TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 And 1965 Comparison

Denstang65

The 65 is nice. These are cool to look at when they are at shows and cruises but that is where it ends for me. You can have those heaps. They are slow, ill mannered, and almost always stink. Take the '15, you ca't beat technology.

My '68KR is fast, well mannered (love to hang the back end out whenever I want, and easily straighten it out), and smells like a high octane torque monster....

When I drive my new gen KR, no one pays attention, (except the cops...lol) and when I drive the '68, smiles and thumbs up all day long...

Do I want to drive cross country in it, no, but a day to the beach, you betcha

That being said, I do want one of the new 15's...hopefully one of the new GT350's that is being revealed on Monday.

Edited by Cali_KR

Im in for a 15 but generally like most generations. I don't agree Ford designed them for oversees (mainly because I spoke to the engineers) Sales indicated it was time to move on. And, while there are some things I would change, I really like the car. Of course, the GT350, old or new is tops

Maybe it has something to do with the 2004 vs the 2005 . When the 2005 came out it was a total knock out punch . People just went crazy over the fact that the mustang was back. They finally got the design just right. This retro word has been over used and the 2014 had room to grow. Why ford keeps saying it needed a modern design is a mistake. The 2005/2014 had a little 1965 in her and was kind of like the 911 Porsche evolution . I saw A black 2015 and it just blended into the cars it was next to. There are a ton of coupes out there from Japan and blend in real well with the new Mustang. Is this what Ford wanted ? Because this is what they got. I'll keep my 2010 GT 500 for now . The 2015 GT version is just to common looking.

But then again SVT always comes up with something special and will wait. They have a great platform to work with.

Edited by mach 1 1970

No one but us enthusiasts remain to buy the retro design and sales were slipping fast, probably because all of us already have ours. Ford had to move on. It looks to be a hit with the younger generation who only remember the SN95's and up. My kids love it. I'm looking forward to the SVT version.

I like the '65 much better. I think Ford intentionally pulled away from the retro theme with this design as it has been played out (in some opinions). I think they got it right with the original S197 as far as being closest to the original....one word nizz

P7061563b.jpg

P7061579b.jpg

P7061587b.jpg

Great pics & comparison.

The 65 Mustang was designed to attract younger U.S. buyers.

The 2015 Mustang is designed to attract younger buyers in...................... Japan, China, and to a lesser extent Europe.

Good point. Just watch the lastest TV commerical. Targeting the twenty something chicks with tattoo's, and dot com crowd. Why not?

I think it's all in the eye of the beholder and what generation you are from. I'm 53, so I grew up in the later years of the muscle car era, meaning they were still around, somewhat beat up but still around (Still have my 70 Chevelle SS). Personally; I love the body lines of the real deal. That 65 is absolutely beautiful, sexy, mean looking. I don't care if you talking about a Mustang, Chevelle, Camaro, Challanger, Charger, GTO, Trans Am, Corvette, Super Bird, AMX, Javlin etc they simply rock regarding body lines and looks. I think Ford did about as good a job as possible with the 05 retro design, and I think Dodge did a similar job with the Challenger. However, neither can hold a candle to the original visually. But when to take into consideration the reliability, performance, fuel mileage, and safety improvements of todays version compared to the originals, I'm happy they got as close as they did.

I finally seen a 2015 in person Friday night at 12.15am behind me in the Steak n' Shake drive thru line. Considering the high school Football game ended and it was packed I got a good look at the car. It for sure sits lower and wider and looks real good but that huge grill opening looks as odd in person as well online or in a magazine. When it drove away the taillights were real odd looking lit up at night maybe Ford could have designed them better. I want one yes but wouldn't even consider one now based on those colors. I will wait for the GT350 and or a Mach 1 which I hope is 2016 and not 2017