there will always be a market for a true muscle car

cobrafan

..you may very well be right. I suppose I am just not sure enough to spend a lot extra on the ss package to try to make it a better investment per se. I know my two boys, 22 and 18, like the shelby and want to learn how to drive it (neither knows how to drive a stick yet). And the younger boy just can't understand why I think its a bad idea for him to drive it to prom next spring :hysterical2:

Rob

You didn't know that you were supposed to get three sets with your order???? All the rest of us have, except for you.................................................. :hysterical:

I have my first set that I received last week in the car and I have these in the entryway.post-5223-1181010109_thumb.jpg

post-5223-1181010109_thumb.jpg

No I'm not kidding. I was just a little frustrated and then it hit me :hysterical2:

Now you have one for Show and one for Go and a back up spare set. You will never need another set.

What more could a guy ask for ?

cobrafan

..you may very well be right. I suppose I am just not sure enough to spend a lot extra on the ss package to try to make it a better investment per se. I know my two boys, 22 and 18, like the shelby and want to learn how to drive it (neither knows how to drive a stick yet). And the younger boy just can't understand why I think its a bad idea for him to drive it to prom next spring :hysterical2:

KCMO-GT500

I don't know either you or your son, but letting a 17 or 18 year old drive a GT500 to the prom would seem to me to be a really really bad idea, as I'm sure you know full well. But, I like your son's style. One in a 50 million chance to take his date to the prom in style, and he at least takes a shot. Good Boy. You've got to admire the desire. Ask him if he want's you to drive him and his date in the Shelby and I'll bet the chances are he'll look for another set of wheels. Date versus Dad, you'll lose every time.

I certainly understand your dilemma with the extras. Save for perhaps a hundred or so enthusiasts that are comitted to SS and have the financial resourses to make this happen, I think many of us have some apprehension and anxiety about spending $90,000 on a mustang even though we know that it's a Shelby. Enjoy your ride now. If you get mods it will be different, not better.

Called Shelby yesterday and talked to Doug about the mats. Sounds like they're run off their feet and chaos prevails! Apparently all the boxes of mats are labelled for Shaker 1000, whether they are or not. The staff are supposed to open every box before shipping to check what's in them. Obviously, that's not always happening. Anyhow, a correct set (I hope) is being shipped today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

JR

Called Shelby yesterday and talked to Doug about the mats. Sounds like they're run off their feet and chaos prevails! Apparently all the boxes of mats are labelled for Shaker 1000, whether they are or not. The staff are supposed to open every box before shipping to check what's in them. Obviously, that's not always happening. Anyhow, a correct set (I hope) is being shipped today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

JR

D'OH! :doh: SNAFU

JR

Thats Shelby Automobiles, Inc. for you :confused:

I know many of you are having problems getting good service from SAI, but I sure can't complain. Called them last Tuesday about my incorrect floor mats. The new correct set arrived Monday afternoon this week with a prepaid label for sending back the wrong ones. Also, I got my dash plaque/sill set in just under 7 weeks with no charge to my CC for 5 days after they arrived. Can't ask for much more than that. Maybe the key word here is 'consistency.'

JR

Archived