TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Gt350H

ITHERTZ66

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so exciting...I am like a little kid waiting for Christmas! Please be a GT350H, please be a GT350H! It seems everything is in alignment for this to be happening. We'll know soon enough.

Maybe today: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/new-york-auto-show/news/a28517/is-a-brand-new-hertz-shelby-mustang-coming-next-week/

Just not sure it is as special as when Carroll was alive. That said, a white with gold stripe manual would be nice.

So the question is will SAI be outfitting a standard Mustang GT with automatic (I hope not), or will they use a the real deal GT350 and keep it a stick!? Any word on an automatic being in development for the GT350? I can't imagine being able to actually rent one of those new GT350s, but we all know it has happened in the past!!!

Picture of the grill with the GT-H label is interesting.

CeFJaUdW8AAwTBm.jpg

I wish they would just reissue the GT350H name already!! I never cared for "GT-H". That makes me scared that this will only be a modified Mustang GT ):

Actually, that grill reminds me of the Shelby GT. I hope it's not simply a rental version of the new Shelby GT.

CeFJaUdW8AAwTBm.jpg

I wish they would just reissue the GT350H name already!! I never cared for "GT-H". That makes me scared that this will only be a modified Mustang GT ):

Actually, that grill reminds me of the Shelby GT. I hope it's not simply a rental version of the new Shelby GT.

It may just be that, a Shelby GT rental version. Heck, 2006 it went the other way, GT-H and then a general public version, the SGT. Reverse osmosis. Will it be like the Terlingua, only 50 available, to specific rental locations. Regardless, should still be a very nice Shelby if this is how it goes.

It may just be that, a Shelby GT rental version. Heck, 2006 it went the other way, GT-H and then a general public version, the SGT. Reverse osmosis. Will it be like the Terlingua, only 50 available, to specific rental locations. Regardless, should still be a very nice Shelby if this is how it goes.

It would surprise me if they didn't follow the same route as the other Shelby Hertz cars (i.e. majority go to rental fleet first)

They should make a limited amount that do not go to Hertz, charge more and give the premium to Hertz for the rights, I know I would pay a premium so it wasn't rented. I love the Hertz, but the fact it was rented and more then likely beat to crap most of the time it was rented is a huge turn off to me.

Did they do that with the last run, I do not recall hearing that they did???

They should make a limited amount that do not go to Hertz, charge more and give the premium to Hertz for the rights, I know I would pay a premium so it wasn't rented. I love the Hertz, but the fact it was rented and more then likely beat to crap most of the time it was rented is a huge turn off to me.

Did they do that with the last run, I do not recall hearing that they did???

Nope, all were rental cars other than a few that went to Hertz Execs.

i suspect the use of a base GT as a starting point kept the focus of th car on Shelby American's contribution. i feel like it should have been based on the GT350, but my guess is it would reflect more of a Ford Performance image and not so much of a Shelby American product. since SAI is a post-title mod shop, and their other packages are based on the 5.0 GT, this car helps sell that concept. who knows. seems a little anti-climactic and predictable. ironically, very few people will actually be able to rent one with such a limited build quantity. only major city airports will offer them and they are guaranteed to gouge you in the process.

Archived