TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ron Pratte Museum Tour This Weekend On Velocity

shelbymotorsports

The Velocity channel has a taped special on the Ron Pratte Collection which airs this weekend, November 15th & 16th. Basically a pre-view on the memorabilia and cars going up for auction this coming January in Scottsdale.

Steve

Pratte Velocity Show.jpg

Edited by shelbymotorsports
SP

does anyone know why Ron Pratte is selling his collection? Is his business going bankrupt or something?

All just speculation, money is certainly not the issue, but my speculation is that he just got tired of it all and wants to move on to other things to fill his time. I don't think he is a deeply dedicated car guy.

Really? I had heard that story before, but have seen him outside without them before, thought he just likes to "look cool" and so nobody sees his eyes during his hyper-thons on the podium.

Yes he does have an optical sensitivity to light. When we chatted at the pre-Barrett Jackson car show at Gaudin Ford he was wearing some lighter glasses than I had seen him in before, and at the auction had pretty dark ones on. I have a very sensitive eye myself that makes eye exams, particularly the glaucoma test, a challenge for the eye doctor.

Edited by twobjshelbys

I've also talked to him outside with no sun glasses on. It was a cloudy day so he didn't have a problem that day. In the auction arena, the lights are incredibly bright for TV, so he really needs them when inside the ring.

Interesting show. Would have liked more time spent on the cars than the B-J hype but its obvious who paid for this "show".

When they got to the Shelby cars I was surprised at Steve Davis saying that the last time Carroll was on the B-J auction stage was when the Prudhomme car was sold in October 2009. Ummm who was the Texan on the Scottsdale stage in 2010 then when SAI unveiled the 2011 GT350?

Also was thrown off when Don Prudhomme said that he and Carroll had been talking about building a Prudhomme car for eight to ten years. That video clip was from 2009 so eight to ten years before that would have been 1999 to 2001 which would have been the Series 1 days.

Didn't know Mr Pratte was a Vietnam vet so his donation of the GM Future Liner is very commendable.

Steve

Interesting show. Would have liked more time spent on the cars than the B-J hype but its obvious who paid for this "show".

When they got to the Shelby cars I was surprised at Steve Davis saying that the last time Carroll was on the B-J auction stage was when the Prudhomme car was sold in October 2009. Ummm who was the Texan on the Scottsdale stage in 2010 then when SAI unveiled the 2011 GT350?

Also was thrown off when Don Prudhomme said that he and Carroll had been talking about building a Prudhomme car for eight to ten years. That video clip was from 2009 so eight to ten years before that would have been 1999 to 2001 which would have been the Series 1 days.

Didn't know Mr Pratte was a Vietnam vet so his donation of the GM Future Liner is very commendable.

Steve

Photos of the Prudhomme car here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/49191-barrett-jackson-las-vegas-prudhomme-super-snake/?hl=%2Bbarrett+%2Bprudhomme

I think the distinction they are making is that this was probably the last time Carroll was on the block (not stage). Certainly he was on the stage for the GT350 announcement but that was at the beach party.

It is totally way cool that the Futurliner proceeds are going to charity.