TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pinion Angle With One Piece Driveshaft

ZEROED

I am installing a Shaftmasters one piece drive shaft in my 2007 GT-500. The suspension and ride height are stock.

Will my pinion angle be OK, or should it be checked and possibly adjusted. If it should be checked , and possibly adjusted, where and what tool do I purchase to make this measurement.

How would I adjust the pinion angle, if needed?

I should have asked this question before removing the OEM DS.

Thanks.

Your pinion angle should be just fine. My car is lowered and I have no issues with my PST 1 piece carbon shaft. You could also inquire with shaftmasters to verify.

A one piece does not require pinion angle adjustment. I read it here on the web so it must be true....

I also read on the web that if you think that the gap between the fender/body and the tire is too much then you should just put on some taller tires to close up the gap.

Your pinion angle should be just fine. My car is lowered and I have no issues with my PST 1 piece carbon shaft. You could also inquire with shaftmasters to verify.

With the rear CV joint on a 1-pc, it's not nearly as important or critical as with a standard cross & bearing U-joint.

I adjusted mine to near zero but I have spherical/hiem joints on my trailing arms and third link so I get a minimum of nose climb from the pinion to compensate for.

Phill

Archived