TEAM SHELBY FORUM

600 hp Full Ford Warranty, so says R&T

Road and Track, July 2007, page 30 says the 600hp version will have a full Ford warranty. Has that been confirmed? I wasn't sure if the warranty for the the 600hp version was going to be SAI or Ford.

When I talked with FRPP about this, they said as long as it was installed at SAI or any FORD-Lincoln-Mercury dealer & the proper paperwork was filled out, any F-L-M dealership could file the warrantee claim to them (FRPP). The only thing they had to do was finish up more test (per FORD) to see if it was going to be a 12month/12k or 3yr/36k warranty

When I talked with FRPP about this, they said as long as it was installed at SAI or any FORD-Lincoln-Mercury dealer & the proper paperwork was filled out, any F-L-M dealership could file the warrantee claim to them (FRPP). The only thing they had to do was finish up more test (per FORD) to see if it was going to be a 12month/12k or 3yr/36k warranty

At 12\12, its not much of a warranty.

Before spending 30k on a 600 HP upgrade, I would like to find out WHO exactly is going to warranty any engine concern. This is a HUGE gray area! FRPP will likely warrant their parts only. FMC will cover the GT500 stock. SAI will cover their parts.

Lets just say we had a piston melt down. Who will step up? And lets not forget the Ford tech states its due to the mods. Regardless of the answer your Shelby will probably sit for a long time before anybody authorizes the repairs.

Before spending 30k on a 600 HP upgrade, I would like to find out WHO exactly is going to warranty any engine concern. This is a HUGE gray area! FRPP will likely warrant their parts only. FMC will cover the GT500 stock. SAI will cover their parts.

Lets just say we had a piston melt down. Who will step up? And lets not forget the Ford tech states its due to the mods. Regardless of the answer your Shelby will probably sit for a long time before anybody authorizes the repairs.

+1

Archived